2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Very Very Very Small Problem ^^
Mark.
Jun 17 2008, 08:10 PM
GMC:er
removed

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 10:47 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jun 17 2008, 08:16 PM
Lets go fishing!
Hey dude tongue.gif

Ok I get this problem all the time! And this is what i do. First i keep an entire box of picks by my desk, and I will typically change my pick for a "fesh one" as soon as i feel my fingers getting a bit sweaty. Also I use Dunlop nylon picks with a bumpy grip surface, they really help too! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Jun 17 2008, 08:19 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
I also use dunlop nylon picks, 1mm is as thick as they get though, so they will be softer than the jazz III you are used to. They are bigger too.

Jazz III black picks have a different feel, a slight more grip, but not a big difference... maybe try a dunlop nylon, they are really cheap so you don't lose anything if you don't like it just ditch it tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jun 17 2008, 08:23 PM
removed

This post has been edited by Mark.: Dec 14 2009, 10:48 PM

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jun 17 2008, 08:26 PM
Instructor (former GMCer Hammerin Hank)
QUOTE (Mark. @ Jun 17 2008, 03:10 PM) *
Hey guys,

I've a little problem; my pick starts slipping away when I play fast for a long time ( Par example when playing Zsolt's new AP lesson ). My fingers tend to get a litle sweety, especially with this hot weather, during the winter I dont notice anything of it tongue.gif
I'm currently using Jazz III red picks; are there any not-to-way-over-priced picks wich have some kinda Grip surface so that they wont slip away, and that they sell at common guitar stores so that I dont need to order them ohmy.gif
Or do I need to glue them to my fingers xD

Tnx for any suggestions biggrin.gif

Attached Image or maybe Attached Image

J/K tongue.gif I have used Everly star grip picks before and I liked them

or maybe check out these guys

http://getagripguitarpicks.com/

--------------------
I have learned a lot, but I still have a lot to learn

Check out my video lessons

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 17 2008, 08:30 PM
I use some 1.2mm Dunlop picks which have powder on them (it doesn't fall off or get anywhere, no worries) which absorbs the moisture. It works great but the powder sometimes only lasts me one session sometimes.

Try washing your hands and using a different pick for a while.

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jun 17 2008, 08:35 PM
removed

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jun 17 2008, 08:43 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Jun 17 2008, 03:35 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif
The van ( is that the english word ? O_O) actually works xD

Fan not van but I'm sure it was just a typo. Good luck

I'll just put of giant glass of water on my desk and put my hands in there every min laugh.gif laugh.gif

Good 1

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mark.
Jun 17 2008, 08:49 PM
removed

+Quote Post
swingline
Jun 17 2008, 09:01 PM
A Van. laugh.gif

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Jun 17 2008, 09:19 PM
Nylon picks just have an awful grip, that's why I hate them. Check out the Tortex Jazz III's. They're the same shape, but offer much better grip.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Henry Dietzel
Jun 17 2008, 09:27 PM
QUOTE (swingline @ Jun 17 2008, 04:01 PM) *
A Van. laugh.gif

laugh.gif Thanks Swingline

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 17 2008, 10:08 PM
QUOTE (swingline @ Jun 17 2008, 12:01 PM) *
A Van. laugh.gif

laugh.gif Roflmao

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
somecrazyguy09
Jun 18 2008, 06:00 AM
try using the dunlop "Big Stubby" picks. they make them up to 3.0mm and they have a nice indention that makes for good grip. i'd give them a try. i really like them and they should be available at any guitarcenter or music store. if you cant find them though i also use the tortex 1.14mm jazz picks and the stuff they're made of seems to have a bit more grip than regular jazzIII's.........or you could always get used to wearing a glove when you play......

+Quote Post
AIB234
Jun 18 2008, 07:21 AM

They look like this.

You can see they look a bit powdery, cause they are!

Very similar to what somecrazy mentioned, just a different shape.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jun 18 2008, 09:41 AM
Do what they do on Worlds Strongest Man before lifting weights. Stick your hands in powder and the pick will have better grip. Use flour lol biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 18 2008, 04:17 PM
Instructor
Changing the pick every 5-10 minutes can help you. You should have like 3 picks for this.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Nov 5 2008, 01:57 AM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
QUOTE (Mark. @ Jun 17 2008, 09:10 PM) *
Hey guys,

I've a little problem; my pick starts slipping away when I play fast for a long time ( Par example when playing Zsolt's new AP lesson ). My fingers tend to get a litle sweety, especially with this hot weather, during the winter I dont notice anything of it tongue.gif
I'm currently using Jazz III red picks; are there any not-to-way-over-priced picks wich have some kinda Grip surface so that they wont slip away, and that they sell at common guitar stores so that I dont need to order them ohmy.gif
Or do I need to glue them to my fingers xD

Tnx for any suggestions biggrin.gif

Try it on a live gig in 40 degrees of Ceslius wearing leather:D:D:D:D, infront of 8 thousand people tongue.gif:P:P:P
The first thing is don't grip it hard, relax your right hand fingers and let the attack come from the wrist and lover
arm ( and you have to relax yourself as well) . The next thing is to use harder picks. What I used to do is scratch the pick with a knife or a scissors. That's what for Example Dimebag used to do, and we in my band do it often.
I use the Jazz III red and black, and these are the best I've ever tryed. Another thing is simply use a hanky every
while. While playing live, after every song I use to clean my hands with a cloth.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Nov 5 2008, 03:05 AM
I just bought 2 dozen dunlop 2.0. They are slick as snot. I took them to the bench grinder and made some marks, fixed them puppies. biggrin.gif

They feel great now

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Nov 5 2008, 03:06 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Oxac
Nov 5 2008, 03:18 AM
You can also take a lighter and melt the pick a little. Works pretty good.

--------------------
Olle "AJ" Svensson

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:25 PM