What´s This Carlton Song?
Tolek
Mar 19 2009, 07:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey there,
as you may know I saw Larry Carlton live on Tuesday. The second song he played lonely was so heart-touching, but I only remember one chord that he played. Do you know what this song is called? I want to hear it again. biggrin.gif

Thanks.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  larry.mp3 ( 175.51K ) Number of downloads: 90

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 19 2009, 07:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Mar 19 2009, 07:40 PM) *
Hey there,
as you may know I saw Larry Carlton live on Tuesday. The second song he played lonely was so heart-touching, but I only remember one chord that he played. Do you know what this song is called? I want to hear it again. biggrin.gif

Thanks.

Based on one chord it is incredibly difficult to say what song it is !
If you knew melody of some section or even chord progression with exact voicings, that would be whole other story smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 19 2009, 08:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 19 2009, 07:50 PM) *
Based on one chord it is incredibly difficult to say what song it is !
If you knew melody of some section or even chord progression with exact voicings, that would be whole other story smile.gif

The only thing I know is that he played this one chord (Cmaj9 + Cmaj9/G) at the beginning of the song and on an acoustic guitar. After this he played some fast runs on the first few frets and continued with the C chord.

I just found on his website some tabs and played it and it is the song I was looking for. biggrin.gif

http://www.larrycarlton.com/pdf/ridinthetreasure.pdf

And here´s the sample: http://www.lastfm.de/music/Larry+Carlton/L...27+The+Treasure
I liked it more when he played it without other instruments. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Mar 19 2009, 08:34 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Nice Tolek and grats on finding it.

The acoustic Carlton number that I really like is 'The Lord's Prayer'.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 19 2009, 08:41 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Mar 19 2009, 08:34 PM) *
Nice Tolek and grats on finding it.

The acoustic Carlton number that I really like is 'The Lord's Prayer'.

Just listening to it. Nice. smile.gif
Here´s goodbye from Carlton, as well: http://www.myspace.com/larrycarlton335
He played that, too, and I was on another planet. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Mar 20 2009, 12:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Mar 19 2009, 08:24 PM) *
The only thing I know is that he played this one chord (Cmaj9 + Cmaj9/G) at the beginning of the song and on an acoustic guitar. After this he played some fast runs on the first few frets and continued with the C chord.

I just found on his website some tabs and played it and it is the song I was looking for. biggrin.gif

http://www.larrycarlton.com/pdf/ridinthetreasure.pdf

And here´s the sample: http://www.lastfm.de/music/Larry+Carlton/L...27+The+Treasure
I liked it more when he played it without other instruments. biggrin.gif

Oh I know, I used to play "Ridinthetreasure" !
Great song

How far are you into the song right now ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Robinson
Mar 20 2009, 09:08 AM
Instructor
Larry Carlton is a big influence to me. I love this kind of guitar playing. Although i am no Larry Carlton, i really enjoy this kind of music when i need inspiration. It lets my mind play with idea's that i never thought of.

Larry is awesome!

Daniel

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Mar 20 2009, 08:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Mar 20 2009, 12:42 AM) *
Oh I know, I used to play "Ridinthetreasure" !
Great song

How far are you into the song right now ?

Just started with it. I hope to play it sooner or later well. smile.gif

QUOTE (Daniel Robinson @ Mar 20 2009, 09:08 AM) *
Larry Carlton is a big influence to me. I love this kind of guitar playing. Although i am no Larry Carlton, i really enjoy this kind of music when i need inspiration. It lets my mind play with idea's that i never thought of.

Larry is awesome!

Daniel

+1 I fell in love with his music on that concert. Especially with this song. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:11 PM