> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

20 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Tflava's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 21 2021, 09:14 PM
Instructor

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jul 22 2021, 03:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hé mate thanks for the feedback and im glad you liked the Second take.
I tried to focus on my phrasing. The lick around 0.20 seconds i tried to play slightly behind the beat to give it a dramatic effect.
At the end it isnt the best playing but i wanted to play some legato as a practice. I use a 12 note sequence and play it backwards the Second time.bi start on the E with E micyfian scale. Then the D lydian scale where i tried to play 16 note triplets at the end smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 23 2021, 07:45 PM
Instructor
Cool! Yes, it's a very nice solo, with very enjoyable phrases. I like your tone, motivic development. I only feel that some parts could be played with better timing, but other than that it's a great take.

I can hear some Andy Timmons influences, are you familiar with his playing?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jul 23 2021, 11:08 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hey mate.
Thanks yes some parts are not whole precise. U wanted to shift with the timing for some effect but it was not as it was supposed to be 😂

Yes i know him. Very good guitarist is he smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmez
Aug 4 2021, 03:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello gab.

How are you?
Im working on my diminshed scale and know how to use and apply it and get the sound in my head. Im also working on some own licks i made from the scale.
I was wondering if we can do a new sort of working together where i focuss more on writing some arrangement or get some target from you where to focuss on.

So maybe make a funk and focus on syncopated rhythm and leadsl as an example.
I really liked the creativity workout and i think that kind of workouts have a HUGE impact on my playing and thinking as a musician smile.gif
I want to Explore different styles like latin, funk, fusion, rock, blues, a little country, surf etc...
Im also still working on my hybrid picking, alternate picking, legato and other techniques.

Let me know what you think smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 4 2021, 04:15 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for the update! Your plans and current practice sound very good!

QUOTE (tflava @ Aug 4 2021, 11:33 AM) *
I was wondering if we can do a new sort of working together where i focuss more on writing some arrangement or get some target from you where to focuss on.
I really liked the creativity workout and i think that kind of workouts have a HUGE impact on my playing and thinking as a musician smile.gif
I want to Explore different styles like latin, funk, fusion, rock, blues, a little country, surf etc...
Im also still working on my hybrid picking, alternate picking, legato and other techniques.

I'm in! This is a nice idea. How would you like to start with this? Do you have any order of genres? or you prefer me to assign the style and concept to be focused?

On a side note, I'll share a new picture at the Creativity Workout today.

Hi mate! Thanks for the update! Your plans and current practice sound very good!

QUOTE (tflava @ Aug 4 2021, 11:33 AM) *

I'm in! This is a nice idea. How would you like to start with this? Do you have any order of genres? or you prefer me to assign the style and concept to be focused?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Aug 4 2021, 08:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 4 2021, 03:15 PM) *

Thanks mate. Nice that your willing to do this for me smile.gif
I prefer if you dictate the style and concept for me.

I Saw the new picture and came up with an idea immeditiately. An agressieve sound. What do you think?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 5 2021, 03:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim! I love it. I can hear some Stoner and Metal vibes here. It's aggressive and dark as the picture.

For any reason, this song by legendary Argentinian guitarist Pappo came to my mind:

I think that this idea could be your first assignment. Recording drums, bass, adding vocals if possible, and giving a song structure to a triplet feel stoner rock/metal tune.

So it would be:

FIRST ASSIGNMENT:

Style: Stoner Rock
Concept: Triplet/Shuffle Feel

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Aug 5 2021, 04:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello mate.

Very nice. I will go for it. I will try to make lyrics for the chorus then.
I will make a bass part and also come up with some lead stuff.
I have some real cool things in kind smile.gif
This style is less familiair for me but i listened to your song and some other and think i can replicate the style a little smile.gif
Ill keep you updated man smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 6 2021, 02:18 PM
Instructor
That sounds great! I usually have to compose music that is out of my comfort zone and one good trick that works for me is to use Spotify playlists and listen to them while I'm doing other things.

I would search for "stoner rock" on Spotify, and listen to it while going for a walk.

https://open.spotify.com/track/4yl1IpHPuXUV...540fdbb6af34018

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1...f75ac94c5f74b7e

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Aug 6 2021, 02:33 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks a lot. Very nice. I think i have to use my fuzz pedal for a good sound 😎

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 6 2021, 03:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Aug 6 2021, 10:33 AM) *
Thanks a lot. Very nice. I think i have to use my fuzz pedal for a good sound 😎

True

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Aug 7 2021, 08:15 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello mate.

Looked at your band the vids but what an amszing band. You played in front of thousands of People. Its my big dream smile.gif

I have 2 vids Here i wanted to show you with my reggae band. 1 vid of playing in my garden. We drinkend some beer before so it isnt Our best performance but it was lot of fun. And antoger vid of is practicing in the practice room. More of a carribean salsa rhythm

I also recorded another jam today. I the first part till 1.16 i tried to pay full attention to follow the chords. After that i let loose and just played with my ears. In my opinion from there it sounded a bit better what do you think?

The second chord is a G#diminshed chord so i tried to play the G# dim whole half scale sometimes but its quite challenging.
Thanks a lot again and have a nice day mate .

Greetz tim

This post has been edited by tflava: Aug 8 2021, 04:35 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 9 2021, 03:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Aug 7 2021, 05:15 AM) *
Looked at your band the vids but what an amszing band. You played in front of thousands of People. Its my big dream smile.gif

Thanks mate!! Yeah, we lived lots of beautiful moments with Cirse. It surpassed all the dreams I had as a teenager so I'm extremely grateful with life. smile.gif

The band broke up 2 years ago, but I formed a new one called Ramen with the same musicians but a new singer.

We couldn't play live yet because of the pandemic but hopefully we'll do a first show soon.

I have 2 vids Here i wanted to show you with my reggae band. 1 vid of playing in my garden. We drinkend some beer before so it isnt Our best performance but it was lot of fun. And antoger vid of is practicing in the practice room. More of a carribean salsa rhythm

That's great man! You band is very groovy and everything sound tight and enjoyable. You sound very interesting and fresh to my ears. I love the rhythms, the sounds, everything, you are a very promising band. Do you have music released? What are the plans?

Keep going!

I also recorded another jam today. I the first part till 1.16 i tried to pay full attention to follow the chords. After that i let loose and just played with my ears. In my opinion from there it sounded a bit better what do you think?

The second chord is a G#diminshed chord so i tried to play the G# dim whole half scale sometimes but its quite challenging.
Thanks a lot again and have a nice day mate .

Greetz tim

Yes! We always play better when we stop thinking and start feeling. However, both moments are important parts of a guitar session. The more you practice, the more you'll internalize the concepts and they will become a second nature.

I like how you become more bluesy in the second part. The only thing that I missed there is the use of silences in between phrases, and finding more defined phrases.

Check my lesson from the new course: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Lead-B...-Improvisation/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Aug 9 2021, 07:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 9 2021, 02:49 PM) *
Thanks mate!! Yeah, we lived lots of beautiful moments with Cirse. It surpassed all the dreams I had as a teenager so I'm extremely grateful with life. smile.gif

The band broke up 2 years ago, but I formed a new one called Ramen with the same musicians but a new singer.

We couldn't play live yet because of the pandemic but hopefully we'll do a first show soon.

That's great man! You band is very groovy and everything sound tight and enjoyable. You sound very interesting and fresh to my ears. I love the rhythms, the sounds, everything, you are a very promising band. Do you have music released? What are the plans?

Keep going!

Yes! We always play better when we stop thinking and start feeling. However, both moments are important parts of a guitar session. The more you practice, the more you'll internalize the concepts and they will become a second nature.

I like how you become more bluesy in the second part. The only thing that I missed there is the use of silences in between phrases, and finding more defined phrases.

Check my lesson from the new course: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Lead-B...-Improvisation/

Very nice man it must be incredibble too play like that. I think its real good that you live your derams and worked hard for it cool.gif
The band RAMEN sounds also awesome man. Both with a different vibe are the songs you send me. Very nice!!

With the reggae band we play mostly covers. We play also 3 songs that i have written and one the key player have written. We just want to have fun and gig a few times a year. With my other band we are more motivated to play a lot but i likeboth because i play real diiferent genres with both.

About the jam, i will focus on my phrasing and silence more. next time i shoot another vid and focuss on that concept smile.gif
But i have to study this way i understand. To focuss and sometimes let go smile.gif

Today i reached the mighty 200 bpm in sixteenth notes for the first time with a speed burst practice ! What do you think smile.gif

greezt Tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 10 2021, 03:00 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim!

Thanks for the update and your words about Ramen! smile.gif

QUOTE (tflava @ Aug 9 2021, 04:23 PM) *
With the reggae band we play mostly covers. We play also 3 songs that i have written and one the key player have written. We just want to have fun and gig a few times a year. With my other band we are more motivated to play a lot but i likeboth because i play real diiferent genres with both.

Nice! There are things related to music and guitar that you only learn when you play in a band. There is no book, clinic, or lesson that can replace or explain the real band situation... playing with real people.

About the jam, i will focus on my phrasing and silence more. next time i shoot another vid and focuss on that concept smile.gif
But i have to study this way i understand. To focuss and sometimes let go smile.gif

This sounds good! You can check Kris's Jam School lessons as well to get more ideas.

Good job man! Your picking technique is also improving a lot. You start to lose sync between hands at 170/180. That's the tempo you need to focus. Don't practice too much at higher tempos until you can put both hand on sync.

If you need more Speed exercises, check out this thread: LINK.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Aug 11 2021, 04:38 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Yeah its right. I have to say that i like playing with others the most. There is less time to practice other things because you have to be "gig" ready but i get a lot out of it.

Thanks i also notice it myself that around 180 the trouble comes in. But ill keep continuing with the excersises.
I also practice hybrid picking a lot and i notice that i use it a lot in my playing at the moment. Unconcious also. Maybe a little too much but i think if i focuss on it that i van make my advantage of it.

Thanks for your help and all your feedback. This saturday en monday i have to play a gig so focuss on the songs. After that i will go on with the stoner rock and other excersises.

Greetz tim

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 12 2021, 03:23 PM
Instructor
Cool mate! Thanks for the update.

Enjoy your gig and share some pics and videos after it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Timmez
Aug 12 2021, 05:23 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks mate i will.

Here i revorded the jam again. At the beginning i was focussin on breathing more.
Later on, on about the half of the track.
Im more noodling around and try to play some fast and try some things. So maybe its good to focus on the beginning:)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 13 2021, 03:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Tim!! How are you?

Thanks for sharing!!

Cool! I notice that breathing makes a big difference. There are nice phrases in this jam, and I think that combining melodic stuff with some shreddy passages gives your playing a good balance.

Regarding your sound... I think that your tone doesn't fit with the style. It's too dirty and has too much delay, don't you think so? I would prefer a cleaner tone. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

20 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:08 AM