22 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Phil66's Bootcamp, Glory Awaits!!
Todd Simpson
Feb 21 2020, 01:45 AM
GMC:er
I wish you the best of luck Phil!!! I didn't know it was your company! Well done there!
Todd
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 20 2020, 04:23 AM) *
I know Todd, I'm trying but it's 10000% unavoidable, mainly work related. When you own the company you can't get out of stuff wink.gif

Nothing bad just one of the workers in hospital (we only have 10 machine operators so it's a large percentage of the machining workforce), a £70k new machine coming so having to prep for that as 5 two ton machines have to be moved out of the way to get it in and then they have to be put back, levelled etc, then training for new machine and getting familiar with it during out of hours so to speak, so as not to encroach on other work that I need to get done in normal hours. BEFORE all that we need to do extra hours to cover the time we're going to lose.

I also signed up for Ben Higgins' 10 day intense speed accelerator course open to a limited amount of students over on Facebook. I may have to pull out of that as my first allegiance is with GMC. I'll see how it goes.

Sorry to bore you with details, hope you understand. Some days won't be affected some will be heavily affected wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 21 2020, 09:01 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Todd,

I didn't start it, it was started by my dad and two other blokes in the seventies, my dad and one of the others still work there, and the other bloke's son is a director along with me, my father is 82 and still working machines albeit just until lunch time then he goes home.

Cheers

Phil

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 21 2020, 06:28 PM
That's very cool. To be able to have a biz that is second generation. Also very cool that your pop still works the machines at 82! Even half a day is pretty darn amazing.
Todd

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 22 2020, 09:51 PM
BootCamp 11 take 1 up for scrutiny Sarge.

https://youtu.be/hx4INWauArE

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 23 2020, 04:08 AM
This is just flat out hard soldier. Your climbing the neck, the pattern keeps changing as you goand you've got to keep leading with the pinky!!! It's meant to stress the weakest parts of your playing but you have no problem with it! NICE! Let's Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

LOOPY: You may notice that I have you play licks often in a "Loop". I do this to stress test your hand and your endurance. This one is kind of a loop, but it keeps changing as you move. So it's way harder than playing the same pattern in a loops.

NON STOP TRAVERSE: As with a few others, this lick traverses strings and frets non stop. Partially to build endurance, partially to get your hands accustomed to playing long sequences of notes. This will serve you well when we start doing very long scale runs.

ARTICULATION: You are doing a very good job of articulating the pick with your thumb/first finger and avoiding the dreaded "Picking from the Elbow" keep that up!!
You've got this down pat Soldier!! You just...
LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 23 2020, 05:08 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 25 2020, 11:47 PM
Many thanks for all your hard work and here is the updated MISSION 12 BOOTCAMP Guitar Pro file/tab. I hope your work load isn't killing you these days!!! It's a very cool gig from the sound of it making race car bits!

Attached Image
Attached File  bootcamp12fix.gp5 ( 1.98K ) Number of downloads: 194

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 26 2020, 06:28 AM
Thanks buddy,

There's a new video for work coming very soon featuring yours truly. Work isn't killing me, it's stressful at the moment but I have the genes of a cockroach so I'll survive wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 28 2020, 10:01 PM
Bootcamp lesson 12 take 1 Sarge.

Too much right-hand movement, couldn't get the harmonics at all.

https://youtu.be/-5mnMGBhPfA

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2020, 10:28 PM
The harmonics are are just a flourish for fun. They are not required. It's tough to do all the movement and then hit a pinch harmonic on the fly. Eventually it will be second nature. Look at Zakk Wylde. He can't stop himself from adding a pinch in about every other bar smile.gif Let's Debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR

ALT PICK OF DESTINY: The first thing I'm looking for is solid Alternate Picking. Without good alt picking technique, this lick won't work. It's the kind of thing you just cant play with all downstrokes and have it work well. You Killed it!

TRAVERSAL OF FORTUNE: The Second thing I wanna see is solid fret traverse. Non stop fret traverse is required on this one. You gotta slide a bit to make this work and you slide quite well!!! SCORE!!

PINKY TIME: The PINKY RULES!! You need it on this one for sure. Good use of the pinky here! On the lower frets, Pinky Power is crucial to make this lick sound smooth once you get to the lower frets.

You KILLED it!!

You just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

Sarge

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 1 2020, 11:20 PM
Here is the new guitar pro for this Mission. Well done!!!! You can pick it any way you like.
Attached File  BOOTCAMP_MISSION_13.gp5 ( 2.58K ) Number of downloads: 165

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 7 2020, 04:42 PM
Hello Sarge,

You know there's always that one phone number you can't remember no matter how many times you recite it? Bootcamp 13 is that phone number laugh.gif I can play it but I HAVE TO look at the tab.

I WILL do it though Sarge.

This was just to let you know I haven't gone awol wink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 7 2020, 11:26 PM
You are past the first dozen Missions so here is where it gets a bit tricky. Each one is meant to stress test certain parts of your playing. In this case, part of what I want is to see if you can memorize long complex patterns. You can do it Soldier!!!!

Sarge

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 7 2020, 11:26 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 7 2020, 11:29 PM
I know I can do it, I have got much better at remembering sequences of late but this is a bastard laugh.gif

I WILL NOT GIVE IN SARGE.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 7 2020, 11:42 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 8 2020, 09:35 PM
Bootcamp 13 Part 1 (descending), take 1 progress report Sarge. It's that bar 7 that throws me every time, I'm still having to look at the TAB, it's like that one telephone number that you can't remember, I'm talking about the olden days when phones didn't have memories laugh.gif laugh.gif

https://youtu.be/i6aSN1U5FCg

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 8 2020, 11:55 PM

This is a very tricky lick soldier. It's my favorite way to run a scale though smile.gif Once you get it down you can apply this approach to any scale. I learned this technique long ago under the name "Scale Inversion" but other folks call it various things. Whatever one calls it, it is a finger twister for sure!! Your finger position is a pinch different that what I'm using in the vid but that's find if it works for you. About 16 seconds in, I think you lose the sequence just a bit but before that it's spot on.

I'd suggest breaking this down in to 2 chunks. High 3 strings and low 3 strings and then stitch those together once you have both. Otherwise, the two sections are so different in terms of fretting, that it can be very confusing. Not to worry though, with a few more runs you'll be doing quad picking on this both ascending and descending with no trouble!!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 8 2020, 04:35 PM) *
Bootcamp 13 Part 1 (descending), take 1 progress report Sarge. It's that bar 7 that throws me every time, I'm still having to look at the TAB, it's like that one telephone number that you can't remember, I'm talking about the olden days when phones didn't have memories laugh.gif laugh.gif

https://youtu.be/i6aSN1U5FCg

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 9 2020, 08:25 AM
Thanks Sarge,

I did play it with your fingering for a long time but yesterday I tried something else and it seemed to help. On the fourth bar, G string, when the 4th fret is followed by the 5th fret I used to play that with the index (4th fret) and the middle (5th fret) but yesterday I tried to slide from the 4th to 5th and it seemed like it didn't confuse my pinky as much.

The biggest hurdle for me is bar seven where you have to go back to the D string and play three notes in a row, that really throws me and has from day one.

Funny old thing the brain eh?

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2020, 01:53 AM
I hear ya!!! It might help to break it down even further in to 2 string chunks and then put those together. The way the minor scale it built, it requires some wonky fingering to play this. It's much easier to play this on a single string IMHO, but that's a different drill smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 9 2020, 03:25 AM) *
Thanks Sarge,

I did play it with your fingering for a long time but yesterday I tried something else and it seemed to help. On the fourth bar, G string, when the 4th fret is followed by the 5th fret I used to play that with the index (4th fret) and the middle (5th fret) but yesterday I tried to slide from the 4th to 5th and it seemed like it didn't confuse my pinky as much.

The biggest hurdle for me is bar seven where you have to go back to the D string and play three notes in a row, that really throws me and has from day one.

Funny old thing the brain eh?

Cheers

Phil

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 10 2020, 09:53 PM
Hello Sarge,

Well, I think I've got the descending part down okay, I didn't look at the TAB once. I've also nearly got the ascending part down. Once I've got that sorted I'll play them back to back at the same speed wink.gif

https://youtu.be/6vgGgSkBn_s

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 10 2020, 11:02 PM
Just a bit of bad news. I was watching this and thinking you may have misread the tab so I went back and looked and it's the tab for the ascending and descending together that is wrong. I went and fixed it. The scale goes down to the A on the E string. since it's an A minor Scale. I've fixed the tab and hope this helps. I think it was a tab you'd made for me which looked correct til I went through it note by note. It's what is making you play this a bit wrong. This should sort things out and hopefully make it easier to play smile.gif

Attached File  BOOTCAMP_MISSION_13_2.gp5 ( 2.58K ) Number of downloads: 199

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 11 2020, 12:10 PM
I'm so sorry buddy, I'll get something right one of these days mad.gif mad.gif

Back to the drawing board.

Cheers

UPDATE:

Take 3 of the descending section Sarge. I know I'm a little ahead of the beat.

https://youtu.be/kpNebsXcWsU

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 11 2020, 09:29 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:34 AM