In Flames - The Jester's Dance
erik
Jul 4 2008, 11:43 AM
GMC:er
Hey, I was thinking of recording a cover of The Jester's Dance by in flames, and I'm not quite shure how to record the clean guitar intro. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgmqZ-mpL_A

I don't have any reverb or delay pedals, but I got it on my amp. I can only use one of them at a time though, so I think you'll have to explain to me how I should do it in Cubase.. laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 4 2008, 11:45 AM
Learning Tone Master
If you're into recording and need effects why don't you get yourself a pod/or pandora? No idea to your cubase question.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
erik
Jul 4 2008, 11:48 AM
I can't really afford any new gear at the time tongue.gif I'm saving up for my vacation

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 4 2008, 12:00 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I don't know Cubase but I guess you can mark the track you've recorded and then select to add an effect to it.
Whould likely be somewhere easily accessile from the menues or by rightclicking the track or something.

My guess is just based on how a couple other tools work.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jul 5 2008, 09:33 AM
Singing Instructor
You haw delay and reverb in Cubase.record clean first(no effects)and then you haw a "e" button on the ch you recorded guitar,press it and ad delay and reverb A,then you just set up the velocity of them.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 5 2008, 11:48 AM
Instructor
- Open Cubase
- Record tracks without effects, clean and dry
- In inspector view of that track choose INSERTS
- Insert effects that you need. You can choose default trivial plugs that come bundled with Steinberg products like ModDelay and ReverbA or install third party plugs.
- Space plugs require to be among the last in the chain so because Steinberg products 3.x generation doesn't support drag&drop of the plugs (version 4 does) you can insert them like I did in order to leave space for additional effects like compression, modelings whatever..
- On the last picture you can see two plugs with classic space parameters.
- Tweak the effects to you liking choosing the loop on your track and making widows of effects "Always On Top"

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 18 2008, 11:36 PM
QUOTE (erik @ Jul 4 2008, 12:48 PM) *
I can't really afford any new gear at the time tongue.gif I'm saving up for my vacation

HEY!!! GUITAR SHOULD COME FIRST!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 02:10 AM