> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Petr's Thread, for Gab's Army
petr
Feb 22 2016, 11:14 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
for the Maiden lesson I spent some time playing the chords part as 16th notes on one string. So lets see if it is any better now
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/im20160221

For Orion im not sure if Im really muting too much or if it is just bad sound because of recording.
Here is another one with different equalizer setting
https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/orion20160220

Im using the emulated output from Blackstar HT5 so I can not apply any amp simulator in Cubase because i have already distorted sound. I will look at some option to use channel splitter or so to be able to record clean sound.

Thanks Petr

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by petr: Feb 22 2016, 11:17 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 23 2016, 02:05 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, both things are better but still need more work.

Maiden's lesson rhythm is better, you are not trying to play before the beat as you should but it's still not smooth and sometimes it's not at tempo. You need more practice and also to listen the original with more attention to get familiar with the rhythm.

Orion sound a bit better but you are still muting too much the double string parts. Check again the audio that I've shared and also check some how to play videos at youtube, it will really help.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
petr
Apr 23 2016, 08:43 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
I tried the follow the suggestions from you and the other instructors after my REC of Orion,
please can you check it here?

https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/orion20160423

Thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 25 2016, 05:16 AM
Instructor
Well, I think that this new take shows improvements on the different elements that we've marked previously. However, I still think that that you have room to improve those things, even the main riff which sounds a bit clearer but not as the original. Please keep on working on it, try to make the low strings triads sound stronger.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Jun 14 2016, 10:06 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,

I have been working on another lesson but it took me a while to be able to share at least something ...

https://soundcloud.com/petr-14/rhythm

Please can you check it?

Thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 15 2016, 04:19 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr, good! This is going on the right track. Please continue practising in order to polish the whole lesson since it will be very helpful for your playing.

The take has some timing issues here and there, some unwanted noises that also some chords and/or riff that aren't sounding clear. Some moments that need special attention are at 00:10, 00:20, 00:29 and the sliding power chords starting at 00:46.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Jul 15 2016, 06:13 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
I would be interested in the Personalized assignments, you can see Im slow with my progress but Im still here smile.gif

Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2016, 04:37 AM
Instructor
Hi Petr, ok! Let's talk about short and long term goals. What do you have in mind?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Jul 18 2016, 09:55 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
the long term goals - I would say to be able to play covers and improvise.
Short term - Learning all modes patterns.

Lessons:

Rhythm
- better take of https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...c-metal-rhythm/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metal-...ers-Megadeth-1/

Technique
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...ending-Workout/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...Legato-Tapping/

Soloing
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginner-Soloing-1/

Thanks Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 19 2016, 01:48 AM
Instructor
ASSIGNMENT #1:

Goals:

- Improving your bending technique.
- Incorporating bending into your phrasing.

TASK 1:

- Work on this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...ending-Workout/

TASK 2:

- Use THIS APPROACH to practice bending technique over the backing of Beginner Bending Workout.
- Improvise over the same backing, focusing mostly on bending.

Exam and deadline:

By July 30th you'll have to share 3 videos:

- A video playing beginner bending workout (4 coins)
- A video applying Ben's video approach over the backing track (2 coins)
- A video improvising over the backing focusing on bending technique (4 coins)

Each of this videos will be evaluated (check the coins value below). You need to get at least 7 coins to pass. If you pass, we can continue, if you don't you will have a second "call".

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Jul 19 2016, 08:19 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
thanks for that, sounds good

Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 20 2016, 04:09 PM
Instructor
Perfect! Keep me updated! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Jul 27 2016, 11:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
it looks that I wont be able to post much this week. The skin on my fingers really hurt from practicing it, mainly on the middle finger which does most of the long held bends (yes do use the other fingers for support). But I will keep going, just bit slower, I understand that the lesson has really useful patterns.
Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 28 2016, 08:08 PM
Instructor
Ok, this sounds reasonable. Intensive bending practice can be demanding for our fingers so this is normal. Let's extend the deadline some more days, ok?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Aug 1 2016, 10:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
thanks for the response. The skin is slowly getting harder so I could record at least something, not the entire lesson yet but I keep working on it. biggrin.gif

Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 2 2016, 07:05 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, this is promising. You are on the right track.

What do you think if we extend the deadline to august 12th?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Aug 8 2016, 10:50 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
I have seen you comments for my take in the REC, thanks for that.

Regarding the task
"- Use THIS APPROACH to practice bending technique over the backing of Beginner Bending Workout."

I was not sure how to do it over backing track, for now I uploaded the following video.

Im trying to do the improvisation but I have nothing worth posting yet ...

Petr

This post has been edited by petr: Aug 8 2016, 10:50 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 8 2016, 01:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr, this is on the right track. If you want to use a backing track you can do the same thing but using the scale of the backing. It's just to make it more entertained. Please keep this exercise in your diary practice (around 5/10 minutes).

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
petr
Aug 13 2016, 12:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gab,
I actually spent all my practice time on it, about hour a day. Here is another take...

Im still working on the improvisation, will try to post at least something later

Petr

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 14 2016, 03:11 PM
Instructor
Hi Petr! I'm having an issue with Youtube videos at the forum. Could you please past the direct link to that video here?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:50 PM