Feedback Please! On Lead
Todd Simpson
Sep 16 2014, 09:25 PM
GMC:er
This is a bit of the Lead guitar for the Tears for Fears SHOUT reinterpretation SPOCK is doing that I"m playing on. Let me know what you think ohmy.gif)

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/solo-test-reinterpreting-shout-tears-for-fears

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 16 2014, 09:49 PM
I wondered if boosting the highest highs pre-distortion (from single coil like lead tone, more picking noise in a nice way) would add more bite to it?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spock
Sep 16 2014, 09:53 PM
I love it so far, keep going for it and maybe in the next section whip some speed stuff in there and change it up some so it's not the original solo, but hits on key notes.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Sep 16 2014, 04:49 PM) *
I wondered if boosting the highest highs pre-distortion (from single coil like lead tone, more picking noise in a nice way) would add more bite to it?

I think it's just getting all the pieces in place right now. He's recording direct so he could tweak it to sound like a banjo if he wanted to.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 16 2014, 11:01 PM
Recording direct RAWKS!!! smile.gif It allows you to do what SPOCK said and change all the tones later. I"m just tracking right now as was mentioned, so we are putting all the pieces/parts in place. We will re tweak the patches (all done in TH2) for the mix.

I agree with Mertay on more bite! smile.gif The more the better.

I'm with ya spock on part 2 of the solo. Using the first bit as a them and going off just a bit to crazy land.

QUOTE (Spock @ Sep 16 2014, 04:53 PM) *
I love it so far, keep going for it and maybe in the next section whip some speed stuff in there and change it up some so it's not the original solo, but hits on key notes.

I think it's just getting all the pieces in place right now. He's recording direct so he could tweak it to sound like a banjo if he wanted to.

+Quote Post
Spock
Sep 17 2014, 12:25 AM
I got the file Todd - working on it now. I'll have it back to you tonight.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 17 2014, 01:12 AM
Cool smile.gif I'm curious how it will expand

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Sep 17 2014, 04:18 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Sounds great! Dig the pinch harmonics in the intro. Not really sure what the original solo sounds like, but I agree that a speed burst of some variety (maybe at the end) could spice it up. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 17 2014, 05:28 AM
Good notes!! I put some speedy bits in part 2 of the solo smile.gif This first part is sort of a homage to the original.

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Sep 16 2014, 11:18 PM) *
Sounds great! Dig the pinch harmonics in the intro. Not really sure what the original solo sounds like, but I agree that a speed burst of some variety (maybe at the end) could spice it up. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 17 2014, 09:34 AM
Instructor
I was about to add the same 2 cents here - a bit of variation in dynamics wouldn't hurt wink.gif It's a bit static over a lengthy interval of time, if you ask me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Spock
Sep 17 2014, 11:37 AM
Yea he changed that and started the solo earlier, threw some speed stuff on it - sounds smokin' now.

He left that first part the same to bring the feel of the original, then went all lightning on it. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Spock: Sep 17 2014, 11:38 AM

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Sep 17 2014, 11:45 AM
Learning Roadie
Possibly some of you slowest playing Todd! I know you're recording direct so you'll be able to hone you tone when everything is completed, I thought the amount of reverb stopped it gelling with the rest of the track but I know this is early days in the tone, mixing side of things

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:25 AM