Video Streaming?
Azzaboi
Mar 25 2009, 07:41 AM
GMC:er
Hi, I'm Aaron, rather new here.
I been viewing the forum and some videos, really kewl stuff.

I just have a problem with the larger video streams, it seems to stop half-way thru but still download in the background? For example, the 'How To Use a Metronome - Video Lesson', been very helpful but would like to be able to get the rest! It says it's 50MB but about 50% thru the video pauses and won't resume, the internet still downloads more than 50MB while I wait till I give up.

Does it stop due to the size of my temporary internet files (my dad suggested) - it's set to 120MB?
Or the flash player Im using, I think its the latest version 10?
Is there a way to download videos first before viewing?

Maybe it's just my internet bandwidth - it's capped at the moment on slow nearly dialup speed till the next month now (limited use plan - 450K/sec max otherwise till you have used up the allowance). It's my dad's connection so I don't really have a say, shared thru wireless to my desktop computer. Next month isn't too far away.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 25 2009, 08:57 AM
Instructor
if I understand correctly your playline stops half way and won't go further but video continues to buffer. You can rewind it and press play again (do not refresh the page just move the play head back), maybe the 2nd time it will play all. It happens to me sometimes.

You mentiond "temporary internet files". Try setting it to more Mbytes and see what happens. If that's the reason then I believe Windows should say something "temp file full" or something similar.

About the metronome you just set tempo and tun it on. You should hear it when you click on it. It is not connected to a lesson, it is just there as stand allone thing to help you with practicing.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
29a
Mar 25 2009, 11:12 AM
I don't think that it is because of the temporary stuff. I've got mine set at 50mb. It's probably a problem with the wireless that closes the socket. If you don't already do so, try firefox maybe that helps.

Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Mar 25 2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the help -

I've tried the rewind it and press play again, but unfortunity it gets to around the same place and stops again.

You might be right about the wireless, my dad checked the router and it was too close to a wall / light switch which was could be interfering with it and cutting it out - low signal sometimes dropping below 40%. The internet may have been cutting out and auto-reconnecting cosing the prob. Moved it slightly and getting 55-56% now from the computer in my room, if that fails I'll try it on the main one.

I'll also try firefox instead - I have both browsers, I just didn't think firefox supported flash?

Got school shortly now, but will let you know how it goes later.

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 25 2009, 08:56 PM
Instructor
It sounds to me like your wireless router is loosing signal after a while and reconnecting. That might be stopping the further download and easy stream.

I have DSL router but connect to it via wireless network card in my computer ! When I watch videos on mega upload (videos over 200mbs) the very same thing happens to me ! Video might stop streaming and its simply because somewhere along the way internet got disconnected.

Honestly, the best way to connect is directly from your router. I would look into getting better internet if I was you.
On the bright size, Kristofer's videos are the only ones that are over 50mb's, so you should be all set to watch any other video on the site without connection brake outs !

Hope this experience was useful to you smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 26 2009, 01:56 AM
Instructor
At my place everything is wireless and no problem. This is a really strange behaviour and after all I don't know what to suggest. If none of these things work then I am sorry smile.gif Let us know if you fixed it and we might need the advice sometime, you never know smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Mar 26 2009, 08:14 AM
It works happy.gif

I installed Flash on Firefox and tried that rather than IE. Also improved the wireless signal I was getting by moving the wireless router away from the wall. It streams the entire movie this time, so it was either one or the other cosing the prob.

Thx again guys!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 26 2009, 02:14 PM
Instructor
Awesome !
Glad you got everything to work. It was probably up to your flash version and usage of Firefox. Have fun with lessons smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:00 AM