4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Ultra Difficult Stuff :o
Smikey2006
Apr 23 2008, 08:31 PM
GMC:er
erm try fake picking by muris.. its crazy....also john petrucci does a technique where rather then sweeping arpeggios he alternate picks them at mach 17364237... its a real cool technique.. ill post the video when i find it..

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 23 2008, 08:35 PM
removed

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 10:00 PM

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Apr 23 2008, 08:39 PM
Learning Tone Master
Ultra difficult? Stand up and play all again while having your guitar strapped at poser-stage hight, then we talk again^^

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 23 2008, 08:41 PM
removed

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 23 2008, 08:45 PM
QUOTE (chast @ Apr 23 2008, 07:51 AM) *
The whole time you are talking about looking at tabs, why don't you try to play some not so difficult stuff by ear ?
It's really helpful, because you train your ear and you also train the thing that Iluha mentioned above if you really want to nail the tone of the song.

ya, i completely agree with that, i do that sometimes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Siggum
Apr 23 2008, 08:48 PM
Play muris Extreme Neoclassical backwards in 3/4 at 500 BPM ...GO!

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 23 2008, 08:53 PM
removed

+Quote Post
Batista
Apr 23 2008, 09:06 PM
Speaking of the Extreme Neo-classical lesson. I was at a audition today, and the dude before me in the line played that lesson, he is 15 and had played for three years. Man that rocked my socks off! It was awesome to hear it live! It's so extremely impressive because of the speed. He didn't play it as clean as Muris, but he still did pretty good!

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 23 2008, 09:11 PM
removed

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 10:01 PM

+Quote Post
seagull
Apr 23 2008, 09:29 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Apr 23 2008, 10:11 PM) *
Cool I'm also 15 biggrin.gif,
I wish I would know him, I don't know any other really motivated guitarist irl sad.gif

I'm not accusing you of lying, but eh.... I seriously doubt that you can play Muris' neoclassical lesson up tempo tight. You need to prove such allegations.. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
SinoMan
Apr 23 2008, 09:31 PM
Dude, I know a technique that will keep you busy for months and months to come, and will get you world famous if you master it.

Is it true that you broke your high E string when recording the solo in "Master of Puppets" when you hit that crazy high note toward the end?
-John Mulder

I didn't break the E string; I accidentally pulled the string down and off the fretboard. I actually fretted the string on my bridge pickup, creating a 27th or 32nd fret or whatever it is. It was just one of those happy accidents that was too cool to get rid of, and I've not been able to recreate it since.

'nuff said.

This post has been edited by SinoMan: Apr 23 2008, 09:32 PM

--------------------
I got a completely new $600 bass for $300. What a deal!

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Apr 23 2008, 09:39 PM
QUOTE (seagull @ Apr 23 2008, 12:29 PM) *
I'm not accusing you of lying, but eh.... I seriously doubt that you can play Muris' neoclassical lesson up tempo tight. You need to prove such allegations.. tongue.gif

+1

Alot of talk, lets see some of your playing and then we will be able to "judge" what is best for you to learn smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Sentenced
Apr 23 2008, 09:58 PM
Learning Roadie
When i hear this stuff i feel like a piece of shit. I am playing guitar for 1 year and 5 Months now. I am doing much technique lessons, but i just dont get things to speed, not even close. And you mastered all these things in 1 year? How long did you played before? if all things you said are true you are one of the most talented guitar players.

Maybe you can play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APBx5-duyVk The Crusade by trivium. That should be quite easy for you.

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 24 2008, 09:36 AM
removed

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 10:02 PM

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Apr 24 2008, 11:54 AM
Alternate picking arpeggios at a swept speed, like the Glass Prison intro solo.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 24 2008, 12:16 PM
removed

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 10:03 PM

+Quote Post
Nathan333
Apr 24 2008, 12:20 PM
Well, If you're as good as that then you should just try putting all your techniques into use all the time. Once you do that you'll be able to pull off some super crazy solos! I'd love to hear a recording of you playing the neoclassical stuff tho biggrin.gif I'm also 15, but I'm still working out the 4/5 difficulty lessons, I picked up a guitar just under a year ago. I'd love to see someone my age playing that neoclassical lesson!

BTW are you completely up to date with the theory side of things as well? At the moment I really suck on that side of things dry.gif

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 24 2008, 12:25 PM
removed

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 10:02 PM

+Quote Post
Nathan333
Apr 24 2008, 12:31 PM
How I envy you!!! Cheers for the motivation tho smile.gif Bow long did it take you to learn to read notes and all that?

+Quote Post
Jad Diab
Apr 24 2008, 12:40 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)
i have a question, why are you looking to learn ULTRA difficult stuff, i think that what is cool about guitar isn't to shred at 500 bpm, cause when it becomes too fast, if you play a whole song with shred, most people won't like it (specially if it's not clean), what i like is to put fast runs from time to time but not all the time, i can't lesson to a song made by only shred !! i would suggest you to start composing music, it much more difficult than playing fast runs and once you'll "master" this technique well .... well then you're a rockstar

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:01 AM