Alexi Laiho Lesson?
tha_max
Jun 18 2007, 04:17 PM
GMC:er
Alex laiho is the lead guitar for the finnish metal band "Children of bodom' who influenced by many people like Zakk Wylde, yngwie malmsteen and many more. He has developed amazing skills over many techniques and some killer riffs, He's mastered things like artificial aharmonics and whammy bar play, to me and many more this guy ranks up there with people like malmsteen and paul gilbert.

here's a vid with some of the riffs/solos he can do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPBYIKQuJew

here he transcribed a vivaldi piece and plays it with an (now ex-)band member. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZspGWM-aWs...ted&search=
This is my favorite solo from him but played by some guy on youtube, be sure to check out the last bit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSfumFrtAU4
he has an amazing style and a lesson would be very cool if anyone knew him smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jun 18 2007, 07:42 PM
He's pretty good, so im in for it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 19 2007, 03:18 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Yeah, Laiho is far beyond most guitarists, another big influence for him was Steve Vai. Laiho's technique is Uncommonly good.

+Quote Post
Codyrg
Jun 22 2007, 10:40 AM
Bump because...well...Alexi is amazing smile.gif

Also, the Vivaldi piece is played with Roope Latvala, who is now a member of CoB.

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jan 4 2021, 02:00 PM
Learning Tone Master
RIP Alexi Laiho sad.gif

https://www.loudersound.com/news/children-o...pOTPIJyNwpoRPOc

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 4 2021, 04:53 PM
GMC Founder
May he rest in peace sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 4 2021, 05:02 PM
Instructor
Sad news!! He was very young! RIP Alexi.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 4 2021, 05:40 PM
Learning Tone Master
man.. looks like 2021 is just picking up where 20 left off

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:37 PM