2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Stolen Gear
lefty01
Dec 19 2007, 12:21 AM
GMC:er
That really stinks.
I would contact the auction site, and file a complaint that the item is stolen. I know that (Ebay) will end the auction at least. Must be some real scum in the world, to steal from another musician. mad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 19 2007, 03:35 AM
Instructor
If I got it right,item isn't on Ebay but on site in Dubai correspondent to Ebay.
Tho I wish you can stop auction even there smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Dec 19 2007, 10:59 PM
my plectrum was once stolen, i went through some pretty dark times soon after sad.gif
haha
but seriously, damn it must be so anoying having the 'bigger' gear stolen, i m not trustin nobody with my stuff anymore! unless i know where they live smile.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 19 2007, 11:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kevin-riff-after-riff @ Dec 19 2007, 10:59 PM) *
my plectrum was once stolen, i went through some pretty dark times soon after sad.gif
haha
but seriously, damn it must be so anoying having the 'bigger' gear stolen, i m not trustin nobody with my stuff anymore! unless i know where they live smile.gif

Bad thing is that thief usually knows where WE live ohmy.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Dec 22 2007, 03:11 AM
Ibanez RG370DX? That's one of like 20 guitars on my wishlist right now. biggrin.gif

Man, my parents would kill me if I got my Strat stolen. I'd be so gutted if I was a theivee of such an expensive item. sad.gif

Maybe I should get my Strat stolen on purpose to get another guitar...

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Dec 23 2007, 11:38 AM
So when I see the title "stolen gear" I think to myself "hmmm, this a thread to come clean about gear that we've stolen?" turns out its just the opposite.... silly me.

I havn't had anything stolen, but Karma being what it is, something is bound to happen.....

When I was younger, I stole a music stand and a couple theory text books from a college. Before that, it was into corporate chain bookstores to pocket some chord books and books with general guitar knowledge, maybe an issue of Guitar World here and there. Its amazing what you'll get away with when people peg you as the obedient asian kid.

The way I saw it, it didn't belong to anybody yet. It wasn't like I stole it from a friend. And all I ever stole was knowledge (plus that music stand) and never a guitar/cables/pedals/amps. And I never stole from ma and pa places, only big corporate chains (my personal way of sticking it to the man). Regardless, thats no excuse for my actions. It was still wrong and looking back I'm not proud of it (well, maybe a little).

The funny thing is, it really helped my playing and my overall knowledge of music! I learned musical theory from a book I couldn't afford, and wrote my first piece in staff paper I didnt pay for. But like I said, It was wrong and I don't support/condone it wink.gif .

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Dec 23 2007, 11:51 AM
Learning Tone Master
None of my stuff was stolen but last week some guys broke into the Musicstore in cologne and stole over 50 customshop guitars which were worth more than 250.000 euro all together!
http://video.musicstore.de/diebstahl/index.html

This post has been edited by ZakkWylde: Dec 23 2007, 11:52 AM

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 23 2007, 12:07 PM
Instructor
Spider,best way to improvement in confession,you're doing great biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 23 2007, 02:13 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Muris @ Dec 23 2007, 06:07 AM) *
Spider,best way to improvement in confession,you're doing great biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

But dribble it out slowly - I'm sure GMC isn't ready for a full confession of all your sins yet!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Spiderusalem
Dec 23 2007, 10:29 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Dec 23 2007, 05:13 AM) *
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

But dribble it out slowly - I'm sure GMC isn't ready for a full confession of all your sins yet!

....nor will it ever be wink.gif

--------------------
Equipment: Classical/Jazz hybrid guitar. blunt/black humor.

Success is the best revenge.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Dec 23 2007, 10:53 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Spiderusalem @ Dec 23 2007, 04:29 PM) *
....nor will it ever be wink.gif

ohmy.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:24 PM