Minor Harmonic Finished Comments
David Wallimann
Sep 15 2007, 01:58 AM
Instructor
I just finished putting your hamonic minor leads together. You guys did a good job and folowed the directions very well. There are some good things in there and I enjoyed listening your work.
I hope the advices will help you and direct you in yourt next practice sessions.

Thanks again guys for your effort!

Excellent collab once again!

MickeyM

I like the ideas you developped there. Nice melody and good rythm ideas. You followed the scale well and constructed a nice little theme. One thing I feel is missing though is conviction. You seem a little shy when you play. It's not necessarely a volume issue, but just the way you attack each note. It seems that you are not super confident when you play. You should be, because you did a real good job there. I would recommend practicing that theme and memorizing it and then work on the flow of the melody.

Exorcyze

I like the melancolic feel you gave to this one. Particulary in the rythm of your lead. A few bends are slightly out of tune. Not much, but enough to have room for improvement. That's what I would focus on, but other that that you did a pretty good job creating an interesting theme...

Nick325

Nick, some ideas are cool, but I think they are too spaced out.. I think if you can find a way to tie all these ideas together your leads will improve. Maybe work on some legato ideas to "link" the ideas you have together... Also keep working a bit on your bends. I think they could be more in tune.

Owen

I like the way you started your theme. Good sense of construction here. You have cool notes, now I think you should try to give them more soul. Work on playing these notes with different feels to them. Tie them together with legato, bend them, work on them and make them live more. I hope this makes sense...

SDMF75

Very interesting concept. I think the sound you picked really fits well with the feel of the scale. Your lead is more interesting rythmically than melodically, but that's great! It works very well. Some rythm sequence are slightly off and that's what I would keep working on. Work with a metronome. Good job though. Your lead reminded me a lot of the theme that's heard in Oceans 12 when the French thief explains how he managed to steal the super highly protected object.. You should listen to it.. :-)

KRMachine

I love the way you started your theme. Very cool! I think your leqad flows pretty well and is well constructed. Towards the end there's a little confusion.. Maybe you were runing out of ideas? Great job overall though. Only thing I would advice you to work on is rythm placement. Metronome is the key...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Minor_harmonic.mp3 ( 3.57MB ) Number of downloads: 170

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KRmachine
Sep 15 2007, 02:05 AM
GMC:er
Thanks for your comments! I know my end is a little quirky, but I improvised like 4-5 takes and kept the one that was best overall, the ones that had a good ending weren't very good in the beginning tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Sep 15 2007, 03:18 AM
Thanks for the feedback David! This one was quite challenging for me which is definitely good. It made me uncomfortable at the start which meant I was learning something from it. Can't wait for the next one!!

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
Owen
Sep 15 2007, 07:39 AM
I like the way you started your theme. Good sense of construction here. You have cool notes, now I think you should try to give them more soul. Work on playing these notes with different feels to them. Tie them together with legato, bend them, work on them and make them live more. I hope this makes sense...

Thank you!

Will try to incorporate some more legato and soul into my playing for next time then! smile.gif cool.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 15 2007, 07:54 AM
Instructor
Well done guys,another great collab!! cool.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
exorcyze
Sep 15 2007, 11:14 AM
Thank you for the feedback. I tried to work on practicing my bends after the last time - I think I'm getting closer and more accurate than I had been at least! =)

And I'm glad I communicated the feel I was going for. As always, I had a good time challenging myself with this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Sep 15 2007, 12:55 PM
awesome collab, i loved it! Awesome job everyone!!! this goes into my ipod for sure!!! smile.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:53 PM