2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Brian Johnson 1975, Can you spot something
Phil66
May 15 2021, 09:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
There is something in this video related to his current band wink.gif

https://youtu.be/3wkyZLePyPg

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
May 15 2021, 11:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 15 2021, 09:26 PM) *

\
where do you find these sexy things
Its funny how clean his voice is

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 16 2021, 12:00 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 15 2021, 11:26 AM) *

https://youtu.be/3wkyZLePyPg

A red SG

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 16 2021, 07:03 AM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 16 2021, 12:00 AM) *
A red SG

cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 16 2021, 07:24 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
It's a little strange hearing him sing like that but it's good. There were a couple moments where the raspiness came out just a little bit and I said to myself, ah ha, there he is! 😄

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 16 2021, 08:04 PM
I'm wondering if he's miming, something doesn't look right at 2:15 when he sings "But tell me maybe that's true".

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 16 2021, 08:05 PM
GMC:er
He bought me a Beer once!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 16 2021, 08:44 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 16 2021, 08:05 PM) *
He bought me a Beer once!!

Please elaborate.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 16 2021, 09:15 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 16 2021, 10:04 AM) *
I'm wondering if he's miming, something doesn't look right at 2:15 when he sings "But tell me maybe that's true".

Hmmm, I don't know but it looks like he is really singing to me. I could be wrong but I don't think faking it was a thing back in the 70's.

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 16 2021, 09:33 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 16 2021, 09:15 PM) *
Hmmm, I don't know but it looks like he is really singing to me. I could be wrong but I don't think faking it was a thing back in the 70's.

There was a program here called Top Of The Pops that started in the 60s and miming was pretty much compulsory, I think the miming was stopped in the early 90s. Over time, some artists made a complete mockery of the miming in protest, things like miming completely the wrong lyrics, swapping instruments whilst "playing" I think someone actually played bass with his shoe.

They said that miming had to be done because the band were promoting their single and wouldn't be able to sing it exactly like the recording.

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 17 2021, 05:11 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 17 2021, 03:16 AM
None of that's live. Check out the recorded version - it's exactly the same.
Cool tune. Nice to hear him sing that way.
Original single ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnB5fxzKc2g

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 17 2021, 04:55 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
🤣 I'm so disappointed! I didn't write a lot into it the first time that I listened to it but now I know why I thought something was wrong with the way the guitar player was fretting that little fill at :56 and again at 1:56. It's not the way that I fret that type of lick anyway. Maybe it's just another way to skin a cat. And they stop playing (faking) before the music stops at the end. What a let down. 😔 🤣
I feel like every live performance that I've seen on TV in my life was a LIE.

This post has been edited by AK Rich: May 17 2021, 05:07 AM

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 17 2021, 05:56 AM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 16 2021, 08:55 PM) *
I feel like every live performance that I've seen on TV in my life was a LIE.

Most were and still are.
No Santa Claus either.
Sorry man wink.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 17 2021, 08:01 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (klasaine @ May 16 2021, 07:56 PM) *
Most were and still are.
No Santa Claus either.
Sorry man wink.gif

Well kudos to those that refused to promote the lie. Or at least expose it. 🤟😎

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 17 2021, 08:44 AM
Some of them used to sing their hearts out even though they couldn't be heard, it did add an element of realism. Brian's lip sync is pretty good there and he looks like he is singing it, some of them were just mouthing the words even while they were breathing in and then you get the heroes making a total mockery.

I don't believe Ken about Santa Claus though, comes to my house every year without fail!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 17 2021, 11:13 AM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 16 2021, 08:44 PM) *
Please elaborate.

OK!
I was working in North Sheilds as a Shopfitter. I was lodging with my bosses parents, Brian and Elsie. One particular Sunday Brian and I decided to go to a pub called The Pheasant to see whatever band happened to be playing. It turned out to be a guy named Brendan Healy. We were thouroughly enjoying the band and having a drink and on a Table close to us were Tim Healey (Actor), Jimmy Nail, and some other local celebs. It was my round, so I went to the Bar ordered the drinks and was getting my money out but was told "It's OK, Brian got those."
I went back to our table and thanked Brian. He replied that he hadn't put the drinks in and pointed to where Tim, Jimmy etc were sitting and there was Brian Johnson. He'd bought a round for the entire Pub. Apparently he does this anytime he's home! I got to meet him briefly after the show and was able to thank him for the drink, to which he said 'Nae worries, young'in!!'
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 17 2021, 12:55 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ May 17 2021, 11:13 AM) *
OK!

Nice cool.gif

This the bloke? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendan_Healy_(comedian)

This post has been edited by Phil66: May 17 2021, 01:19 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
May 17 2021, 03:30 PM
Learning Roadie
I'm trying to work out if 1975 was quite early for a rock band to start flirting with a disco vibe.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
May 17 2021, 03:59 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 17 2021, 12:55 PM) *

Yeah, that sounds like him! Didn't know he'd died. That's sad. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 17 2021, 07:41 PM
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ May 17 2021, 07:30 AM) *
I'm trying to work out if 1975 was quite early for a rock band to start flirting with a disco vibe.

'75 is a little early.
"Hot Stuff" from the Stones 'black and blue' album was 1976.
Miss You (stones) and Do Ya Think I'm Sexy (rod stewart) are both from 1978.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:56 PM