Found This On Youtube
enlo22
Jan 11 2013, 09:25 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
I found this video on youtube and I still can't seem to understand how people come up with these kind of things... like I understand the speed comes with time etc.. but the ideas is what i don't understand on how to build them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWYDL_MUPmM

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 11 2013, 11:30 AM
Instructor
Well, in the first part for instance, he just links two arpeggio shapes - pick two chords of your choice and find their arpeggios shapes spread over two octaves, play them using 16th notes, one shape ascending over two octaves and the other one descending over two octaves smile.gif We can try this sometime in the chat room if you'd like wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 12 2013, 08:53 AM
GMC:er
Sounds like a Becker run in the beginning for sure. That does not answer your question of course, but then again Cos already did answer that with the skill and precision of a finely tuned sports car, or a finely honed blade sharpened to perfection.

There is more musical theory and knowledge in Cosmin's beard then I could fit into my brain in my lifetime... LOL smile.gif

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 12 2013, 09:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 12 2013, 07:53 AM) *
Sounds like a Becker run in the beginning for sure. That does not answer your question of course, but then again Cos already did answer that with the skill and precision of a finely tuned sports car, or a finely honed blade sharpened to perfection.

There is more musical theory and knowledge in Cosmin's beard then I could fit into my brain in my lifetime... LOL smile.gif

Thank you man biggrin.gif The one with the blade surely soothed my samurai ego biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 12 2013, 07:10 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 12 2013, 08:54 AM) *
Thank you man biggrin.gif The one with the blade surely soothed my samurai ego biggrin.gif

Heh, I figured that would strike note so to speak... any time man. I try to give credit where it is due.... and it certainly is due. cool.gif

Just don't be shavin your beard with any samurai swords.. ohmy.gif Hear they can leave a nasty cut if you twitch wrong during the process...

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 12 2013, 10:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 12 2013, 06:10 PM) *
Heh, I figured that would strike note so to speak... any time man. I try to give credit where it is due.... and it certainly is due. cool.gif

Just don't be shavin your beard with any samurai swords.. ohmy.gif Hear they can leave a nasty cut if you twitch wrong during the process...

Thanks again man smile.gif Got a fellow kenjutsu practitioner who cut his finger when trying to draw the blade out of the saya (scabbard) - REALLY nasty cut.. My bear will be shaved traditionally, IF it will ever be shaved smile.gif

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 12 2013, 11:44 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 12 2013, 04:36 PM) *
Thanks again man smile.gif Got a fellow kenjutsu practitioner who cut his finger when trying to draw the blade out of the saya (scabbard) - REALLY nasty cut.. My bear will be shaved traditionally, IF it will ever be shaved smile.gif

Ouch, I assume he was drawing it quickly which would have made that worse...?

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 13 2013, 08:33 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 12 2013, 10:44 PM) *
Ouch, I assume he was drawing it quickly which would have made that worse...?

I think it's easier to cut yourself when putting it back in, rather than when drawing. You see, in order to execute the noto (putting it back into the scabbard) you need to grab the blade with your index and thumb and that's where the nasty stuff happens if you have a defective technique. Noto is to be practiced VERY slowly until you are able to be fluid and then work your way in speed - just like with the guitar smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:03 PM