Practice - Extrapolation Works!
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 26 2012, 07:44 PM
Instructor
Guys, last evening was very important to me, as I had my first Kenjutsu/ Iaido training session (Yes, Ben, I DID IT, FINALLY! biggrin.gif)

The Sensei is a very cool guy, who has been training with a very respected Japanese master swordsman - I might be mistaken, but out of what I have understood, the old dude is a direct descendant of the Musashi school of swordsmanship. So far, so good!

All I did for one hour and a half was learning stances, pacing, the correct grip of the sword and two types of swings. I didn't think it would've been that tiresome, but after the training I realized that my back and my feet were killing me.

There are so many details in this art, it's just like practicing guitar smile.gif

The way you hold the pick - The way you hold the sword
The way you pick - The way you swing

And I am certain that the more I will get into it, I will be able to make analogies and learn easier, just because I can relate to what I know from playing the guitar! It feels wonderful and it doesn't make me feel so silly for not practicing any other sort of martial arts before tongue.gif

Just wanted to share my happiness with you guys!

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:19 PM