Intermediate Bushido Task 2
Ben Higgins
Feb 1 2012, 10:59 AM
Instructor
Task 2 : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/beginn...-picking-etude/

Record and upload your take of this lesson by Wednesday 8th Feb.

As you may have guessed, picking is on the agenda. I got you guys to start working on hand synch / picking with your previous task and this time we're continuing that train and stepping it up a notch.

The patterns move around a lot so they will be a nice challenge but the whole thing is really musical so it should be very satisfying to play. Notice how he uses alternate picking for the whole thing, even those arpeggios wink.gif I want you to do the same, no cheating...

Tempo.. hopefully it doesn't need to be said again anymore that I'm totally happy with you recording your take at a lower tempo than the lesson. There's 2 main reasons why this makes sense..

1: You only have a week and you're only human
2: 'Intermediate' is a very broad range.. some of you will be closer to managing those tempos than others so it's only fair that your boundaries are pushed as individuals because you're all at different levels

Dig in and dig deep !! ph34r.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
JD_
Feb 1 2012, 11:37 AM
Learning Roadie
Excellent,,,,

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 1 2012, 11:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Feb 1 2012, 10:37 AM) *
Excellent,,,,

+Quote Post
JD_
Feb 1 2012, 11:51 AM
Learning Roadie
Somehow that really suits you Ben!

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 1 2012, 03:41 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Cool! This stuff is exactly what I need. This one will be challenging too but task 1 has prepared me (btw, almost got it smooth at full speed last night, still working on it).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 1 2012, 04:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Feb 1 2012, 02:41 PM) *
Cool! This stuff is exactly what I need. This one will be challenging too but task 1 has prepared me (btw, almost got it smooth at full speed last night, still working on it).

Good to hear it ! I look forward to hearing the takes, it's a really cool sounding piece smile.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Feb 1 2012, 05:58 PM
Tone Seeker
Wow at first this seemed really hard but half hour practice and I got it down in really slow speed.
But those sweeps...

...must obey...master...must practise

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 1 2012, 06:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (WeePee @ Feb 1 2012, 04:58 PM) *
Wow at first this seemed really hard but half hour practice and I got it down in really slow speed.
But those sweeps...

...must obey...master...must practise

You can do it young warrior... there is no room for weakness in this Temple ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 1 2012, 07:32 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Some german words I can't write here escaped my mouth when I saw it's a level 6 lesson.
Then I remembered one word from the Atlanta-guy...PRACTICE!

dd...our guess was wrong...

And just for fun, I'll throw in a random video as well. Listen to the lady towards the end laugh.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
dark dude
Feb 1 2012, 08:02 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 1 2012, 06:32 PM) *

I'd rather this than that, tbh laugh.gif

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 1 2012, 08:11 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (dark dude @ Feb 1 2012, 08:02 PM) *
I'd rather this than that, tbh laugh.gif

Same here, same here laugh.gif

Practiced this for 30 minutes now and got the first 5 patterns down, could even keep up with the slowest BT. But that last pattern is insane!...

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Feb 1 2012, 09:16 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 1 2012, 10:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 1 2012, 06:32 PM) *
Some german words I can't write here escaped my mouth when I saw it's a level 6 lesson.
Then I remembered one word from the Atlanta-guy...PRACTICE!

And just for fun, I'll throw in a random video as well. Listen to the lady towards the end laugh.gif

Hahaha... I've always remembered this exact part from The Simpsons ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
superize
Feb 2 2012, 04:23 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I have learned all the patterns and can almost play them at 70 bpm.

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
gregc1
Feb 2 2012, 04:48 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (superize @ Feb 2 2012, 03:23 PM) *
I have learned all the patterns and can almost play them at 70 bpm.

That's about where I am right now. Still having some difficulty with the final pattern (little finger to 16th fret to be exact) though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 2 2012, 05:01 PM
OK, my fingers just froze and tried to run away in anticipation of falling off!!!
ohmy.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 2 2012, 06:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 2 2012, 04:01 PM) *
OK, my fingers just froze and tried to run away in anticipation of falling off!!!
ohmy.gif

Teehee.. get a hot cup of tea and hold it for a while !! biggrin.gif It will get the warmth back into your hands and then there's no excuse for not being able to play.

I know. I'm too kind ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 2 2012, 08:40 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 2 2012, 05:58 PM) *
Teehee.. get a hot cup of tea and hold it for a while !! biggrin.gif It will get the warmth back into your hands and then there's no excuse for not being able to play.

I know. I'm too kind ph34r.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 2 2012, 08:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 2 2012, 07:40 PM) *

I love it !!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 3 2012, 10:37 AM
Learning Roadie
That last pattern put my fingers in knots.

This week will be hard I've got less free time to practice than last week and I have to try and nail the solo for Lincoln Brewster - Everlasting God for church Sunday morning

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Feb 3 2012, 11:35 AM
My subscription ended sad.gif
So no recordings from me for a while now, can't afford it at this time...
I'll be browsing the forums every now and then, to check how are you guys progressing

Cheers

-Teemu

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:50 AM