> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Mtp December Thread - Crazy_diamond
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 12 2009, 07:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Dec 11 2009, 09:52 PM) *
Too bad my school teacher are not as cool as you ... tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif They know that you don't like their classes! hahaha

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Dec 17 2009, 01:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Gab,

I won't be able to record my MTP until next weeks and I haven't practice that much.... I had a few problems at school and I have to do more work than what I was supposed.... Results I have slept for about 3 hours per day for the last week ... I am officially finishing next tuesday and after that I am going to be able to practice intensively.

Hope it won't cause you any problems ...

Thanks man !!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 17 2009, 05:26 AM
Instructor
Those are really bad news! Ok, let me know if you will be able to do the 2 remaining assignments and the REC take before the end of the month. If not we have to suspend the MTP. sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Dec 18 2009, 01:42 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 16 2009, 11:26 PM) *
Those are really bad news! Ok, let me know if you will be able to do the 2 remaining assignments and the REC take before the end of the month. If not we have to suspend the MTP. sad.gif

We won't suspend the MTP man don't worry .... I'm finishing my semester and I will get back on the guitar ..... it is going to leave me more than a week.... Should be enough ...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 18 2009, 05:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Dec 17 2009, 09:42 PM) *
We won't suspend the MTP man don't worry .... I'm finishing my semester and I will get back on the guitar ..... it is going to leave me more than a week.... Should be enough ...

Ah ok! Keep me updated! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jan 15 2010, 12:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
Finally.... here is myt take for the MTP ....

I know it is not perfect but it took me 30 times to come with this result. The Red button syndrome is striking ph34r.gif Anyway, the focus was on the vibrato wich I think I have been able to improve.

Again I am really sorry for the delay but I think that you understand my situation here...

See you soon mate.

Edit: sorry for the bad video quality my camera wasn't setup properly.

This post has been edited by Crazy_Diamond: Jan 15 2010, 12:58 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 16 2010, 09:22 PM
Instructor
Hey Crazy Diamond! It's great to have a new assignment done from you! I like your take! You really passed this one! I think that your vibrato still needs some work but I can hear an improvement in this take basing on some previous videos that I have seen from you. This week we will work on alternate picking but we will continue working on your vibrato in the following weeks. smile.gif

Assignment 3:
This week we will start working on alternate picking. This week's exercise is a J. S. Bach popular piece called "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring". It must be played with alternate picking technique since it is the most effective way. It a very nice melodic piece that can be used to warm up. The piece in G major scale.

Attached File  December_MTP_Crazy_Diamond.gp5 ( 2.3K ) Number of downloads: 107

I hope that you enjoy it! Let me know if you have any question!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jan 16 2010, 09:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Gab ... I am really hapy to see that my vibrato is improving because I wasn't 100% sure I was in the good direction. I like the new assignement I will start learning it right now.

Should it be better to practice it clean or with some overdrive ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 17 2010, 05:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Jan 16 2010, 05:29 PM) *
Thanks Gab ... I am really hapy to see that my vibrato is improving because I wasn't 100% sure I was in the good direction. I like the new assignement I will start learning it right now.

Should it be better to practice it clean or with some overdrive ?

It would be better if you play this with overdrive! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jan 18 2010, 04:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
That is how I started practicing it. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 18 2010, 05:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Jan 18 2010, 12:57 AM) *
That is how I started practicing it. wink.gif

Great! Can't wait to hear the take!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jan 22 2010, 12:21 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Gabe,

Here is my take for the third assignement.

I know they are a few noise here and there but I taught it would be good enough. I hope you will like it !!!

See you

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 24 2010, 09:41 AM
Instructor
Good take my friend! I like your posture and sound in this one. You look relaxed and that a very important thing. I note that you could move your picking hand a little less. This will allow you to increase your speed using alternate picking technique. I think that it would be a great idea if you incorporate this piece to your diary warm up! smile.gif

4th Assignment:
Well Simon, I will give you two legato exercises in this month's last assignment. This exercises have been developed to train your left hand. You must play these exercises in a repetitive way and also the fastest and strongest than you can.
I used to play this type of exercises for one/two hours per day in my early guitar days and I discovered that they are very effective to make your left hand fingers stronger.

Attached File  December_MTP_Crazy_Diamond_1.gp5 ( 1.85K ) Number of downloads: 109

Attached File  MTP_Assignment_FIXED.gp5 ( 2.18K ) Number of downloads: 99

We will also need to have your REC take finished this week so you must start working on it! My suggestion was to record a new/improved version of the Vai style lesson. However let me know if you have any other suggestion!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jan 25 2010, 06:12 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jan 25 2010, 05:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
I am glad you liked the last take...

As for the new assignement, the second file you have posted is the same exercise as the previous assignement blink.gif . The first assignement look cool but I don't think I will be able to achieve it at the speed you put in the GP file. 180 bpm seems really to fast.

As for the Rec program, I have 2 suggestions. I have worked a bit on the Vai melody but I can't play the fast licks.... It seems way beyond my reach. I was listening to your album Bi-Polar in my car earlier today and I would really like to try the Tecno lesson I think that the intro riff and the bridge are killer. Second suggestions is an earlier Rec take that I have tried from Emir it is the neoclassical solo for beginner https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/neocla..._for_beginners/ it is not a rock lesson but I think it is really good to work on my vibrato.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 25 2010, 06:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Jan 25 2010, 01:28 AM) *
I am glad you liked the last take...

As for the new assignement, the second file you have posted is the same exercise as the previous assignement blink.gif . The first assignement look cool but I don't think I will be able to achieve it at the speed you put in the GP file. 180 bpm seems really to fast.

As for the Rec program, I have 2 suggestions. I have worked a bit on the Vai melody but I can't play the fast licks.... It seems way beyond my reach. I was listening to your album Bi-Polar in my car earlier today and I would really like to try the Tecno lesson I think that the intro riff and the bridge are killer. Second suggestions is an earlier Rec take that I have tried from Emir it is the neoclassical solo for beginner https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/neocla..._for_beginners/ it is not a rock lesson but I think it is really good to work on my vibrato.

I fixed the second file! Sorry for the confusion! smile.gif Play the exercises the faster than you can.
Regarding the Rec take I think that both lessons would be very interesting for this month so you can decide which one to record and notify me! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jan 25 2010, 06:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
Allright I will work on it tomorow ... For now I need some spleeps....

Thanks for the correction

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 25 2010, 06:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Jan 25 2010, 02:24 AM) *
Allright I will work on it tomorow ... For now I need some spleeps....

Thanks for the correction

ok, good night!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jan 26 2010, 06:18 AM
Learning Rock Star
Those two Assignement are going to be hard for me.... You just made me notice that I have never really practiced my legato before. Well I have practiced pull-offs but only on the high e string... I have trouble to keep the first lesson clean, it is going to be a good workout. As for the second one... I guess I need to figure out the fingering position... AM I only supposed to play in legato or can I add a few slides ?

I have started to play Tecno today and I taught that I was playing it perfectly until I record myself... I have decided to share with you the video so you can give me tipos on what to focus on ...

Between I really like this song it is my favorite on the album.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Jan 27 2010, 04:57 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 24 2010, 03:41 AM) *
I used to play this type of exercises for one/two hours per day in my early guitar days and I discovered that they are very effective to make your left hand fingers stronger.

Wow !!! I can barely play the exercise for 5 minutes ... I really feel a new muscle... I will practice it slowly to prevent injury because I think that trying to much could be bad for me.

How long was your practice at that time??? 2 hours on legato per day seems a lot to me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 27 2010, 09:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Jan 26 2010, 02:18 AM) *
Those two Assignment are going to be hard for me.... You just made me notice that I have never really practiced my legato before. Well I have practiced pull-offs but only on the high e string... I have trouble to keep the first lesson clean, it is going to be a good workout. As for the second one... I guess I need to figure out the fingering position... AM I only supposed to play in legato or can I add a few slides ?

I have started to play Tecno today and I taught that I was playing it perfectly until I record myself... I have decided to share with you the video so you can give me tipos on what to focus on ...

Between I really like this song it is my favorite on the album.

Nice take man! Your timing is really good. I just notice that sometimes the change of chords isn't the fast enough and it generates a silence between the change (It is very easy to note this when you play G5 and then C9). You have to practice this to make your rhythm guitar playing sound more fluently. This is the most important thing to fix in this take. I thikn that with some more practice you'll feel more comfortable with this riffs and you'll get even a better sound! BTW I think that you could upload this take to the REC program to get other instructors feedback. It is a good take!

Regarding the legato exercises... you add slides and some picked notes in the second exercise. I used to play this type of exercise for 1:30 hours when my diary routine was around 6 hours a day.

Well Simon, I'll wait for the 4th assignment take!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:21 PM