2 Pages V   1 2 >  
I'm Too Old To Be A Rock Star
purple hayes
Jun 15 2010, 05:07 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
I turned 40 last week. mellow.gif

This Sunday at church, our regular acoustic guitar player (probably in his 50's) was out, so they brought in someone new. New guy was probably in his early 20's.

After church service was over and we went to pick up our guitars, the new young guitar player was immediately surrounded by cute young girls that wanted to talk to him.

That never happens to us older guys. It anything, it's out wives telling us to hurry up and get our gear packed.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 15 2010, 05:31 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Great story mate. Who needs to be a rock star anyway!... Oh well... it's never too late laugh.gif hehe wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 15 2010, 05:37 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Its never to late. Show em who is the boss next time! smile.gif))

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 15 2010, 05:51 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
It's the same in my band. All the guys are older than 50 or even 60, and after and during a gig the young girls are just looking at the young rhythm guitar player...luckily that's me ph34r.gif
Seriously, I also think you're never too old to be a rock star...but I think you can't really expect 20 year old girls to admire a 40 year old rock star...except your name is Jon Bon Jovi. Try to impress girls your age or a little younger than you are, it works well for my bandmates.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 15 2010, 05:51 PM
Instructor
Funny story but I can see this being true smile.gif Maybe you need to hang more with younger guys ? tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jun 15 2010, 06:35 PM
Instructor
we human beings tend to look for good genes,

but we also like wisdom smile.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Fre
Jun 15 2010, 06:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great story indeed, but sorry for you.
But there are so many 'old' rock stars, for example Maiden.
They just rock your socks off! I have no doubt you can still be a rock star too!

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Jun 15 2010, 08:41 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Now, that's a thread Staffy will love for sure. biggrin.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Jun 15 2010, 09:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
I feel a funny coming... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jun 15 2010, 10:14 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Jun 15 2010, 09:41 PM) *
Now, that's a thread Staffy will love for sure. biggrin.gif

Wow! How could You guessed that Keil, R U a mind-reader or something??? laugh.gif
In fact I have a story from the last gig we did, a lady at age 65+ attended my former girlfriend and said:
"Who's that little ugly man over there playing ??? " She answered: "-Thats the father of my children!"
The lady then got embaressed and were apologizing to me the rest of the evening. But what really hurted me
was that she seems to be turned on by the bass-player instead. (see photo) I suddenly realized that I'm not able
to get any woman 10 years younger than myself, not even TWENTY years OLDER!!!! So what to do? I dont gonna give this up,
I will be a greater star than Jagger & Richards together, and then I will have girls twice as young as theirs as well as twice as
good-looking !!!!!

//Staffay

EDIT: Uploaded the photo in the right format....

Btw. here is how I looked on stage..... (I didnt know that I look THAT wild, Fred Flinta and I are look-a-likes!!! )

//Staffay

This post has been edited by Staffy: Jun 15 2010, 10:09 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Power_Arctica
Jun 15 2010, 10:42 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Jun 15 2010, 05:07 PM) *
wives telling us to hurry up and get our gear packed.

hahaha laugh.gif I imagine the wives screaming COME ON! HURRY UP!

Great pics Staffy wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Jun 15 2010, 11:26 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
But what really hurted me
was that she seems to be turned on by the bass-player instead.

Our bass player sound like Barry White when he talks. I wouldn't stand a chance against him. laugh.gif

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jun 15 2010, 11:52 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Jun 16 2010, 12:26 AM) *
Our bass player sound like Barry White when he talks. I wouldn't stand a chance against him. laugh.gif

Hahaaaaa !!! Mine has no voice that should be heard unless in the shower. I'm trying to keep him as far as possible from anything that looks like a mic. laugh.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jun 16 2010, 01:20 AM
Instructor
you are never too old to be a rockstar, now if you want the younger ladies you have to look like one, doesn't mather what age are you, look at steven tyler, slash, acdc all the old dogs wink.gif

edit: well slash is not old, but he's already mature, and he got a LOT attention wink.gif

This post has been edited by Adrian Figallo: Jun 16 2010, 01:21 AM

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jun 16 2010, 01:31 PM
Jazz Instructor
Well, music is music, fame is fame...
One has to set his priorities...

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 16 2010, 01:53 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Jun 16 2010, 02:31 PM) *
Well, music is music, fame is fame...
One has to set his priorities...

This is very true. Often two very different roads lead to each of them. There are many great studio musicians/artists etc out there that are not that famous and yet play/create awesome music.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 16 2010, 04:51 PM
The Dark Canuck
I don't know how to respond to this without putting my foot in my mouth so I'll just smile smile.gif laugh.gif

But I will say I don't think age matters when it comes to "Rock" As Fre pointed out Maiden is still going strong, Mick and company can still put on a great show even though they are social security age. It's all a state of mind and rock is forever young!!!

rok

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 16 2010, 05:00 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I have to slightly disagree somewhat, I am the same age as the replacement guitarist in this story - And I never got any girl because I could play guitar! laugh.gif

I think it depends what you play, learning Dream Theater and Necrophagist riffs got me no women in high school or in the years after for that matter! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Jun 16 2010, 05:06 PM
Learning Roadie
But if you where playn "More than word"s or "Wild World" .. you would have got all the women in highschool XD

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jun 16 2010, 05:25 PM
Instructor
any VH song would do the trick too smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:21 PM