2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hi All At Gmc
Machinae
Jan 15 2009, 02:17 AM
GMC:er
Hi all, im Mach, and a total first step beginner at learning how to play the guitar. Im actually so new at this, im still waiting for my first guitar to arrive in the mail. I know absolutely nothing about guitars except they got 6 strings and make an awesome sound. I bought an simple electric guitar, probably crap but as im no Zakk Wylde it gotta have to do for now. Was thinking of getting an acoustic first but ive figured to keep the motivation as high as possible, and as my passion for metal music always had a big influence in wanting to learn how to play, the choice was obvious.

Been browsing the videos and reading the forums and really love the atmosphere here so there wasnt really any other place that could compete with GMC, and im sure if anyone can teach me how to play the guitar, it will be right here. Been dreaming of this for atleast 10+ years but never really gotten around to even try to play as it looks really hard and complicated. When im thinking of it, the only time ive held a guitar was at low age and it had no strings...

I dont have access to any guitarclasses or teachers outside of GMC so ive got high expectations of learning here. I got close to unlimited time and dedication to do it, most likely zero natural talent and (at the moment) no guitar smile.gif Ofcourse the fear of failing is always there and im actually nervous in some strange way to start playing, not sure why though.

The first steps lessons by Andrew was really helpful in eliminating alot of question marks and should be mandatory for anyone even thinking of picking up a guitar. Not only is it a great lessons in basics but it also builds confidence that you actually can learn how to play. Big thanks for that Andrew. Im guessing ive just scratched the surface on all awesome lessons on this site and i cant wait to dwelve deeper into it all.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and i will be seeing alot of you around from now on.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 15 2009, 02:31 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Welcome man, time and dedication is all it takes and GMC will take you far, trust me on this one... smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 15 2009, 02:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Machinae @ Jan 15 2009, 01:17 AM) *
I know absolutely nothing about guitars except they got 6 strings and make an awesome sound.

Hello Mach and welcome to GMC smile.gif The above quoted setntence is very right and true. For the start that's what you should know and keep in mind as well:) Now when you know that it has 6 strings, now learn their names and at least all 12 chromatic notes on the first string (From E open string to E 12th fret). After you can start with some simple basic exercises. Feel free to ask anything on the forum and enjoy your time here.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 15 2009, 02:37 AM
Hi Mach, It will be surely hard in the beginning but try to keep your motivation, thats the key. You can always ask around your questions, as GMC has a bunch of worldclass instructors, and if you like you can ask us, the fellow GMCers too, and I dont think there is one person who will hesitate to help you here. You should keep following Andrews trail for first step and before you know it you are going to start to play this 6 stringed angel as you would like. laugh.gif

Welcome to GMC!

Can

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Dreamcatcher
Jan 15 2009, 02:48 AM
Hey Mach Welcome to GMC..I'm sure this place will help you out in everyway..if you cannot find the answers your looking for just hop onto the forums and ask...everyone here is awesome and alwas willing to take some time to help ya out...The instructors rock and are always round helping. The members are really cool as well and most are helpful with thier answers as well. Good Luck!!!

--------------------
" Free Your Mind and Your Axe Will Follow" Vernon Reid (Living Colour)

+Quote Post
Mandos
Jan 15 2009, 06:18 AM
Hey Mach and welcome to GMC.

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 15 2009, 11:50 AM
Hello Mach, welcome onboard...
Say "farewell" to all your past hobbies wink.gif you'll sink into this place really quickly, hehe.... wink.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 15 2009, 11:55 AM
Welcome to GMC mate. Certainly you are at the best place to learn and I'm sure Andrew is really happy that you find his series of lessons useful. They are a great path into the guitar basics and very well put together.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jan 15 2009, 12:04 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Welcome to GMC mate! smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 15 2009, 12:26 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Mach !
Feel free to ask any questions smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 15 2009, 12:37 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hi Mach, welcome to GMC, there are many people here more than happy to help you on your new path! smile.gif just ask smile.gif all the best!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
berko
Jan 15 2009, 12:48 PM
That was a great definition of the guitar: 6 strings + awesome sound biggrin.gif

Welcome to GMC, feel free to ask anything!

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Jan 15 2009, 12:50 PM
Instructor
Welcome to the site Mach!!
You've come to the right place, you'll find that here is everything to become a good guitar player.
Be free to ask any questions! smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jan 15 2009, 12:52 PM
Singing Instructor
Welcome to GMC.smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 15 2009, 02:17 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC Mach ! All its needed to become a good player is dedication and place to learn, so you got it all! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 15 2009, 02:51 PM
Instructor
Great to meet you Mach!
I'm excited for your new journey in guitar world!
Don't burn any steps and ask a lot of questions, you'll improve in no time!

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 15 2009, 03:35 PM
Instructor
Welcome Mach, have fun here and ask a lot! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Jan 15 2009, 03:37 PM
hi Mach, you are going to love gmc, welcome smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 15 2009, 10:56 PM
Instructor
Welcome aboard man! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Jan 15 2009, 11:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Machinae @ Jan 15 2009, 02:17 AM) *
Hi all, im Mach, and a total first step beginner at learning how to play the guitar. Im actually so new at this, im still waiting for my first guitar to arrive in the mail. I know absolutely nothing about guitars except they got 6 strings and make an awesome sound. I bought an simple electric guitar, probably crap but as im no Zakk Wylde it gotta have to do for now. Was thinking of getting an acoustic first but ive figured to keep the motivation as high as possible, and as my passion for metal music always had a big influence in wanting to learn how to play, the choice was obvious.

Been browsing the videos and reading the forums and really love the atmosphere here so there wasnt really any other place that could compete with GMC, and im sure if anyone can teach me how to play the guitar, it will be right here. Been dreaming of this for atleast 10+ years but never really gotten around to even try to play as it looks really hard and complicated. When im thinking of it, the only time ive held a guitar was at low age and it had no strings...

I dont have access to any guitarclasses or teachers outside of GMC so ive got high expectations of learning here. I got close to unlimited time and dedication to do it, most likely zero natural talent and (at the moment) no guitar smile.gif Ofcourse the fear of failing is always there and im actually nervous in some strange way to start playing, not sure why though.

The first steps lessons by Andrew was really helpful in eliminating alot of question marks and should be mandatory for anyone even thinking of picking up a guitar. Not only is it a great lessons in basics but it also builds confidence that you actually can learn how to play. Big thanks for that Andrew. Im guessing ive just scratched the surface on all awesome lessons on this site and i cant wait to dwelve deeper into it all.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and i will be seeing alot of you around from now on.

Welcome

You will like GMC biggrin.gif i hope tongue.gif

No i am sure you will like it.

Good luck!!

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:28 AM