> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >  
Yash's Learning Corner, for Gab's Army
Yash
Jul 31 2014, 09:09 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 1 2014, 12:05 AM) *
hahaha ok! So this means that you won't have guitar for an indefinite time? sad.gif

I will have a guitar after August 24th for sure smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 31 2014, 09:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 31 2014, 05:09 PM) *
I will have a guitar after August 24th for sure smile.gif

Ok! Are you planning to do some singing and theory practice until then?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Yash
Jul 31 2014, 09:14 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 1 2014, 12:13 AM) *
Ok! Are you planning to do some singing and theory practice until then?

That's my plan smile.gif Gab, can you please come on chat right now ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 31 2014, 10:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Jul 31 2014, 05:14 PM) *
That's my plan smile.gif Gab, can you please come on chat right now ?

Sure mate! I'll be there in 5 minutes. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 1 2014, 06:31 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 1 2014, 01:21 AM) *
Sure mate! I'll be there in 5 minutes. smile.gif

And it didn't work out sad.gif Sorry, I fell asleep. I'll PM you about it. smile.gif If possible contact me on Facebook. smile.gif I sent you a message.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2014, 02:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Aug 1 2014, 02:31 AM) *
And it didn't work out sad.gif Sorry, I fell asleep. I'll PM you about it. smile.gif If possible contact me on Facebook. smile.gif I sent you a message.

hahaha I see! I was there, alone. sad.gif

I got your PM, I'm answering it right now.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Aug 2 2014, 08:37 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 1 2014, 05:56 PM) *
hahaha I see! I was there, alone. sad.gif

I got your PM, I'm answering it right now.

Thanks for the PM Gab smile.gif really very helpful. Now, the experience to share.

I touched a guitar after 30 days today. Played many. A variety. I played Jacksons, Randy Rhoads model, and a Kelly. Then, I tried a few Les Pauls, Epiphone LP Standard, and a Gibson Future Les Paul, or whatever it was. And, also the PRS Tremonti SE. And, a 7-string PRS Custom 24 SE, and a Fender Strat. I might have missed out a few more. Finally found a few good guitar shops in Delhi, with my childhood friends smile.gif smile.gif)))) Though they're not into metal or guitar at all, they were really encouraging.
Now, about the playing experience. I played MUCH MUCH MUCH better on those guitars, than my current guitar. The speed, better precision. Hitting notes was easier. On each and every darned guitar. It felt amazing. Boosted my confidence a lot. I felt, with the right amount of correct practice, your help, I can be a pro in 4 years =) Thanks so much for supporting me the whole time big brother biggrin.gif I loved most of them. Jacksons were my favorite, because of the neck, and, a little more mid-ness in tone. The Jackson Kelly had amazing tone because of the Duncan pickups. I guess the best combination of woods and pickups. Though the fingerboard would be ebony on the Jackson I buy, the one I tried today had Rosewood. Then, on second position, Les Paul. Great Tone =) Classic. Loved it. Wish the neck could be a bit thinner. But, I could still play on it fine. I liked the PRS Tremonti too. Though would have loved to spend more time with it. And, I wasn't a fan of the 7 String PRS. Lacked the bottom end. Maybe the amp's fault. It felt great today. Felt better about my playing when they said that I was good. And, after I could play just fine even after not touching a guitar for a month biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 3 2014, 06:58 PM
Instructor
Hi Yash! This is an amazing experience! There are a lot of mixed feelings and things happening on this story and everything is positive. This is what music is all about: Passion and enjoyment. Music doesn't have to be an obligation, a suffering, it lacks sense if it converts in that way.
Do you remember the 3 words that I said in our chat? Passion, Discipline & Dedication. Always keep them in mind. smile.gif

Choosing YOUR instrument, the one that feels great on your hands is the best thing that you can do to start this new part of the journey. You will use it to express your feelings, it must be like an extension of your body. I must be comfortable and good looking for you, it must have good quality, good tone, you have to feel that it was build specially for you. Your diary practice can become a big pleasure if you find the right instrument for you. If you liked Jackson guitar, go for it! If you want a Gibson with a thinner neck, check PRS single cut, or LTD EC. There are lots of possibilities out there. Dedicate your time to choose the best one for you.

Sometimes, when our mind isn't clear, when there are many things worrying us, we need a stop, we need to let our mind think and do some conclusions, to process all the information that we received. That's why, sometimes a break in practice can be more effective than obsessive practice. Remember that doing music is a way to express our feelings, to say something, so we need things to say, if your mind is blocked, we won't be able to express fluently, if you are not living new experiences, you won't have anything new to say. If you haven't done it, please check this beautiful video:

As I said previously, it's possible to do a music career, it's possible to live making music, but the main goal should do that one "making music". Being successful doesn't mean to be loved by million of fans, being successful mean doing what you love every day and being surrounded by people that you love and that loves you.

Another suggestion that I would like to give you is "be yourself". It's cool to say "I want to be the next James Hetfield", but it's cooler to say "I'm going to be YASH". If you want to be special, if you want to hear people saying in the future "I want to be the next Yash". Work to find your own personality in music and life, create your unique style. Search for those things that make you unique, special, and enhance them... this is the journey that I propose you to do.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 11 2014, 07:09 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 3 2014, 09:58 PM) *
Hi Yash! This is an amazing experience! There are a lot of mixed feelings and things happening on this story and everything is positive. This is what music is all about: Passion and enjoyment. Music doesn't have to be an obligation, a suffering, it lacks sense if it converts in that way.
Do you remember the 3 words that I said in our chat? Passion, Discipline & Dedication. Always keep them in mind. smile.gif

Choosing YOUR instrument, the one that feels great on your hands is the best thing that you can do to start this new part of the journey. You will use it to express your feelings, it must be like an extension of your body. I must be comfortable and good looking for you, it must have good quality, good tone, you have to feel that it was build specially for you. Your diary practice can become a big pleasure if you find the right instrument for you. If you liked Jackson guitar, go for it! If you want a Gibson with a thinner neck, check PRS single cut, or LTD EC. There are lots of possibilities out there. Dedicate your time to choose the best one for you.

Sometimes, when our mind isn't clear, when there are many things worrying us, we need a stop, we need to let our mind think and do some conclusions, to process all the information that we received. That's why, sometimes a break in practice can be more effective than obsessive practice. Remember that doing music is a way to express our feelings, to say something, so we need things to say, if your mind is blocked, we won't be able to express fluently, if you are not living new experiences, you won't have anything new to say. If you haven't done it, please check this beautiful video:

As I said previously, it's possible to do a music career, it's possible to live making music, but the main goal should do that one "making music". Being successful doesn't mean to be loved by million of fans, being successful mean doing what you love every day and being surrounded by people that you love and that loves you.

Another suggestion that I would like to give you is "be yourself". It's cool to say "I want to be the next James Hetfield", but it's cooler to say "I'm going to be YASH". If you want to be special, if you want to hear people saying in the future "I want to be the next Yash". Work to find your own personality in music and life, create your unique style. Search for those things that make you unique, special, and enhance them... this is the journey that I propose you to do.

Hi Gab smile.gif Thanks smile.gif That motivated me MUCH more smile.gif smile.gif I am going to be Yash, student of guitar legends Gabriel Leopardi and Cosmin Lupu biggrin.gif smile.gif And, music to me is about writing songs about my personal experiences, it's my way of letting out stuff that's been inside of me for all my life because I am pretty introverted and I don't talk to people. I write lyrics smile.gif And, I love writing lyrics. About girls, betrayals, getting bullied, etc etc. But, I think my influences might be too strong on me sad.gif My lyrics sound like something Bullet For My Valentine would right. My music, I don't even know. I don't compose much music sadly. Because I didn't use to give much time to guitar as I wanted to sad.gif But, I will now smile.gif Things are better. Life seems much better now and I am happy after a long time. smile.gif

Now, about the gear. Here goes.

I have decided to take the risk and order that guitar. Pay first then get it. I don't know. I think it will work for sure. It's a Jackson King V Pro. I'll have money left after that. Which I'll use to buy an Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus with Gibson pickups smile.gif Though I'll have to save a little bit of money from my own money to get that baby.
The reason I chose this combination is - Variety is the essence of life tongue.gif biggrin.gif
The Jackson is V-shaped, super sharp, alder body, maple neck, ebony fingerboard, Floyd Rose, EMG actives (81 and 89, which gives me a single coil and humbucker in the neck and a bridge humbucker)
The Epi Les Paul is Single cut, has 24 frets (the main reason I chose this LP instead of anything else), Mahogany body and neck, rosewood fingerboard, and a locking tone-pros kind of bridge with nice tuners and Gibson USA pickups which are passive.
The two guitars are opposites and will probably complement well and you know, I'll have variety. And, I think the necks will be kinda similar to play, because, the Jackson has a compound 12-16'' radius, and the LP has a sweet 14" radius. So, I am hoping I won't be having much troubles switching between them. It'll just be a matter of tonal choice and the tremolo usage smile.gif Right ? What do you say about my decision ? smile.gif
Wise or not ? smile.gif

I was also considering the PRS Mikael Akerfeldt model as well, instead of the Epiphone. But, the neck radius threw me off tongue.gif It's 10''. And, given my tiny hands, I'd be better off with over 12" if I want to shred, right ? Help me with this one please mate smile.gif But, since I currently play on a thick one, I don't think I'll have many problems ? I don't know. I was considering the Akerfeldt model because Opeth goes from Jazz to Death Metal tongue.gif Maybe that guitar does too ?

Oh, by the way, if I end up buying both of them (a single cut and a Jackson) I'll have to save up from my own money to buy the acoustic and the 12 string smile.gif What do you say about all this ? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 11 2014, 09:36 PM
Here's the cover Gab smile.gif As I told you in PM.

Sorry for the bad quality sad.gif My webcam sucks. So does my tone. And so do I sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 11 2014, 10:48 PM
Instructor
Nice playing and singing mate! I just gave you feedback and some other comments via PM! Check it out. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 12 2014, 08:33 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 12 2014, 01:48 AM) *
Nice playing and singing mate! I just gave you feedback and some other comments via PM! Check it out. wink.gif

Hi Gab smile.gif Thanks a lot for the feedback, it totally made my day biggrin.gif I did a few mistakes here and there though sad.gif In the solo I guess sad.gif And, in the vocals too sad.gif But, if say it's nice, I'll take it biggrin.gif Thanks a lot Gab.

Now, what about the guitars ? And, what would be my practice regime ? I tried to do John Petrucci's rock discipline. His warmups are so tough, I don't know what will he do as time goes on laugh.gif I'll be working on songs and riffs the moment I can. smile.gif I write lyrics whenever a catchy line comes to my head. But, I don't know how original I am sad.gif As for the riffs, I wanna develop my playing more. Not confident enough to write killer riffs. All I can do right now are octaves, power chords, and palm mutes. sad.gif Let's get to developing my hands biggrin.gif

I tried John Petrucci's rock discipline, and he intimidated me laugh.gif If the warm ups are so tough, lord knows what's he gonna do later in the video laugh.gif I have a guitar world's play lead guitar DVD, maybe start with that ? I really feel my soloing lacks too much sad.gif Oh, and by the way, next cover will be - a classic wink.gif I'll keep it a surprise. Though I've been learning to play it since I've begun to play guitar, never been able to do the lead parts perfectly. I lack the speed and stamina. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 12 2014, 10:11 PM
Instructor
Hey Yash! Thanks for the feedback! You don't really need that video clinic having GMC lessons! I can help you to design weekly routines that cover the different techniques that you want to cover in a musical context. That's very important! I think that these are the topics that we should work during the first weeks:

Warming Up

Alternate Picking

Legato

Expression

Rhythm

I can assign GMC lesson for each of these topics if you want, but you can also suggest some that you like that fit on them. What do you say?

About composing, don't worry about your current technique, it's enough to start writing some stuff. Then you can make it more complex, by now you can work on easier riffs, vocal melodies, chord progressions and off course lyrics. Write from your heart, don't worry about how "original" your songs are. Our first compositions are usually very influenced by our heroes but they are a first step to slowly discover our own voice. Let it be.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 12 2014, 10:17 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 13 2014, 01:11 AM) *
Hey Yash! Thanks for the feedback! You don't really need that video clinic having GMC lessons! I can help you to design weekly routines that cover the different techniques that you want to cover in a musical context. That's very important! I think that these are the topics that we should work during the first weeks:

Warming Up

Alternate Picking

Legato

Expression

Rhythm

I can assign GMC lesson for each of these topics if you want, but you can also suggest some that you like that fit on them. What do you say?

About composing, don't worry about your current technique, it's enough to start writing some stuff. Then you can make it more complex, by now you can work on easier riffs, vocal melodies, chord progressions and off course lyrics. Write from your heart, don't worry about how "original" your songs are. Our first compositions are usually very influenced by our heroes but they are a first step to slowly discover our own voice. Let it be.

Sure thing Gab. Bring it all on ! I wanna work on my lead playing more than anything. I can't solo at all ohmy.gif After 3 years of playing sad.gif And, OK. I'll work and creat what I can create. I get vocal melodies with the lyrics in my head. I write them down, and oddly, I remember the vocal line. Mostly. laugh.gif I posted 2 threads about guitars in the gear section. When you have time, please check them out smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 13 2014, 01:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Sep 12 2014, 06:17 PM) *
Sure thing Gab. Bring it all on ! I wanna work on my lead playing more than anything. I can't solo at all ohmy.gif After 3 years of playing sad.gif And, OK. I'll work and creat what I can create. I get vocal melodies with the lyrics in my head. I write them down, and oddly, I remember the vocal line. Mostly. laugh.gif I posted 2 threads about guitars in the gear section. When you have time, please check them out smile.gif

Ok, what about learning one of these solos and master it to get a 10 at REC?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/neocla..._for_beginners/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Epic-M...-Beginner-Solo/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 20 2014, 05:02 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 13 2014, 04:35 AM) *

Neo-Classical solo ! I am gonna be on it. And, I ordered the Jackson biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Will have to wait till late October or early November though sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 20 2014, 06:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Sep 20 2014, 01:02 PM) *
Neo-Classical solo ! I am gonna be on it. And, I ordered the Jackson biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Will have to wait till late October or early November though sad.gif

Electric guitar is coming??? That's awesome!! Congrats. smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 20 2014, 07:10 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 20 2014, 09:33 PM) *
Electric guitar is coming??? That's awesome!! Congrats. smile.gif smile.gif

YESSS !! It is coming biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Thank you so much smile.gif smile.gif I can't wait.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 22 2014, 04:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Yash @ Sep 20 2014, 03:10 PM) *
YESSS !! It is coming biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Thank you so much smile.gif smile.gif I can't wait.

Nice news mate, I'm happy for you. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Yash
Sep 24 2014, 12:39 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 22 2014, 07:27 AM) *
Nice news mate, I'm happy for you. smile.gif

The waiting sucks.... mellow.gif I want it already ! It's been 6 days since I ordered.

--------------------

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:21 AM