> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 79 80 81 82 83 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Jun 11 2018, 10:04 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks for your understanding Gab. I kind of feel like I'm betraying you by being in Todds section so much.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jun 12 2018, 01:24 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 21 2018, 09:34 PM
Hello Gab,

Going to one of our favourite places for a few days until Sunday. speak when I get back.

P.S I'm fully planning on getting back into our work as soon as I've got the full set of the Quick Licks under my belt. I want to see how they help me if at all then I'll make some decisions about my direction. I know my ear is getting better, I've started to notice tonal differences using different picks, I never ever thought that would happen.

Cheers buddy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2018, 04:52 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Nice! Enjoy your journey! smile.gif

Yeah, you can get different tones depending on the place where you pick, as well as the type of pick that you are using.

Let's talk when you are back!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 12 2018, 09:01 PM
Hello Gab,

I hope you are doing okay after recent life challenges smile.gif

Sorry I didn't get back to you after our short break but life got in the way a little bit for me too then we had the World Cup and England did really well but we are now knocked out.
I was disruptive to my practise unfortunately.

I am back on track again now but we don't need to talk about my direction at the moment as we are going to the South Of France ( MENTON) next Friday.
I've decided I'm not going to change direction, I'm going to work on the SRV lesson (Did you manage to fix the GP5 file?), and the Let It Be solo ear transcription. I'll also be trying to complete Todds Quick Licks to get up to date with them.

Until I go on holiday, I'm going to work on Quick Licks and improvising just for fun. When I return from Menton, I'll be all keen and eager to get at it again.

Sorry for this low period of time Gab and I really hope you and you parents and Grandmother are doing okay adjusting to things.

Peace and love to you brother.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 14 2018, 06:13 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Great to hear from you!! Thanks for the update mate. I've also been enjoying the world cup, even with Argentina out of it very soon. I'll be watching the final match this Sunday.

I hope you have a great time in your journey mate! I'll get back to that SRV file to see what the problem was with it.

Cheers mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 19 2018, 09:22 PM
Thanks Gab,

You said about the SRV GP file "The guitar pro file has serious rhythm issues. The notes may be right but the rhythm is not even close."

We are flying out tomorrow so we can get back on track when I return. I've still had my fingers on the axe these past few weeks wink.gif

Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 24 2018, 03:19 PM
Instructor
Ok friend!! Thanks for the update. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 5 2018, 09:00 PM
Hello mate,

Well we got home late on Friday evening after a delay and hold ups on the motorway due to a crash. Yesterday (Saturday) morning my got a call from the care home saying that here father was being taken to hospital. We spent the day up there while he was assessed. Same things, hallucinations, delirium (caused by dehydration) etc but also a very bad chest and drooping on his face with slurred speech. They checked for a stroke and that was ok. Today my wife's sister took turns as we hadn't had chance to get anything done on Saturday to prepare for the week.

I think they should release him in the next day or to back into the care of the care home.

It seems every time we go on holiday we come back to something like this. Maybe it's because my wife goes to see him practically everyday and makes sure he has plenty of fluids while she is there and that he might not be getting enough when she isn't there.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted, did you get chance to look at the SRV GP5 file? I've recorded a quick video for Quick Licks tonight but need time to get into the SRV and the Beatles solo again.

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 6 2018, 05:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I'm so sorry about your family issues. I hope that everything goes well. Send my positive thoughts to your wife and her father.

I've fixed the GP, it was a nightmare because it was completely wrong. I have to re-do the whole thing. I hope that it helps now!

Attached File  srv_fix.gp5 ( 3.57K ) Number of downloads: 72

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 6 2018, 06:04 PM
Thank you so much for your positive thoughts Gab and for fixing the GP file. I wouldn't have mentioned it if I'd realised how much work it would take. Sorry.
I guess though if it was the first lesson that a new member picked it might give the wrong impression and put them off GMC.

Thanks again buddy.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 7 2018, 04:34 PM
Instructor
Yes! This always must be fixed! Thanks for notying mate.

The lesson will be fixed soon as well. Have a nice day! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 7 2018, 07:54 PM
Sent a PM Gab.

OK here is the efforts of tonight's practise. It's a very quick take, no backing, no click just rough playing of the first seven bars. I just wanted to give you something, anything, it's been so long buddy. Obviously there is a lot of work to do but any thoughts would be great.

Cheers

Phil

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/srv-vib-quick-take-first-7-bars

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 7 2018, 08:47 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 8 2018, 03:05 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil!

Great to see you back here!! smile.gif

The bends of this take are very close, but there is still some room to make the pitches more precise. I would dedicate some time every day to play the target note and then bend for each of those bends.

This is at an early stage yet, but then, you can put some more emphasis on vibrato, and energy (dynamics).

But don't worry too much. At this point, you need to get familiar with the licks so keep on playing and enjoying the lesson.

PS: I'll check your inbox!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 8 2018, 09:26 PM
Thanks Gab,

I think I concentrated too much on bars 1-8, now I'm struggling to link bar 9. That way doesn't work for me, I have to learn the whole piece slowly and then build speed from the beginning. Once I know the whole piece I can concentrate on getting speed up on each bar as I go along but if I haven't even looked at the next bar, I struggle with connecting them. I guess you train your fingers/mind to end the bar there and don't develop the connection fingering, if that makes sense.

Cheers buddy, really really really enjoying this one.

Phil smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Aug 8 2018, 09:29 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 9 2018, 02:58 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil,

Yes, that makes sense to me. You feel that it's better to learn the whole thing to have a more complete idea of the lesson and then polish details. It can definitely work in this way.

It's nice to know that you are enjoying the lesson. I'm sure that this one will have a good impact in your playing. Try to replicate the energy that the instructor gives to each lick / note.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 9 2018, 09:08 PM
Thanks Gab,

I now have the piece under my fingers at 60% speed, parts are scruffy, mainly bars 11 and 12 so I'm going to concentrate on those. before I speed up.

The tapping part doesn't sit well with me, I can do it but it just seems like an afterthought in the piece, it doesn't seem coherent. Obviously I've got to do it as it is the lesson.

I've worn my fingertips out tonight, I guess having two weeks out hasn't helped but C'est la vie eh?

Still loving this one, the should be a whole SRV package of lessons smile.gif

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 10 2018, 11:26 PM
Instructor
Hey Phil!! Great to know that you are working hard and enjoying this one!!

I can't wait to hear your new take mate.

Keep on the hard work!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 11 2018, 08:16 PM
Thanks Gab,

I'm doing my best with time, my wife's dad is still in hospital so I do what I can when I can. I tell you how much I'm enjoying it again, I walked into my man cave, saw my Strat leaning against my amp and got butterflies in my stomach thinking about playing it. It was like when you're a young bloke and you think about seeing your new girlfriend on the evening.
Immense enjoyment wink.gif

I told you I'd be back, I just gotta keep finding lessons like this one.

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 12 2018, 11:35 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! I'm really happy to know that you've found your path again. Enjoy it mate!! smile.gif

It's interesting to know that finding the right lessons is the key to stay motivated.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 13 2018, 10:09 PM
Thanks Gab

I have come to realise that, for me at least, I really need a lesson that I connect with, that is a challenge but feels achievable rather than having that "ill never get this" factor. Having something you'll really enjoy playing and keep playing is key for me.

This lesson is something I would play to someone asking me "so what can you play?"

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 79 80 81 82 83 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:29 AM