Brilliant Weekend, Totally none guitar related.
Phil66
Sep 18 2016, 08:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Had a great weekend of racing and hospitality with Christian Iddon and the Tyco BMW British Superbike Team. Our man, Christain came in third which is brilliant after his bad spell in the middle of the season. He started the season with four podiums in the first four races then lady bad luck came knocking on his door so this 3rd place was a brilliant result as the top six contenders (unfortunately Christian didn't quite make the top six) are really racing hard in what is called the "Showdown" to compete for the overall title in the last few races.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 18 2016, 09:26 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 20 2016, 05:50 PM
Instructor
How can a weekend be great without a guitar? Just kidding wink.gif We all need some external entertaiment to refresh our minds smile.gif I'm not much into racing but I belive you had a great time smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 20 2016, 08:28 PM
It was awesome and the skills of these people are incredible. Much much more technical than meets the eye, changing foot position and arse position half way around a corner at over 160mph to alter the weight distribution on the tyres is a joy to watch. Like anything at that level, guitar included, there is much much more going on than meets the eye wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 27 2016, 12:47 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 27 2016, 10:54 AM
Instructor
I guess it's same with guitar. A lot of things are being missed unless you start to learn them on your own, and see how many details are critical for precise playing smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 28 2016, 04:16 PM
GMC:er
Watched the repeat of that last night Phil!! Looked like a great days Racing!!
I need to go and do another Track Day soon, myself!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 28 2016, 07:55 PM
I used to go as a lad with my dad, he used to tune Tony Rutter's (father of Michael) bikes. My dad's a bit of a guru with engines and we used to get into the factory Yamaha garage by request of the engineers. I used to get to chat with Kork Ballington, Roger Marshall, Ron Haslam etc. I used to ride around the paddock on a Yammaha TY 80 along with Michael Rutter and the unkonwn legend at the time, Carl Fogarty.

Our business is HERE

Happy days. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 28 2016, 07:59 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 29 2016, 11:18 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 28 2016, 07:55 PM) *
I used to go as a lad with my dad, he used to tune Tony Rutter's (father of Michael) bikes. My dad's a bit of a guru with engines and we used to get into the factory Yamaha garage by request of the engineers. I used to get to chat with Kork Ballington, Roger Marshall, Ron Haslam etc. I used to ride around the paddock on a Yammaha TY 80 along with Michael Rutter and the unkonwn legend at the time, Carl Fogarty.

Our business is HERE

Happy days. smile.gif

Wow!! That's some bit of History!!! I sat on Kork Ballingtons Kawasaki at a Local Dealers when he was there doing a Meet and Greet, think I must have been about 13 or 14. Even at that age I dwarfed the thing!
I started riding on a TY myself then moved on to a Bultaco Sherpa 250 Trials Bike and got quite good!! biggrin.gif
Unfortunately my Dad had finished mechanicing on the Race Cars before I was born. He built the original GT 40's for Fords in Slough and went to Le Mans with them and he also worked on the first Cobras that raced in Europe.

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:40 AM