Orange Dual Terror
JVM
Sep 2 2009, 10:54 PM
Learning Roadie
For those of you who like the tiny, Orange has made the Dual Terror. Check it out here! And if you haven't been to PGS before, its a great site for video reviews of a lot of gear (mostly pedals). Thoughts?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 2 2009, 10:58 PM
Instructor
This is a great head, I would definitely like to try it. Orange made great new line of amps and they are worth every penny.

PGS is awesome company as well, I love their videos, and watched almost all of them wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 2 2009, 10:59 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 2 2009, 05:58 PM) *
This is a great head, I would definitely like to try it. Orange made great new line of amps and they are worth every penny.

PGS is awesome company as well, I love their videos, and watched almost all of them wink.gif

Me too, Andy is a great player and reviewer, I've learned more than a few tricks just watching him (gear wise that is).

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 2 2009, 11:23 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (JVM @ Sep 2 2009, 11:54 PM) *
Thoughts?

Makes perfect sence as a pub gig amp smile.gif
Light to carry.

But the price difference between that and the Orange Rocker 30, which isn't a tincan *hihi*, isn't _that_ much.

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 2 2009, 11:31 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (MickeM @ Sep 2 2009, 06:23 PM) *
Makes perfect sence as a pub gig amp smile.gif
Light to carry.

But the price difference between that and the Orange Rocker 30, which isn't a tincan *hihi*, isn't _that_ much.

I'd call it a significant difference (looks like half again as much as the DT to me!) Also the dual terror seems to have more features, like the half power switch etc.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 3 2009, 11:33 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (JVM @ Sep 3 2009, 12:31 AM) *
I'd call it a significant difference (looks like half again as much as the DT to me!) Also the dual terror seems to have more features, like the half power switch etc.

Here in Sweden it's 6995 SEK for the DT and 8995 SEK for the Rocker 30 head. 28% up for the DT and in Germany it's even less, 26% up.

I was truly impressed with the Rocker 30, it sounds godlike. I wasn't impressed at all with the TT my friend had - I know, I'm one of few who wasn't sold on the TT.
I do appreciate the 30/15/7 watt feature of the DT but as far as I'm concerned it's not even in the same high division as the Rocker 30 even if the DT 30 fat channel would rock my socks off. All concidering the small difference in price and how much better the Rocker 30 sounds compared to the TT. I never heard the DT in action but since one channel is the TT I think I have a clue. wink.gif

If it's haft the price to the Rocker 30 in your country I agree it's justified. Which certainly sounds like a more fair pricing of the different models compared to over here.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 3 2009, 11:46 AM
GMC:er
DT is £449, cheapest I can find it here!
Rocker 30 Head is £649 or £729 for Combo!!

That's quite a difference!!
smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Sep 3 2009, 01:33 PM
Instructor
I would love an Orange Rockerverb or some other more high-end product of theirs.

This looks cool aswell though smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:46 AM