Toneport Ux2, what software is best to record
dutriche
Feb 11 2008, 01:23 AM
GMC:er
Hya Fellows

Ive finally gotten my Toneport UX2 from Line6
Id like you guys to tell me wich program your using to record.
The Program wich was sent with it doesnt allow to record more than one plugin so i cant record mic and guitar at the same time.

Any suggestions?

I dont have the money to buy me the full program upgrade about 400$ wich will allow me to use more than one plugin.

BR

Ben Dietrich

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 11 2008, 01:34 AM
Reaper is the most used I think on the board and you can find out about it more in the Recording forum. It is cheap I believe. I use Sonar but that costs more.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 11 2008, 01:43 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
It doesn't allow for simultaneous recording on two tracks ?? You have to either way setup sends (of tone port) to different channels...Its 1-2 for first channel and 3-4 for the other one... wink.gif As I remember you can record both in stereo on one track..Left being one and right the other.. wink.gif

I hear good things about Reaper , check it out.. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Feb 11 2008, 01:44 AM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
dutriche
Feb 11 2008, 01:58 AM
I will definetly check out reaper
I managed to record at least one sample in pretty goog quality now with the live lite 6 software from toneport
but one thing is buggin me
In all the other programs I used earlier i see actually a graphic wich is showing me basically what i am recording you know the thing the tonewaves and stuff
but not in live lite..
I sure its just a setting problem
anybody knows the solution?

+Quote Post
dutriche
Feb 11 2008, 02:00 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Feb 11 2008, 03:43 AM) *
It doesn't allow for simultaneous recording on two tracks ?? You have to either way setup sends (of tone port) to different channels...Its 1-2 for first channel and 3-4 for the other one... wink.gif As I remember you can record both in stereo on one track..Left being one and right the other.. wink.gif

I hear good things about Reaper , check it out.. wink.gif

I will try that i saw that 1-2 3-4 thing somewere.
i dont need to use the plugins..
i can simply start gear box and record...

but still
I think i will need loads of time till i understand that live lite stuff

+Quote Post
dutriche
Feb 11 2008, 02:17 AM
Reaper definetly is User friendly smile.gif at least for Noobs like me..

and even though im still usign very old computer headphones im goin to buy me decent headphones tomorrow..
I like the sound of toneport
I even found an NIN Microphone setting
Im in heaven smile.gif)
expect to hear from me soon tongue.gif
not in a lession and not with outstanding guitarwork but with a nice piece of music and a good voice smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Feb 11 2008, 02:26 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Congrats on your new UX2! smile.gif Look forward to hearing some stuff. All the guys here say Reaper is great to get started with so that is what I'm going to use as well. I'll be getting my GX or UX1 (haven't decided which) probably the first week of March. See you around.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 11 2008, 03:25 AM
Instructor
Congrats on UX2 man. Try Reaper for starters it is free and decent enough. smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:38 PM