Will Inside Picking Limit Speed Of This Phrase?
ElHombre
Mar 16 2020, 11:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hello

Learning Lindsey Stirling "The Arena" at the moment.
Got notes from Jason Richardson. Listen to the songs chorus.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----14-----------------------------------14----------------------------14-
----------16-----11-----------11--------------16-----11---------11---- => I play: DOWN DOWN UP DOWN UP DOWN
--------------------------14----------------------------------14----------

Now having 2 down strokes in a row should not be a problem since the first note on the 14th fret is not followed up quickly.

The question is if I will reach max speed with the inside picking 16--11 14-11 sequence

DOWN UP DOWN UP

Im at 75 % right now but it feels like outside picking would be better for this one

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2020, 07:07 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

I'm checking Jason's playing in this video and I think that he is combining picking with legato.

Can you mark the specific minute in which he plays this lick? I don't know the song but I can hear many similar ideas all over the chorus.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 16 2020, 08:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
as your tab is written I would start with a down on the 14th g string and strict alternate picking loops nicely , I would call that inside and would think unless you are paul gilbert I would think inside is easier ..for me

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 17 2020, 02:34 AM
GMC:er
In my experience the only thing that limits the max speed of a piece is how much practice you put in to it, not how you pick it. Paul Gilbert, for example, doesn't use econ picking. It's certainly not slowed him down smile.gif I love ECON picking. But that's just me. Can you give us a short video of you playing the bit you are talking about? It's all just talk until we see the rubber hit the road and see your hands on the guitar.

Todd

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:16 PM