2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Do We Have Any Pianists Here At Gmc?
mattacuk
Nov 7 2007, 04:43 AM
Lets go fishing!
I am really into classical music, and i wondered if as per the title, we have any pianists? The more i study musical theory the more i would like to play!!

Also do we have many fans of classical music in general? if so who are your favorite artists/composers?

Matt! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chast
Nov 7 2007, 04:46 AM
Learning Roadie
I think Marcus plays the piano smile.gif
He also has a video on youtube, just search for lavendell, you will find it fast.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 7 2007, 04:47 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (chast @ Nov 7 2007, 03:46 AM) *
I think Marcus plays the piano smile.gif
He also has a video on youtube, just search for lavendell, you will find it fast.

Awsome, i will check that out!!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 7 2007, 04:47 AM
GMC:er
I play, but i'm not that great yet I started not too long ago.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 7 2007, 04:49 AM
Lets go fishing!
That is very cool!! I think i am going to start haveing some lessons, it can only add to my musical skills!

edit: My word Marcus is awsome!!

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Nov 7 2007, 04:51 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 7 2007, 04:53 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 6 2007, 10:49 PM) *
That is very cool!! I think i am going to start haveing some lessons, it can only add to my musical skills!

edit: My word Marcus is awsome!!

It's really fun, and easy to understand when you play guitar also. I bought a book and started to teach myself though, no lessons for me.

It'd be sweet if we can get some piano lessons on here since we have singing and bass also.

+Quote Post
Animosity
Nov 7 2007, 04:55 AM
I read that piano is the oppsosite, in terms of learning, of guitar. It is supposedly easy in the beginning then gets harder and harder, well that is what I read somewhere. Whether that has any truth behind hit, no idea!

I would love to be able to play "Let It Be" by The Beatles. The piano part of course. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 7 2007, 04:57 AM
I've never heard that, but from what i've learned so far, it's easy stuff.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 7 2007, 04:58 AM
Lets go fishing!
I would like to be able to play stuff my Michael Nyman and Ludovici Einaudi !! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrimGuitarist
Nov 7 2007, 05:00 AM
I've been playing for 14 years now and I do a lot of classical piano and rock piano, I really think it's helped me since I've started playing guitar, and yes I love classical music, my favorite is easily beethoven and his stuff really is quite simple I also like mozart too

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 7 2007, 05:00 AM
I like pretty much anything piano, definitely classical, but rock piano also, like Van Halen.

Eddie is an awesome pianist also.

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Nov 7 2007, 05:28 AM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Nov 7 2007, 03:43 AM) *
I am really into classical music, and i wondered if as per the title, we have any pianists? The more i study musical theory the more i would like to play!!

Also do we have many fans of classical music in general? if so who are your favorite artists/composers?
Matt! smile.gif

I was sent to classical piano lessons as a kid. I made good progress, did a few formal exams, played a few recitals, etc. Stupidly I gave it up when I was about 14 and I've probably lost all my keyboard abilities a long time ago. It was great for learning music theory mind you, and some of that (at least) has remained with me to this day.

In terms of classical music, I'm a big fan of the Baroque era composers.

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Nov 7 2007, 05:35 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
My little girl has just started piano lessons Matt. I struggle to find middle C rolleyes.gif .

Personally I love classical music - favourite composers include Stravinsky, Britten, Cage, Messiaen, Lutoslowski, Ades. Nyman I enjoy when I'm in the right mood - if you like him though take a listen of Steve Reich and Philip Glass btw. Classical piano players - Argerich, Pires and Gould are just a few whom I really enjoy.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 7 2007, 05:35 AM
Moderation Policy Director
I can play piano pretty well in the key of C but struggle in any other key unsure.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Animosity
Nov 7 2007, 05:37 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 6 2007, 10:35 PM) *
I struggle to find middle C rolleyes.gif .

It's uh... the one in the middle? Hahaha, just kidding! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Can anyone verify if piano gets harder over time?

+Quote Post
dango
Nov 7 2007, 06:03 AM
I always wanted to play the piano. I was thinking to buy the silent piano, so I can play it at night. But another thing I am hesitate is, I don't have many time. I am enjoying playing the guitar every day and still so much to learn and need to practice harder. So I am questioning to myself , Do I have time to learn play the piano? But it is said that second instrument is help to learn another, isn't it? So, o I still don't know, should I start learning play the piano or not.

I don't know classic well, but my favourite pianist is Murray Perahia, and favourite music is 'Harmonious Blacksmith' by Geopre Frideric Handel. I like 'moonlight' by Beethoven, too.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 7 2007, 06:59 AM
Instructor
I was playing piano when i was around 10 years old - my mom is a piano teacher so it was no big deal to find a teacher biggrin.gif

Today being able to play some piano is helping me out in my work with composing.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 7 2007, 07:51 AM
I wonder if Kris will hire a piano teacher for the site?

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Nov 7 2007, 05:10 PM
Instructor
As mentioned - I play piano, a little bit smile.gif and my #1 favorite composer is Chopin. He made lots of emotional and beautiful slow music, but he also made some breathtaking "piano-shredding" stuff smile.gif. check him out!

-Marcus

QUOTE (Animosity @ Nov 7 2007, 05:37 AM) *
Can anyone verify if piano gets harder over time?

Well, I actually think it gets harder over time. But I guess that's mainly because you play more complicated stuff over time... smile.gif

One of the things i'm having trouble with is that once you hit a note on the piano - you can't do anything more with it, other than letting it go (as opposed to the guitar, where you can add vibrato, bends, harmonics, etc). So you have to play every note perfect, because once you've played it - you can't "correct it afterwards"...

This post has been edited by lavendell: Nov 7 2007, 05:11 PM

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 7 2007, 05:34 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Nov 7 2007, 04:35 AM) *
My little girl has just started piano lessons Matt. I struggle to find middle C rolleyes.gif .

Personally I love classical music - favourite composers include Stravinsky, Britten, Cage, Messiaen, Lutoslowski, Ades. Nyman I enjoy when I'm in the right mood - if you like him though take a listen of Steve Reich and Philip Glass btw. Classical piano players - Argerich, Pires and Gould are just a few whom I really enjoy.

Cheers,
Tony

I think that is very cool she is given the oppotunity of music lessons early on Tony!! a real gift, even if she doesnt yet know it smile.gif

I really love this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMQiXrk33_4

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 01:03 PM