Newest Member Of The Family, the standard
-Zion-
Dec 17 2010, 01:28 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello everyone.

Just to celebrate the new arrival and share it with you guys here.

I got this one, first of all, because I got a really good deal on it.. I ended up paying $1700 (us). I bought it from a guy who just bought it back in july 2010 for $2700 (us), so it didn't matter if I had to borrow the money or not. I just had to get this guitar at this amazing deal..

The new guitar is going to complement my first guitar: The Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul VOS, which I am absolutely happy about as well.

Anyways, say hello to my standard.

The guitar is a Gibson USA Les Paul Standard HoneyBurst made in 2009.
Gibson has made some modifications to this particular guitar.

• *It has Grover locking tuners
  • *a lock for the guitar cable so you dont rip it out if you accidentally step on the cord
  • *you can "lock" the bridge and tailpiece at your specified height, so you dont accidentally move it during string changes
  • *the neck is asymmetrical, meaning it's fatter at the top, while thinner in the bottom, giving me an almost 1958 style neck in the top, while remaining slim in the bottom for the lightning fast killer licks (dont know about it tho since i'm not lightning fast)
  • *has BurstBuckers Pro 1 and 2 pickups
  • *is chambered which makes it a *LOT* lighter.
  • *dunlop strap locks

Notice the flags in the background.. I go into great lengths to celebrate a new member of the family (haha.. not.. my daughter just turned 2 years old.. can you guys believe how times just fly by?)

The build quality of this guitar is what you can expect from a gibson (USA). Of course it cannot match the quality of my custom (and rightly so), it's a good quality built guitar.

Like many before me, I had my doubts about a chambered gibson. Would it even sound like a gibson? A "real" gibson isn't chambered. etc., but after changing the strings and setting up this bad boy I can say that all my thoughts about a chambered gibson has been put to shame.

Although it does sound a bit different than my 1958, it DOES sound like a gibson, and because it is chambered it has a more twangy sound, a more trebly sound if you will. This more trebly sound makes it, dare i say it, better than my 1958 in certain areas of music (rock, hardrock).

Well.. no.. it's not better, it's just a bit different.. and more choices == win.. biggrin.gif

Rock on mates.. I know I will.. \o/

edit: apparently list items doesn't work anymore?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Dec 17 2010, 01:34 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:09 AM