Gpu Audio
Mertay
Apr 16 2021, 11:50 PM
GMC:er
https://www.braingines.com/?fbclid=IwAR0x6x...dXtM4qMjBFQ#top

Nothing released yet but this company is working on GPU powered plug-ins solution. If successful the advantages will be huge.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 17 2021, 12:08 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 16 2021, 11:50 PM) *
https://www.braingines.com/?fbclid=IwAR0x6x...dXtM4qMjBFQ#top

Nothing released yet but this company is working on GPU powered plug-ins solution. If successful the advantages will be huge.

A latency free world, I almost cried just thinking about it

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 17 2021, 01:00 AM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 16 2021, 11:08 PM) *
A latency free world, I almost cried just thinking about it

biggrin.gif

Firewire on pc was really good but thunderbolt killed it before getting more popular. Hopefully thunderbolt 4 will be adapted to pc's widely so latency won't be an issue anymore.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Apr 17 2021, 01:54 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Mertay @ Apr 17 2021, 01:00 AM) *
biggrin.gif

Firewire on pc was really good but thunderbolt killed it before getting more popular. Hopefully thunderbolt 4 will be adapted to pc's widely so latency won't be an issue anymore.

back when I was buying my new computer I7 500ssd 32 ram, surely this would be enough so I did not spend the extra hundred for a thunderbolt , been kicking my self ever since

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 17 2021, 06:07 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Apr 17 2021, 01:54 AM) *
back when I was buying my new computer I7 500ssd 32 ram, surely this would be enough so I did not spend the extra hundred for a thunderbolt , been kicking my self ever since

I find this really weird though and always have, as I'm running a by now quite old i7 6700k, 16 GB Ram recently upgraded to 32 and so on, and I've honestly never really struggled with latency, least of all when recording. I can usually go to 64 or 128 buffer size when using guitar plugins - or maybe lower if mic'ing up my amp, but I never needed that or tried it. I can usually run Superior Drummer 3, Trillian and Omnisphere meanwhile. At 128 the round trip latency is around 13ms (6 in, 7 out) and I don't think many would notice that.

It isn't untill I run A LOT of plugins and tracks that I start to get a bit of trouble, but in the mixing and mastering phase (with a lot more plugins) I just up the buffer size as high as it will go and I'm fine of course. My recent template I work with for the album I was working on has about 100 tracks and while I'm pushing my computer quite a bit, it's still going with it. It's mostly the CPU that's the problem.

Now, I'm not saying thunderbolt isn't better, just that I've never had the problem you mention.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Mertay
Apr 17 2021, 09:29 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 17 2021, 05:07 AM) *

It's only a problem once you get used to such low latency then go back to a lesser tech. laugh.gif

It's not about noticing the latency but a feel thing, as if the strings feel heavier to play. Now that I've been using USB for so long actually forgot how firewire was like but remember the comfort didn't arrive immediately.

PS; often the total latency is longer than what the DAW reports, to get an accurate number a sound source must be played back from DAW and recorded back to the computer.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:10 AM