Fingers On Fretboard
lefty01
Apr 3 2007, 02:36 AM
GMC:er
Hi All.
I am having a problem keeping my fingers close to the fretboard. I know this is forming a habit of bad technique, and slows me down. Any ideas on what I can do to solve this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 3 2007, 02:57 AM
im not really understanding what you mean....? huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 3 2007, 04:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (lefty01 @ Apr 2 2007, 10:36 PM) *
Hi All.
I am having a problem keeping my fingers close to the fretboard. I know this is forming a habit of bad technique, and slows me down. Any ideas on what I can do to solve this?

I don't undestand what you mean.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gren
Apr 3 2007, 05:31 AM
Well from what I'm getting from this, you should try stretching your fingers, or just constantly try to keep them down on the fretboard. Try just sitting with your guitar while watching tv or something, while trying to keep those fingers down. Do lot's of basic exercises that incorporate some beginner fretting, and constantly focus on stretching your fingers to keep them down.

+Quote Post
wheeler
Apr 3 2007, 07:35 PM
I think I know what you're saying. As you play, your fingers have a tendency to pull away from the fretboard, which increases the time it takes for them to get BACK to the fretboard for the next note/chord. Unfortunately, I only know of 1 fix for this, and it's the same one that you'll hear for most problems....slow down and focus on the problem. Crank up the metronome and play through your scales/chord changes slowly, concentrating on keeping your fingers just above the strings when they're not fretting anything. Slowing down is the last thing anyone wants to do, but the sad truth is, it's the best way to fix most problems. Hope that helps some.

+Quote Post
lefty01
Apr 3 2007, 08:45 PM
QUOTE (wheeler @ Apr 3 2007, 12:35 PM) *
I think I know what you're saying. As you play, your fingers have a tendency to pull away from the fretboard, which increases the time it takes for them to get BACK to the fretboard for the next note/chord. Unfortunately, I only know of 1 fix for this, and it's the same one that you'll hear for most problems....slow down and focus on the problem. Crank up the metronome and play through your scales/chord changes slowly, concentrating on keeping your fingers just above the strings when they're not fretting anything. Slowing down is the last thing anyone wants to do, but the sad truth is, it's the best way to fix most problems. Hope that helps some.

Hi. Thanks, that is exactly my problem. I guess it is like anything else...just keep at it, focus and work it out.
Thanks for the help.

QUOTE (Gren @ Apr 2 2007, 10:31 PM) *
Well from what I'm getting from this, you should try stretching your fingers, or just constantly try to keep them down on the fretboard. Try just sitting with your guitar while watching tv or something, while trying to keep those fingers down. Do lot's of basic exercises that incorporate some beginner fretting, and constantly focus on stretching your fingers to keep them down.

Thanks. The the type of input I was looking for.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:30 AM