Ibanez Firebird '75 Pre Lawsuit
Pavlov
Nov 18 2008, 03:36 PM
GMC:er
I was looking on the Dutch version of ebay, when suddenly I came across this baby.

It was for sale for E450. It had a serial number (I7... something) and the old Ibanez headstock and everything. Is it worth it? I fell in love with it when I saw it, but I'm not able to travel the distance to play it. While he assured me it played great - better than Epiphone firebirds - is E450 a fair price? I'm a bit suspicious - after all, it is a copy.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Nov 18 2008, 11:25 PM
Dude if you dont buy that in the next day im going to! Im not joking haha. Buy it now. You won't find a better deal than that.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
Pavlov
Nov 19 2008, 09:29 AM
QUOTE (Marshmall0wz @ Nov 18 2008, 11:25 PM) *
Dude if you dont buy that in the next day im going to! Im not joking haha. Buy it now. You won't find a better deal than that.

I wish I did. When I did use the buyout, it was already sold. Now I'm sad.

Ah, well. Doesn't really seem suitable to a beginning guitarist anyway. (Cognitive dissonance!)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 19 2008, 02:10 PM
Instructor
That's a great guitar mate. I don't know the condition, the frets may be worn out, but it's a good deal in general.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Nov 20 2008, 01:35 AM
bummer man. That's reminds me. The firebird would be right up your ally. Look for a used Gibson Firebird Studio. They were discontinued this year but you can probably find em' for 850-1000$ US. I would much rather have a great firebird made by Ibanez than an epiphone or a mustang or jazzmaster, but too each their own

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Nov 20 2008, 01:54 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Pavlov @ Nov 19 2008, 03:29 AM) *
I wish I did. When I did use the buyout, it was already sold. Now I'm sad.

Ah, well. Doesn't really seem suitable to a beginning guitarist anyway. (Cognitive dissonance!)

aaah that sad. but i personnaly think that newer banez are cooler cool.gif

and it may may be a bit off topic, but i have the same nirvana t shirt as you on your avatar picture laugh.gif

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Nov 20 2008, 10:45 AM
Instructor
Guitar looks nice, and at the time the guitars had better quality than today, now it's all about hyper production smile.gif

I still have 1989 Ibanez EX360, it was one of the cheapest ibanez models at the time, but it's still better than a lot of present Ibanes models smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Nov 20 2008, 10:57 AM
QUOTE (Marshmall0wz @ Nov 20 2008, 12:35 AM) *
bummer man. That's reminds me. The firebird would be right up your ally. Look for a used Gibson Firebird Studio. They were discontinued this year but you can probably find em' for 850-1000$ US. I would much rather have a great firebird made by Ibanez than an epiphone or a mustang or jazzmaster, but too each their own

Well can you pass the Fender Mustang on to me. I'd rather have a legendary guitar that is cool than a pathetic Ibanez.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Nov 20 2008, 09:51 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Nov 20 2008, 04:57 AM) *
Well can you pass the Fender Mustang on to me. I'd rather have a legendary guitar that is cool than a pathetic Ibanez.

I wasn't talking about an Ibanez, I was talking bout a real Gibson firebird.

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post
Pavlov
Nov 20 2008, 10:24 PM
I have to admit, after playing one at my friends the Mustang is my first choice, but it's near impossible to get without driving to Germany for a good price. Firebird Studio's aren't sold very much for lower than E1200, which is way beyond my budget. So thanks, but I'm probably going to have to go for a generic mexican strat, a jaguar, a low end SG or an Epiphone of some sort. Shame, but much better than the horrible Squier I have now.

Apologies for this having been the second thread about the same subject (new guitar I'm looking for) I have opened. This one was supposed to be specifically about the Firebird copy which escaped my reach. I do really, really appreciate some of the advice I've been getting here.

It's a shame Jaguars look so ugly, but they seem like the most mainstream option I have for a guitar close to my liking. Maybe I'll end up with one of those. At least I can always get the body repainted.

This post has been edited by Pavlov: Nov 20 2008, 10:25 PM

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Nov 21 2008, 01:46 AM
Instructor
It's a shame you didnt get the Ibanez Firebird sad.gif

Jaguars does indeed look ugly! Never liked them and never will smile.gif
Epiphones arent bad. They are "cheap", but it doesnt always reflect the quality of the guitar. Atleast not the ones i've tried.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:30 PM