6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Discussion : Gmc Endorsement/validation Program
UncleSkillet
Jan 24 2009, 03:17 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Canis @ Jan 23 2009, 05:18 PM) *
This is brilliant! As long as we stay polite and don't rub titles in other peoples faces in the unfriendly manner (as I guess there will be some good natured, friendly teasing tongue.gif)
As if becoming a badass guitarist wasn't enough motivation, this will absolutely make it even more fun to learn lessons ^^

A suggestion for the name could be "The Stairway".. As inspired from the Rock and Roll History Museum's "Guitarway to Heaven" (atleast the Pick of Destiny version of it), which is inspired from Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven? ^^

By the way, I like your system, David ^^

Canis I really like your suggestion for a name but I think we need to maybe stay away from religious thoughts as it may offend some of are brothers and sister around the world that come here.

This is just "Guitar Hero" with a real guitar and real playing. So why don't we just call it what it is and that's "GMC Hero!"
Well that's my 2 cents laugh.gif biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Jan 24 2009, 03:20 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jan 24 2009, 04:07 AM
Instructor
This all sounds great.
I will definitely keep an eye on this thread and future related ones wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Jan 24 2009, 04:12 AM
GMC:er
Cool idea, makes you wanna practice more to upgrade your rank... I like it wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kahall
Jan 24 2009, 06:10 AM
Learning Roadie
Another great idea. I have been working on my camera and recording disasters. What a pain it is to record yourself. I had no idea who much work it is for the instructors who make all the vids. Hopefully it will get easier for me. So yeah I might have time to participate.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Mandos
Jan 24 2009, 07:08 AM
This is a brilliant idea. I agree that posting a video in your practice agenda is a good way to get it graded. We just need to find a good way to grade them. I think that a board of instructors would be the best way.

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Jan 24 2009, 07:31 AM
Instructor
I think this is a great idea!!! biggrin.gif

The only thing that I didn't read about is regarding the styles...
Because one thing is to become a Guitar God of Metal that Lian could be the one who's judging that maybe but another very different is to become a Guitar God of Classical Guitar.
So we can make like a program were you have to achive a certain level of different styles let's say:

-Reach level 5 in classical guitar
-Reach level 4 in fusion guitar
-Reach level 6 in metal guitar

But in order to get the diploma you master in a specific style like...Rock.
So you have to achive level 10 in that style but you also know other styles and the judges in that style make the decitions. That would divide the job among the instructors too, and give a common background to the student of different styles in order to be "more professional" you might say.
It's just an idea...

I think this could be another topic to talk about (maybe there is a topic related to that and I missed, sorry if it already been talked).

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
vampire14
Jan 24 2009, 10:34 AM
a great idea indeed but it has a couple of issues
first of all there are only 2 lvl 10 lessons. if you do like 3 other lessons you would never be able to make up for that

This post has been edited by vampire14: Jan 24 2009, 10:53 AM

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jan 24 2009, 11:03 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jan 23 2009, 09:22 PM) *
What about you post your take of a lesson with a poll. Only instructors can vote. You have a uniform ranking of your take from like 1 to 5
5 perfect
4 excellent
3 average
2 you need to work harder on it
1 unsatisfactory

this way it isnt bound to any particular instructor - they can vote as they will you know what I mean?

The idea is nice, but we GMCers are so nice, no one will ever rate a number 1 or 2 tongue.gif

Andrew, nice idea! My pice of engineering tongue.gif
1-2: GuitarZero
3-4: Guitarist
5-6: BedroomRocker
7-8: GuitarMaster
9-10: GuitarHero

and for the number of lessons:
1-2: Experimenting
3-4: Strong Based
5-6: Multi Talented
7-8: Badass (From Canis)
Level>8: Next Level

Something like that tongue.gif Cool work guys! I really want to be a multi talented Bedroom Rocker smile.gif

BTW, I think a MP3 without BT should be enough, otherwise only ten people will really participate tongue.gif

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: Jan 24 2009, 11:08 AM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 24 2009, 11:44 AM
Instructor
This is a more than a great initiative for GMC, as I mentioned before. Can't wait to see how it turns out! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jan 24 2009, 11:44 AM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jan 24 2009, 11:51 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I just thought of something, what if someone plays different levels, like 4 and 5 or even 3,4 and 5?

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jan 24 2009, 12:31 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Heh.. this idea was actually posted by me like a year ago and I got said that there wont be enough instructors to apply this system:) https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...=jakub+luptovec

Anyway I 1000000% support it and agree with those titles - they are the right encouragement IMO smile.gif The only thing I would change would be the number of lessons 80-100 is faaaar to much. I would put it like:

1-5 Beginning (shredder...)
6-15 Experienced (player..)
15-25 Accomplished (guitar hero...)
25-50 Wise (player...) (he knows a lot of lessons - licks, scales etc...)
50+ Omniscient (guitar god)

And when he will manage to do 50 + with highest rating (guitar god), he would make some kind of exam to be allowed to choose the ultimate title for ex.:

Son of Steve Vai
Son of Michael Romeo
Son of Joe Satriani
Son of Yngwie J. Malmsteen
etc. etc. etc.
(or daughter ofc..)

Btw. those lvls will be determined by percentage of total amount of lessons (say 20%+) with highest rating.

In work:
20 lessons total,

10 on diff 3
5 on 4
4 on 6
1 on 7

he would have been Accomplished shredder - highest 20 % are 4 on lvl 6, so that would count.

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Jan 24 2009, 12:35 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
utak3r
Jan 24 2009, 12:36 PM
Ha, what Ramiro said is good... about styles smile.gif

--------------------
Machines don't bleed that easily...
utak3r.pl

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 24 2009, 12:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Jan 24 2009, 01:31 PM) *
Heh.. this idea was actually posted by me like a year ago and I got said that there wont be enough instructors to apply this system:) https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...=jakub+luptovec

Anyway I 1000000% support it and agree with those titles - they are the right encouragement IMO smile.gif The only thing I would change would be the number of lessons 80-100 is faaaar to much. I would put it like:

1-5 Beginning (shredder...)
6-15 Experienced (player..)
15-25 Accomplished (guitar hero...)
25-50 Wise (player...) (he knows a lot of lessons - licks, scales etc...)
50+ Omniscient (guitar god)

And when he will manage to do 50 + with highest rating (guitar god), he would make some kind of exam to be allowed to choose the ultimate title for ex.:

Son of Steve Vai
Son of Michael Romeo
Son of Joe Satriani
Son of Yngwie J. Malmsteen
etc. etc. etc.
(or daughter ofc..)

Btw. those lvls will be determined by percentage of total amount of lessons (say 20%+) with highest rating.

In work:
20 lessons total,

10 on diff 3
5 on 4
4 on 6
1 on 7

he would have been Accomplished shredder - highest 20 % are 4 on lvl 6, so that would count.

Interesting ideas dude smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Col Roberts
Jan 24 2009, 01:05 PM
Learning Roadie
This is a great idea smile.gif .

I think the process of certifying a lesson as being successfully completed should just be done by a panel (of Seniors and Instructors), and judged only on the technical aspects eg. timing, correct notes etc. After all, if a submitted lesson is technically correct should it be rejected for a lack of "feeling", for example. If it lacks "feeling" that could just be a side comment from the panel.

Anyway, I'd love to see this get off the ground ASAP.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 24 2009, 05:55 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Keep the ideas coming guys - this is some incredible feedback and areas that we hadnt even thought of!

So far I like the points about lower lessons dragging your average down, pols for instructors to rate, some more complex ideas about rating different aspects of the lesson ... and of course some of the naming ideas smile.gif

We'll keep the ideas flowing for a while longer then we'll try and pick the best ideas and weave them into a program of epic proportions smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 24 2009, 07:42 PM
Instructor
Great thread and great response. I'll keep following this one.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
enforcer
Jan 24 2009, 09:20 PM
Hey there, I had a brainstrom last night, and I tried to develop some ideas about that...
We can use experience points to unify that dual ranking system as this.
We can classify lessons under 4 catagories like:
Difficulty 1-2-3 -> Beginner; 4-5-6 -> Intermediate; 7-8-9->Advanced; 10->Insane
You could find one ranking system by multiplying every step by 1000 and add it to a general sum like:
Beginner x 1 + Intermediate x 1000 + Advanced x1000000 + Insanex1000000000
That gives you a number like this as experience:
1,014 => this player has played 1 Intermediate Lesson and 14 beginner lessons
3,017,003 => this player succeeded in completing 3 Advanced lessons 17 intermediate lessons and 3 beginner lessons
9,120,050,002 => this lovely alien succeeded in completing 9 insane lessons 120 advanced lesson 50 Intermediate lesson and 2 beginner lessons.
Yeah 1000 successiful lessons from the level below makes a +1 to the upper class, but lets face it one who accomplished 1000 beginner lessons is possibly able to play 1 intermediate lesson biggrin.gif
So we can rank it like using this number like
Below 1000 -> Guitar Rookie
Between 1000 and 1000,000 -> (you name it)
Between 1000,000 and 1000,000,000 -> (you name it)
Above 1000,000,000 -> (you name it)
And also we have a problem here, as various difficulty lessons contain various techniques, you need another descriptor to imply that individuals capabilities. One can be excellent in A.P but may lack potential in Sweep picking or Legato runs. May Humble idea is to push in 7 descriptors like this:
Warrior, proficient with A.P, Tapping, Vibrato, Bends etc
Mage proficient with Legatos, Sweep Picking, Whammy etc
Rogue proficient with Hybrid Picking, Extreme Pentatonic Mastery, etc
Spellsinger, Warrior and Mage abilities
Illisionist, Rogue and Mage
Bard, Warrior and Rogue
Jack of All Trades, Warrior, Mage, Rogue
And also, one may also be ranked with everything he does in GMC, like uploads, collaborations etc...

Well hope you like this...

Can

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Canis
Jan 24 2009, 09:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (enforcer @ Jan 24 2009, 09:20 PM) *
Hey there, I had a brainstrom last night, and I tried to develop some ideas about that...

//snip//

And also, one may also be ranked with everything he does in GMC, like uploads, collaborations etc...
Well hope you like this...

That's so awesome, I have to hug you if we ever meet in person tongue.gif

The "everything done on GMC" is also awesome... It can make everyone really stand out and advertise a bit on what he/she are doing musically smile.gif

This post has been edited by Canis: Jan 24 2009, 09:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jer
Jan 24 2009, 09:35 PM
Awesome.

Esxcept I keep wanting the lowest level to be called "Roadie" for some reason....

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 24 2009, 11:46 PM
Instructor
I'm for more than 5 categories, so we can insert some cool names in there just to keep things a bit more fun. Here are couple of suggestions:

chord basher
bedroom shredder
apprentice player
roadie
rock star
tone seeker
tone master
tone guru
guitar hero
guitar lord
guitar god

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:02 PM