Nailing Tool, this IS guitar musi - for a change
OzRob
Aug 25 2010, 12:32 PM
GMC:er
This is very much the direction I'm headed on guitar: cinematic, electronica fused, industrial. I call it 'cinemetal' - is that a new genre for the wiki? laugh.gif tongue.gif

@ Vasilije - in the "Rising Darkness" thread I was talking about using orchestral percussion in place of basic rock drums. This is an example of a pretty simple guitar riff based track that, IMHO, turns into something different and special by using big percussion and lots of electronica elements.

@ Tony - I wound the level down a lot and it makes a noticeable difference in the youtube result. The big hits are still very punchy instead of that loose, sloppy, over-compressed feel. Thanks for that advice.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OzRob: Aug 26 2010, 04:34 AM

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 25 2010, 01:35 PM
Jazz Instructor
How do you do that swoooosh at 00:37? Is that instrument, sample or you modified it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
OzRob
Aug 25 2010, 01:56 PM
It's actually a group of different sounds - there's rising volume brass, swelling synth pads, cymbal, reversed cymbals, reverb and pitch wheel mod. But those kinds of sounds are readily available as samples in fx and instrument libraries.

--------------------
------------------------
------------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 25 2010, 01:57 PM
Jazz Instructor

Oh mine, oh mine, isn't he a Leonardo da Vinci. I want to be this guy! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 25 2010, 04:11 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Very cool, I'm getting alot of Akira Yamaoka vibes coming from it. Dark, creepy, and most of all, foreboding laugh.gif

Great stuff as always smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 25 2010, 04:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Aug 25 2010, 01:57 PM) *

Oh mine, oh mine, isn't he a Leonardo da Vinci. I want to be this guy! biggrin.gif

I want one of those small midi controllers!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Aug 25 2010, 05:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
I like it very much! Feels kind of like a mix of... say tool and callisto maybye? Very cool!

+Quote Post
OzRob
Aug 26 2010, 12:43 AM
@ Vasilije - those vids of Rob Powers are amazing. I love his sound. His studio gives me gas!

@ Unc - thanks bro. I don't know Akira, I'll have to go check him out.

@ Sollesnes - thanks mate. There is some Tool influence there, but Callisto I don't know. Another one for me to check out. Cheers.

--------------------
------------------------
------------------------

+Quote Post
Bear Rose
Aug 26 2010, 02:02 AM
Beginner Instructor
This is very cool stuff! I like it a lot.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:33 PM