3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Your Favorite Moments In Gaming, Emotional, Awesome, and all that other good stuff
Ayen
Jan 15 2008, 09:08 PM
GMC:er
I've got to say, my favorite games are the ones that evoke a certain feeling, whether it be an "Oh cool!" feeling, or just bursting out in tears. My favorite moments are:

***!!SPOILERS!!******!!SPOILERS!!******!!SPOILERS!!******!!SPOILERS!!******!!SPOILERS!!***

1- The ending to FFX, when Tidus killed Jecht, and him and Auron went to the Farplane, I almost broke down. The entire moment just filled me with semi-happiness and depression.

2- Aeris's Death in FFVII. It was completely unexpected and something I've never had happen to me in a game (until that point). She was sorely missed, until she showed up later on smile.gif.

3- The first Colossi you take down in Shadow of the Colossus. The epic-ness of taking down something that huge as such a small person just makes you feel powerful.

4- When Alma grabs you near the end of F.E.A.R., I almost **** my pants.

5- Getting inspected by lowbies in World of Warcraft. It's just refereshing to think that your character looks cool to other people too smile.gif

What about you guys?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 15 2008, 09:11 PM
Sephiroth walking through the flames in Nibelheim if that is how you spell everything in Final Fantasy VII. Sephiroth is a legend.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ayen
Jan 15 2008, 09:12 PM
Ah, I agree 100%. That part was great too, and he had that expression on his face, proving his madness.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 15 2008, 10:29 PM
Halo 2 end.. Master Cheif saying Sir.. Finishing this fight.. lots of moments from halo 2 and 3.. the graphics are awe inspiring smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 15 2008, 10:37 PM
Instructor
The whole Zelda-Ocarina of Time game on the Nintendo 64, just so epic and beautiful game! smile.gif My favourite game of all time!

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Jan 15 2008, 10:39 PM
The ending conversations that occur after the credits roll in the MGS series (Metal Gear Solid)

and the ending sequence to MGS 2: Sons of Liberty especially

I'm talking about the conversation between Snake and Raiden and the codec conversation between the Colonel, Rose, and Raiden.

that whole game is really deep and very hard to understand, with all that commentary on what the meaning of life, and war is and all that jazz.

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
Robin
Jan 15 2008, 10:39 PM
1. Kicking ass in Counter Strike, specially in the wonderful old days when me and my friends had a clan and we played online amateur tournaments and stuff.

2. Kicking ass with my undead warrior in outdoor PvP.

3. Healing with my druid in EGI's. I hate it now though, it's just too much farming, waiting and "be online at this time blablbla".

4. Finally managing to get past difficult parts in Half Life 2 after lots of trying.

I don't play WoW anymore and I only play some CS public once in a while.

This post has been edited by Robin: Jan 15 2008, 10:45 PM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 16 2008, 12:29 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
In No Order.

01. Final Fantasy VII - The death of Aeris.
02. Final Fantasy VII - The ending, the scene of ruined midgar is awesome
03. Final Fantasy VIII - The ending, the whole thing about the past, present, and future folding onto itself was weird.
04. Final Fantasy IX - The ending, Where Zidane shows up for Garnet in the play, Beautiful ending.
05. Final Fantasy X - The ending again, same as Ayen said.
06. Half Life 2 - Ravenholm, and When the citadel falls, and when time stands still....Incredible.
07. Half Life 2: EP 1 - The entire game, just incredible, the story is breathtaking
08. Half Life 2: EP 2 - The ending where Alyx is sitting there holding her dad, Eli Vance, as he dies, amazing!
09. Metal Gear Solid - The death of Meryl
10. Metal Gear Solid 2: SOL - The whole thing, it was weird as hell, the patriots, Solidus snake, return of Ocelot, and the "La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo"
11. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - The death of The Boss, the whole ending brought tears to my eyes, when EVA left Snake the letter
12. Mass Effect - The entirety of it, the story was incredible, especially when you had to choose between 2 of your party members, one lives, one dies. and the incredible ending with the death of Soverign
13. The Legend Of Dragoon - The death of Lavitz, the black monster, and the ending.
14. F.E.A.R. - When Alma grabs you, i peed my pants and and punched the TV.
15. Assassins Creed - The ending, how it left you hanging on that high note, just awesome!
16. Call Of Duty 4 - Where you carry a wounded teammate to the chopper, and the bomb goes of before you escape, and you are left there, blood red skies, and an apocalyptic city before you....Epic.
17. Knights Of The Old Republic - The entire experience, and the ending was great
18. Knights Of The Old Republic 2: Sith Lords - The ending, where you get to slay the old hag!

Online:

01. Call Of Duty 4 - Knifed 21 people on Wetwork, didnt fire a single bullet, the first 15 kills i didnt even die.
02. Call Of Duty 4 - Our entire team was snipers in Overgrown, Yeah, the other team, not so good that day
03. Call Of Duty 4 - Both teams were snipers, first 4 minutes nobody moved, finally i saw a guy move, got a headshot, then you hear bolt actions and semi-auto sniper rifle fire everywhere, all hell broke loose
04. Call Of Duty 4 - Kill/ Death : 30/2

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Jan 16 2008, 01:00 AM

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 16 2008, 12:53 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Favourite moment was probably going through Scholomance and Stratholme for the first time in WoW, total adrenaline rush laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Robin
Jan 16 2008, 12:56 AM
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 16 2008, 12:53 AM) *
Favourite moment was probably going through Scholomance and Stratholme for the first time in WoW, total adrenaline rush laugh.gif

Those were the days.

This post has been edited by Robin: Jan 16 2008, 01:00 AM

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Jan 16 2008, 12:59 AM
Battlefield games online.

Any one who's played Battlefield 2 knows what I'm talking about. Every once in a while you'll just get these moments where you feel invincible because you just singlehandedly blew up a helocopter with 5 guys in it biggrin.gif Until the sniper shoots you in the head. sad.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Jan 16 2008, 01:01 AM
1. The ending in Killer 7. I'm not going to spoil anything though, play the game!
2. The entire Ocarina of time and Twilight Princess. Two amazing games biggrin.gif
3. This will sound weird, but when I got rank 13 in world of warcraft, I stayed up all night looking at my honor chart and my awesome looking pvp gear. Or maybe the first raid boss kill in World of Warcraft, it felt so epic somehow. (How Lucifron can feel epic is beying my imagination though..) tongue.gif

QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 16 2008, 12:53 AM) *

Oh yeah, that felt so cool for the first time biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Fsgdjv: Jan 16 2008, 01:01 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 16 2008, 01:10 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Jan 16 2008, 12:01 AM) *
Oh yeah, that felt so cool for the first time biggrin.gif

I dont play in a guild or anything , just a couple of other regular people I meet up with in there, none of us had been (b4 Burning Crusade Expansion) and we`d all been lvl 60`s for ages, we only play for a bit of fun and quite often dont play but just chat laugh.gif it was cool the first time, now we`ve been through it so many times helping lower lvls (coz we all 70`s now) the novelties worn off laugh.gif

frustrating moments in Wow? Being killed by someone 30+ lvls higher than you, why? dont quite get that to be honest, oh well it is PvP biggrin.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Robin
Jan 16 2008, 01:17 AM
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 16 2008, 01:10 AM) *
frustrating moments in Wow? Being killed by someone 30+ lvls higher than you, why? dont quite get that to be honest, oh well it is PvP biggrin.gif

It must be a thousand times more frustrating to get killed by someone that are lower level than you biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jan 16 2008, 01:29 AM
First time in MC.

I was the puller (I was a hunter) and I had so much adrenaline, then after the first boss drops I got my first epic. Was unbelievably happy. Another total rush when I found out that I could sell my account for real money. So I sold my account to some Vietnamese farmer guy!

And Mass effects, first day I got it, I was so engrossed in the story line, and (sadly) I almost felt as if I assumed the position of the main character.

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Jan 16 2008, 01:30 AM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Ayen
Jan 16 2008, 02:19 AM
Ahh I forgot Lavitz's death and that level in Call of Duty 4 with the nuke.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ctodd
Jan 16 2008, 02:43 AM
Ahh I forgot Lavitz's death

ya know i was gonna put something from legend of Dragoon, but i didnt think that was a very popular game so i didnt

I personally put that game on the same level as the final fantasy series (which is awesome)

--------------------
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Feb 5 2009, 03:41 AM) *
When you hear something that you really like, take guitar and kill the beast.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jan 16 2008, 03:09 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Its is a fantastic game, the 4 years they spent making it payed off! smile.gif

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jan 16 2008, 09:58 AM
Long time ago now but it was a "moment" first time completing MC in WoW with our small guild, back when MC was still the hardest instance. We had worked sooo hard for that.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 16 2008, 10:12 AM
I like Legend of Dragoon also

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:44 PM