6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >  
Blind Guardian
Danilo Capezzuto
Mar 16 2008, 08:20 PM
Instructor
It's so amazing to have here a pro musician like Marcus. You make some good music Marcus, keep on!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Mar 22 2008, 03:51 PM
GMC:er
Hey I have just started listening to Blind Guardian a few days ago by watching some of their videos on Youtube. The song "Mirror, Mirror," is really awesome, but I want to delve more into the band, can I get some album recommendations? I don't really like live albums, so a studio album recommendation would be great.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Mar 22 2008, 05:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Marcus Siepen @ Mar 7 2008, 07:16 PM) *
Hehe, don't worry, I also like Maiden, well, I love the first 4 albums, after that I kinda lost my interest in them since they changed too much in a direction that I just didn't like that much anymore, but well, they released The number of the beast and Killers, 2 of the best Metal albums of all times, they deserve respect for sure.

ah, I missed this conversation !! well, I lost also my interest in the last 4-5 years... but I love the Number of the Beast and the Somewhere in time albums smile.gif
Nowadays I like music more experimental huh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Harlequin
Mar 22 2008, 07:40 PM
QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Mar 22 2008, 03:51 PM) *
Hey I have just started listening to Blind Guardian a few days ago by watching some of their videos on Youtube. The song "Mirror, Mirror," is really awesome, but I want to delve more into the band, can I get some album recommendations? I don't really like live albums, so a studio album recommendation would be great.

Every album is something special and has really great songs, although you can recognize a development with every album. So the first albums sound different than the newer ones. Unfortunately you don't like live albums because the album "Live" contains many "popular" songs.

If I had to pick a studio album I would take Somewhere far beyond, Imaginations from the other Side or (or better "and" wink.gif ) Nightfall in middle earth.

This post has been edited by Harlequin: Mar 22 2008, 07:41 PM

--------------------
"'And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.'" - Terry Pratchett

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Mar 23 2008, 12:00 AM
QUOTE (Harlequin @ Mar 22 2008, 07:40 PM) *
Every album is something special and has really great songs, although you can recognize a development with every album. So the first albums sound different than the newer ones. Unfortunately you don't like live albums because the album "Live" contains many "popular" songs.

If I had to pick a studio album I would take Somewhere far beyond, Imaginations from the other Side or (or better "and" wink.gif ) Nightfall in middle earth.

I only care about "popular" songs if I am about to go see a band live a short amount of time and need to get up to date on what songs they will be playing at the concert, otherwise, I listen to every song on the album from the first to the end, usually in one sitting and really absorb it, then listen to it some more in the car for about a week, once I get acquianted with every song and pretty much know them note for note, word for word in my head, I go to the next album. Just how I like to listen to music lol. Thx for the recommendations though, I'll probably just get them all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
J.T.
Apr 2 2008, 12:22 PM
Definitly one of my favorite and most unique metal bands... I used to listen to Imaginations from the Other Side all the time... really killer tunes!!! The last album I bought from them was A Night At The Opera (...not so much into metal as I was before) so I haven't checked their latest record yet... and their live DVD is as great as everyone up here already said; perfect playing, amazing vocals and devoted crowd!
Still sad cause I haven't check them live when they were roaming in our city last year sad.gif

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jjt5150
my curent equipment:
PRS CE 24 guitar
H&K Switchblade head
H&K 4x12 WARP Cabinet
Morley Wah - Mark Tremonti model
+ Line6 POD XT

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Apr 2 2008, 12:48 PM
hey marcus, forgot to ask, when will we see a Vahalla lesson? wink.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Apr 2 2008, 06:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Danilo Capezzuto @ Mar 16 2008, 04:20 PM) *
It's so amazing to have here a pro musician like Marcus. You make some good music Marcus, keep on!

1 smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guillaume
Apr 26 2008, 11:55 AM
http://www.sg.hu/cikk.php?cid=59701

You're beautiful Marcus tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 27 2008, 10:24 AM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
That is Andre, not me tongue.gif But don't worry, I looked as stupid wink.gif

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com

+Quote Post
Guillaume
Apr 27 2008, 10:50 AM

We can see you on this one tongue.gif (Page 2 wink.gif)

This post has been edited by Guillaume: Apr 27 2008, 10:51 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Melodic Axeman
Apr 27 2008, 11:23 AM
omg hansi has lost much weight ! laugh.gif

marcus was it funny? looks very interesting ohmy.gif btw what's your rule in the game?

+Quote Post
Guillaume
Apr 27 2008, 12:31 PM
http://www.sacred2.com/en/partner/blind-guardian.html

wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 27 2008, 01:52 PM
Instructor
Interesting picture, it must have been awesome to do capturing smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 29 2008, 08:52 PM
NO WAY we would ever go on stage like this tongue.gif It was for sure interesting, but it is kinda weird if you have to pose to a playback with a stick in your hand instead of a guitar, but the guitar would have covered too many of those sensors that were attached to those suits. And about our part in the game, we will appear as NPC's, we will have a quest and if you fulfill this quest we will perform a song that we wrote for that game live on stage. Should be fun to unlock myself tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Apr 30 2008, 02:19 AM
so this has been contemplating in my head for quite a long time now. Do band members rock out or headbang to there own songs? Marcus, do you ever get in your car and just listen to a Blind Guardian album while driving or maybe the only time you listen to yourself play is during a live show.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Apr 30 2008, 01:28 PM
Actually I don't really listen to BG cd's, cause after spending an eternity on writing those songs, recording them in the studio, and then being on the road with them for 18 months, you don't really feel like listening to them at home wink.gif But yeah, I sometimes bang my head a bit and sing along... well, I song along in my car, when I am alone and nobody can hear me tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Apr 30 2008, 05:35 PM
Instructor
"Imaginations Through The Looking Glass" was one of the best dvd i saw in my whole life!
do you remember when the people dont stop to sing:

Valhalla - Deliverance
Why've you ever forgotten me

Valhalla - Deliverance

VAAAALLLLHALLLLAAAAA yeahhhh

what can i say..... AWESOME

my lessons

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 30 2008, 05:37 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Its an awsome DVD

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
May 1 2008, 05:38 PM
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Apr 30 2008, 06:35 PM) *
"Imaginations Through The Looking Glass" was one of the best dvd i saw in my whole life!
do you remember when the people dont stop to sing:

Valhalla - Deliverance

Valhalla - Deliverance

VAAAALLLLHALLLLAAAAA yeahhhh

what can i say..... AWESOME

I think I remember... wink.gif

my lessons

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:28 AM