Facebook For Marketing Your Music
Todd Simpson
Apr 11 2014, 01:04 AM
GMC:er
Despite the fact that, like many users, I"m starting to resent facebook and their "pay to play" approach to forcing folks to pay to promote a post in order for anybody to see it, they remain atop of the social media ladder in many respects, for the moment.

The time is right for something to come along and replace it IMHO. It feels like MYSPACE did right before it collapsed. The younger demographic has jumped ship, bands are being forced out of the news feed unless they pay to promote posts, privacy is a joke and spam in the news feed is getting worse and worse.

Still despite all that, people spend more time on facebook each month than any other social network so if you are interested in getting the word out about your music, it's time to pick your battles and your posts and actually pay to promote certain posts.

disclaimer: not for folks who are really not quite ready to head down this route yet wink.gif Up to a certain point, this type of thing is semi pointless. Until you have something to promote, save the money.

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 11 2014, 08:29 AM
Instructor
It totally sucks Todd! But I can't imagine a better network right now - I mean I would love to see that someone pulls it off smile.gif Let's keep our fingers crossed. I am avoiding Facebook, as I found myself scrolling aimlessly a few times and that is NOT GOOD.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 11 2014, 09:52 AM
Need more info (again) smile.gif you're saying unless you don't pay, people who liked the page can't see posts?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Socky42
Apr 11 2014, 09:59 AM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 11 2014, 09:52 AM) *
Need more info (again) smile.gif you're saying unless you don't pay, people who liked the page can't see posts?

Facebook will 'test the waters' with your post and show it to 100 out of 1000 people that like your page. If some of those 100 people like, comment, share etc. they'll show it to more people for free.

If you pay, they'll show it till your money runs out.

Then there's this whole thing with official 'fake' facebook likes... laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 11 2014, 10:35 AM
It's a HUGE TIME SUCK!!!! And can KILL Your creative time with ZERO OUTCOME if you are not very very very careful.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 11 2014, 03:29 AM) *
It totally sucks Todd! But I can't imagine a better network right now - I mean I would love to see that someone pulls it off smile.gif Let's keep our fingers crossed. I am avoiding Facebook, as I found myself scrolling aimlessly a few times and that is NOT GOOD.

More FAKE than not sadly as they have to show you your money is worth spending!!

They KNOW many "likes" are fake as it's just part of the biz plan. After all, if you paid and didn't get views/likes would you pay again? Probably not. This results in ZOMBIE LIKES where pages might have lots of like but LITTLE OR NOT REACTION from actual people on posts.

QUOTE (Socky42 @ Apr 11 2014, 04:59 AM) *
Facebook will 'test the waters' with your post and show it to 100 out of 1000 people that like your page. If some of those 100 people like, comment, share etc. they'll show it to more people for free.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2014, 02:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Apr 11 2014, 05:59 AM) *

I remember that we organized a bands competition where the prize was opening for Cirse. We uploaded photos of each band and people had to like them. Everything was normal, but suddenly one of the band started to get lots and lots of likes, and they were all from Asian and African countries. They must have bought the likes. Totally fake. mad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 12 2014, 10:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 11 2014, 09:35 AM) *
It's a HUGE TIME SUCK!!!! And can KILL Your creative time with ZERO OUTCOME if you are not very very very careful.

Oh trust me, I've noticed smile.gif I am keeping my zanshin on the watch 24/7 so that I won't be caught wasting time again. It's incredibly stupid to do that, but it happened, I admit it..

Now, I think I have asked this question, but I will also ask it here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=51831

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:40 AM