4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Ufc 92, Skennington, Besip and FrankW who you picking!!
Praetorian
Dec 28 2008, 05:49 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
EVANS KNOCK OUT!!!

He KO'd Forrest!!!!!!!! In the third round...the round was ALL Evans!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Dec 28 2008, 05:49 AM

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Dec 28 2008, 05:49 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Griffin just got BRUTALLY GnP'd!!! Evans is the new Champ!!! Rashad is one bad dude for sure!!! Awesome event, not one decision!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Dec 28 2008, 05:53 AM
Griffin was DEFINITELY tapping out! He claimed he was "flailing...not tapping!" Bro...check the replay, you were tapping! Man, what a beatdown!!

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Dec 28 2008, 05:56 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Dec 28 2008, 05:53 AM) *
Griffin was DEFINITELY tapping out! He claimed he was "flailing...not tapping!" Bro...check the replay, you were tapping! Man, what a beatdown!!

He took THIRTEEN brutal shots before the ref stopped it!! Evans has skills but he showboats too much!! I really thought Griffin was gonna do it even though I picked Rashad. Griffin looked great the first 2 rounds.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Dec 28 2008, 05:59 AM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Dec 27 2008, 11:56 PM) *
He took THIRTEEN brutal shots before the ref stopped it!! Evans has skills but he showboats too much!! I really thought Griffin was gonna do it even though I picked Rashad. Griffin looked great the first 2 rounds.

Steve Mazzagatti is the worst ref I have ever seen. He lets fights go too long when someone is clearly out...he doesn't penalize when he should...he penalizes when he shouldn't...he is terrible.

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Dec 28 2008, 06:02 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Praetorian @ Dec 28 2008, 05:59 AM) *
Steve Mazzagatti is the worst ref I have ever seen. He lets fights go too long when someone is clearly out...he doesn't penalize when he should...he penalizes when he shouldn't...he is terrible.

Totally agree. Jackson took a couple of cheap shots on Silva when he was clearly out as well....

Overall it was a great event. Lots of action!!!

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 28 2008, 06:14 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Thanks guys for the play-by-play updates. I must say I was really pulling for Forest in this fight. Never forgetting about Rashad as as I think he is a good fighter, now I guess great, just always liked the way Forest has battled his way to the top.

As far as Mazzagatti, he is a bit out to lunch some times, but if big John is not available, I prefer him over Herb Dean. It's all a judgment call.

Thanks again guys! smile.gif

NOW, GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
FrankW
Dec 28 2008, 09:15 AM
GMC:er
It didn't go at all the way I thought it would. What the hell do I know? You guys know how it is, anybody can be taken out with one good shot to the jaw. I was also suprised that Mir won on his feet. Go figure. Now he'll have to face the beast again...good luck with that! Thanks for the updates, Praetorian and Icsdds.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Dec 28 2008, 12:19 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Awesome fights!!
Wow, some really unexpected endings there blink.gif

At least I got the Jackson - Silva fight right tongue.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Dec 28 2008, 07:48 PM
The Dark Canuck
Well I was 0-3 tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Very interesting PPV. We watched it last night at my house with about 15-20 friends.

Mir really impressed me I must say. I didn't really expect much from him to be honest but I was impressed at how he never jumped on Nog when he got him down, knowing he wasn't gonna KO him, very smart. Let him stand up and kept with the stand up game. And his boxing is much improved since before his accident... at least I thought anyways. He was very patient and Nog just didn't do anything.

Jackson, in my opinion, got lucky. That punch looked pretty blind to me and I don't think either fighter saw it coming. He looked a bit better then I thought he would but I still think he dodged a big bullet... great punch though Silva had no clue where he was after. Great punch but still lucky.

Griffin, man I don't know. To me all fight it's like he trouble breathing or something. Evans played the same game he did with Liddell and again it payed off. And I agree... Griffin was tapping not flayling. Evans made him eat a lot of leather. Not very happy with that result as I really do not like Evans... and that show boating after Griffin punched him in the face a few times was just uncalled for imo.

Now any predictions for St. Pierre - Penn....

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Dec 28 2008, 07:54 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
@ Rok:
I don't like Evans either, the way he carries himself is not my style..

Penn all the way biggrin.gif
How about you? smile.gif

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Dec 28 2008, 08:04 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I haven't liked Evans since he was on TUF, but there is no denying his skills. He has had some of the most BRUTAL KO's on tape. Salmon, Liddell, etc... I really thought Griffin was gonna wear him down... Mir and Nog really surprised me, I thought for sure that fight would end in a submission by somebody, very good gamplan from Mir. GSP is gonna beat Penn methinks..

+Quote Post
rokchik
Dec 28 2008, 08:08 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (audiopaal @ Dec 28 2008, 02:54 PM) *
@ Rok:
I don't like Evans either, the way he carries himself is not my style..

Penn all the way biggrin.gif
How about you? smile.gif

Yeah Evans is a little to big for his britches imo. Yes he's good but there are a lot of good fighters with a lot more respect out there. I really want someone to school him and knock him back a few pegs.

I just realized I never put in my prediction biggrin.gif

When they fought before, Penn beat up on Georges pretty good. There was no clear cut winner but Penn did have a bit of an edge I think. However they have both come along way from those days, and both have improved so much. St. Pierre seems to improve every fight and you know he's gonna be ready for Penn in this one. But Penn is gonna be ready too and he seems to have a little bit more to prove here. Tough call, and both are more then capable to beat each other up so I'm just gonna go with St. Pierre since he's one of my favourites. It's not going to be an easy fight for either guy, and it won't surprise me at all if it goes to another decision. It's gonna be a good one smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 28 2008, 08:12 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (rokchik @ Dec 28 2008, 01:48 PM) *
Now any predictions for St. Pierre - Penn....

I'm going with GSP. Although my record has not been great as of late. laugh.gif BJ looked really good against Sherk but I think GSP will be to elusive for him.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Dec 28 2008, 08:22 PM
GSP without a doubt. That guy isn't even human! Plus I hate BJ Penn. He is a punk when he is out in public.

--------------------
Ben

Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
inertia
Dec 30 2008, 01:49 AM
This event really shocked me...I think Big Nog and Silva have taken one too many beatings, especially Silva, he doesn't have a good chin anymore, starting when Mirko knocked him out.
Who knew Mir had good standup, I sure didn't, I think Herb could have let the fight go on a bit longer but either way, the better fighter one. 1 year ago the outcome would have been different, but Frank has really stepped and has gotten his act together mentally and has actually committed to training and dieting, good for him.
As for Rashad, I knew he would win. He has an iron chin, great cardio, and really heavy hands, his ground and pound is vicious. Concerning his showboating, it doesn't bother me because he backs it up, when forest clocked him and he did that little maneuver I jumped out of my chair haha, what a great fight, Forest was all class, but in the end Forrest has had some really lucky breaks IMO on his way to that title, getting a gift of a decision against a mentally unstable Rampage and fighting Shogun who fought with one leg and consequently no cardio and hasn't fought since due to surgeries on his knees.
I think Rashad will likely face Lyoto Machida next, and Machida is very elusive, i think Machida would take it by decision, a boring fight because most of machida's fights are pretty unexciting.

+Quote Post
besip
Dec 30 2008, 05:35 AM
Nice matches i'm was tip right just jackson ficht but the way how he put sleep a silva was nice
Mir was realy better like Nogiera
and Forrest was a litle unlucky but thats the game and i'm like the way how he took it cool.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:29 PM