Opinions About M-audio Fast Track Mkii?, Is it worth it?
antback
Dec 22 2010, 02:53 PM
GMC:er
Hi all!

I am evaluating buying the M-Audio Fast Track MKII so I can plug my guitar into the MAC and record some stuff. I don't want to expend a lot of money and the MKII is cheap.

Anyone knows if is it worth it or maybe it is better to wait and invest more money?

Thanks a lot!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 22 2010, 05:07 PM
Instructor
It depends on what you want to record. If it's only guitars, then you only need a 1/4 inch input. But if you may record some vocals, and you never know when you are gonna need this! then you need something that allows you to do that as well.

Also if you some day want to do a backing track using synth, bass or drums, then a keyboard is essential. And for this you need to have the MIDI input to connect it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 22 2010, 05:13 PM
Instructor
I have many friends that use M-audio Fast Track and they work great. If I'm not wrong this one includes a XLR input for mic and a 1/4 plug for instruments so that all you need for producing music in your home. Regarding the midi feature, nowadays most of the midi controllers can be connected via USB so you don't really need a midi input in your soundcard.
I think that it's a great choice for this price range.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 22 2010, 05:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 22 2010, 06:13 PM) *
I have many friends that use M-audio Fast Track and they work great. If I'm not wrong this one includes a XLR input for mic and a 1/4 plug for instruments so that all you need for producing music in your home. Regarding the midi feature, nowadays most of the midi controllers can be connected via USB so you don't really need a midi input in your soundcard.
I think that it's a great choice for this price range.

That is true. I didn't consider the USB controller. Then you are set with this one! smile.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
antback
Dec 22 2010, 05:44 PM
Thanks a lot for your responses! It is the information that I needed. I am going to buy it wink.gif

This post has been edited by antback: Dec 22 2010, 05:46 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 23 2010, 03:23 AM
In general I've had great luck with every M-Audio product I"ve ever owned. I'm a big fan of their stuff in general. The use quality bits in building their gear and they keep prices low. It's not "High End" gear typically but functional, dependable, and above all cheap! smile.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 28 2010, 02:59 AM
Instructor
I agree with Todd on this one, no M-Audio product has failed on me, and they are all reasonably priced. I think it's a good purchase in terms of hardware. But pay attention about the software of the card. One thing I've found that is often bad with M-Audio products is their software. It's often confusing, spartan, and not that flexible.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Dec 28 2010, 02:59 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 28 2010, 03:29 AM
Ivan has a good point here, check the software bundle that comes with. The good news is that most of the M-Audio interfaces will work with just about any DAW, so you can always switch over to Reaper or what not.

Todd

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 27 2010, 08:59 PM) *
I agree with Todd on this one, no M-Audio product has failed on me, and they are all reasonably priced. I think it's a good purchase in terms of hardware. But pay attention about the software of the card. One thing I've found that is often bad with M-Audio products is their software. It's often confusing, spartan, and not that flexible.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 31 2010, 03:05 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I have M-Audio audiophile 192 and I like the sound card. Only thing lacking (and it was very important to me) is software. I couldn't find any versatile options etc for patching and routing of the signal. So beware of that. Overall it should be a very good product.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:29 PM