Ohhh Where To Start?!
Rain
Jun 11 2008, 10:48 PM
GMC:er
<no one has replied in awhile so I think I'll clean / revamp the post a little and maybe attract more replies>

I've been practicing the lessons from the singing instructors and the one thing I'm unsure of is whether or not I'm singing in tune with them. I suppose it's because we all have different voices but can play the same note, but I often find myself questioning if I'm in the right pitch (I think pitch is the right word). Is there any good way to test to see if I'm playing a note correctly?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Rain: Jun 14 2008, 03:42 PM

--------------------
Galneryus [SYU / YUUTO-LEDA] - the GazettE - Sonic Syndicate - Versailles - Sadie - Takayoshi Ohmura - Steve Vai - MintJam - Sex Machineguns - Gentaro Satomura - CYCLE - Paul Gilbert - X Japan - Disturbed
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Jun 17 2008, 03:50 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Rain @ Jun 11 2008, 10:48 PM) *
<no one has replied in awhile so I think I'll clean / revamp the post a little and maybe attract more replies>

I've been practicing the lessons from the singing instructors and the one thing I'm unsure of is whether or not I'm singing in tune with them. I suppose it's because we all have different voices but can play the same note, but I often find myself questioning if I'm in the right pitch (I think pitch is the right word). Is there any good way to test to see if I'm playing a note correctly?

Hi Rain!

I'm sorry i'm answering to you late, but really i didn't see your post!... ok.. let me see...

there are two ways to know if you are singing in the correct pitch. The First one is to sing with help of a software, There's a lot of programs for that, so you can "SEE" if you are singing out of pitch... The second one, and more difficult, is to try to "HEAR", not to "see". That is the best way to train your musical ear.
The pitch of your notes is helped by a well developed upper resonance, but resonance alone cannot corret bad intonation. I think that singing out of pitch is an under developed pitch sense ( a poor musical ear). My advice is to develop a sense of precise pitch... Listen hard to the intonation of the instructors, hear the exact pitch of any note in your mind's ear before singing it, then you can check the pitch on your guitar or maybe in piano, if you can-
Another thing that maybe can help is to "FEEL"... this is not so strange... I have a lot of students that tell me that they feel a kind of "wave" of sound, and when I play a note in the Piano, they know when they're on pitch because they feel like a surfers, surfing that wave, so the sounds turns to ONE...

hope it help!

feel fee to ask more!

Luciana

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:24 PM