Di Box Info
Bogdan Radovic
May 2 2010, 07:56 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hi guys! I've been browsing for a DI box to suit my bass playing/recording needs. Are there any suggestions on good ones (and cheaper)?
I don't know much about DIs, types etc so any info on that would be great.

I have seen these two that looked interesting to me:

Whirlwind IMP2
and
Bbe DI–1000

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 2 2010, 08:47 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (VictorUK @ May 2 2010, 09:38 PM) *
Do you want to just DI your line output of your amp? cause my peavey 5150 combo doesnt have a line out and i use a hughes and kettner red box classic which is a D.I/Cabinet simulator and i plug it between my amp and my cab.

Sorry for not stating what I need it for.
I need it for 2 purposes.

1. Live playing, plugging bass directly to it and going to PA and using through connection - connecting bass with an amp.

2. Recording bass and plugging it direct to interface/recording console/mixer.

BTW, is there a DI box that provides line level output or do I need to use DI > Preamp > sound card interface input (M-audio 192) ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 4 2010, 06:54 PM
Instructor
Hmm, these two devices are priced very different - BBE one having much greater price, thus being a logical choice of the two.. I'm not sure if maximizer on a DIbox is something that is that practical and useful tho... For live sound - perhaps (and that is a big IF as well), but for studio or transmission purposes I fear that it can do more damage than worth.

I would recommend plain and simple bullet proof solution - Radial JDI MK3. costs 165$ and does the needed job. It has renowned Jensen transformers and military-grade construction - perfect for a DIbox unit smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: May 4 2010, 06:59 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Staffy
May 4 2010, 11:10 PM
Learning Tone Master
I've been doin a recording lately, which I think You've heard. The bass was lined through a tube unit, and it really lifted the sound. As I said in another thread I ordered a Presonus Blue Tubes, which is actually BOTH a solid state and a tube preamp that I think will work very good for both live & studio, but I havent tried yet.... They also make a mono version that is about 120$, or something like that.

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:31 PM