I Dond Know What Is Going On?
Nemanja Filipovi...
May 9 2008, 08:52 AM
Singing Instructor
Since I got the new sound card,and some new equipment,all I haw is problems.This mornig I could not star the computer for half an hour,It could only be drivers for E mu(sound card).
Uh,I am thinking of re install the windows,but I dont want to do that.
Any suggestions?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 9 2008, 08:53 AM
GMC:er
Do you have Vista? There might be a compatability issue.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: May 9 2008, 09:03 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 9 2008, 09:04 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
If any peripheral is internal. Make sure they are properly inserted into their slots.

I had a soundcard once that must have vibrarted out of it's slot and when that happened the computer died and couldn't be started. But when the soundcard was reinserted it worked again.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
May 9 2008, 09:49 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
What do you mean by wouldn't start Nemanja? Not start at all (ie attempts to powerup but can't, fans don't spin etc), starts but can't get through the DMI verification, starts and gives a POST warning, starts and goes to Windows blue screen, starts and stalls on Windows load etc? Many startup problems aren't Windows related - albeit that many are smile.gif - and won't be corrected by a reinstall.

Hardware issues tend to happen when you install/change cards like Micke says and can cause a start fail if the card isn't seated. There are however a host of others but check that the cards (and ram etc) are seated properly as sometimes they can pop out a bit.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 9 2008, 12:51 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Do you have or have you ever had a soundblaster soundcard in that PC? I rememeber when I got my card there were warngins about incompatibilities between the two ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
USAMAN
May 9 2008, 03:35 PM
GMC:er
From personal experience...its probably the sound card conflicting with something.
Remove card.

1.Update Bios for motherboard
2.Update chipset drivers.
3. Disable onboard sound
4. Uninstall creative labs drivers.
5. Cross your fingers.
6. Smash computer with big rock

I had issues with the chip set in my mobo and the xfi card from creative. Never did get it to work. Asus blamed it on creative / Creative blamed it on Nvidia and Nvidia blamed it on both.

Good luck man!

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 02:28 AM