> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Jtaylor's Groove Workshop
JTaylor
May 31 2013, 12:18 AM
Apprentice Roadie
Hey Cosmin!
Okay, I backed the tempo down from 100 to 90. Maybe jumping from 80 to 100 was too much. I'm pretty happy with this take.It's not perfect yet, so I'll keep working on it. I'll stay at this one for a while before attempting 100 again, lol. laugh.gif It may be a few days before I get any other recordings done as I have got a lot of stuff going on right now, but I will get one soon. Have a great weekend! Jon
[attachment=32080:Gallop_w...T_90_BPM.wav]

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 31 2013, 09:16 AM
Instructor
Good morning Jon! It's definitely better, man! Strange how 10 BPM can pull you down like that eh? Take your time and record at 100 BPM when you think you can match the tightness you are having here biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jun 6 2013, 03:30 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Hey Cosmin!
I have been practicing a lot @ 100 BPM and am finally ready to submit my latest for your feedback. Again, I had to go and delete my previous attachments because I had maxed out my space ohmy.gif but it's all good biggrin.gif . Thanks, and have a great day! Jon
Attached File  Gallop_Submission_with_BT_100_BPM.wav ( 17.24MB ) Number of downloads: 78

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2013, 12:48 PM
Instructor
Hello Jon! This is getting better and better - one thing that I started noticing, is the great amount of power behind the riffs - you are becoming more and more surefooted!

Now, there are almost imperceptible hesitations here and there and after 00:50 I can feel a slight de-sync. Push further and see if you can get the balance perfectly and also try to see if you are still so powerful at 110 Bpm. How does that sound?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jun 7 2013, 12:53 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Sounds great! I'll be working on it! Have a great weekend and thank you for your help my friend!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 7 2013, 12:55 PM
Instructor
Always a pleasure Jon! I got your back mate!

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jun 11 2013, 03:27 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Hey Cosmin!
I have been working on this at 110 BPM for a few days and here is my first submission. I tried to tweak it but I think I was concentrating too hard and started making more mistakes. laugh.gif So, even though it is somewhat rough, here is Time to Gallop at 110BPM! I'll keep working on it! biggrin.gif
Attached File  Gallop_110_BPM.wav ( 15.79MB ) Number of downloads: 85

This post has been edited by JTaylor: Jun 11 2013, 03:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 12 2013, 08:28 AM
Instructor
Howdy Jon!

Mate, timing and tightness are not with you at this speed smile.gif Give it some more time, ok? Keep me posted of course and keep working hard! I hope you are not tense when playing, yes?

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jun 13 2013, 11:35 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Hi Cosmin!
Yes, you have nailed it. Tenseness is an area that has plagued me and held me back since I bought my first guitar in 1988. Sometimes, even after just a few minutes of playing, my hand and arm will hurt all the way up to the elbow. It is a mental block that I have fought for a very long time. The more I try to relax, the more my mind takes over and makes me more tense. I have no idea what to do about it. If I had the extra money, I would try hypnotism but that costs a lot!!! laugh.gif So, that is where I am at with it. If you know any good techniques for relaxing while playing, I'd love to give them a try. Thank you my friend! Jon

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 15 2013, 02:33 PM
Instructor
Jon - watch out - I'm making a movie for ya on this theme - and there's gonna be A LOT of philosophical ranting laugh.gif

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jun 15 2013, 06:33 PM
Apprentice Roadie
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jun 15 2013, 08:33 AM) *
Jon - watch out - I'm making a movie for ya on this theme - and there's gonna be A LOT of philosophical ranting laugh.gif

Thank you!! I'm very much looking forward to it! Have a great weekend my friend! biggrin.gif Jon

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 15 2013, 07:32 PM
Instructor
Hey there Jon smile.gif Check this out:

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jun 17 2013, 01:24 AM
Apprentice Roadie
Hey Cosmin!
Great video my friend and I appreciate it! I will be referring to it often and I have it in my bookmarks for easy reference at any time! Yes, I like what you have to say on the subject. Thank you again! biggrin.gif With my latest, I have backed it down to 105BPM. Except for a glitch at 0:33, I am pretty happy with it, but I'll let you be the judge. smile.gif Jon
Attached File  Time_to_Gallop_105_BPM.wav ( 16.27MB ) Number of downloads: 86

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 17 2013, 12:06 PM
Instructor
Hey Jon! Glad I could provide, mate! smile.gif

It is very good - there are some spots where there's a little bit of lack in definition, but I wouldn't worry so much. The big picture is ok! Let's put 5 more BPM on top of this, aye?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jun 17 2013, 01:10 PM
Apprentice Roadie
Great! When I was recording yesterday, I could feel my mind starting to wander. Then, I would say to myself "I have practiced this and I know I can play it. I am going to have fun playing it!" biggrin.gif I'll work on it at 110 again and submit a good recording. It may be a day or two, but I'm in no rush, lol!
You know, a friend of mine has been playing for 40 years and the guy is just incredible (he's also a PRS man and owns several of them!). He told me that another friend of his asked him if he thought about every single note he plays. He told the guy "no." Well, the guy was surprised, so my friend told him "if I thought about every word when I speak, I would stumble over them, and mess up the conversation." So it is with playing.... I thought that was pretty good also.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 18 2013, 08:26 AM
Instructor
Great explanation!! Hehe, I will write this one down for certain wink.gif

Well, Jon, indeed, there is no rush mate - send it when you are happy with it wink.gif

+Quote Post
JTaylor
Jun 28 2013, 12:18 AM
Apprentice Roadie
Hi Cosmin!
Just letting you know it is going slow right now. I actually have not really even played lately due to a huge project at my house. I will be working on the house for a few more weeks and just wanted to let you know. I'll get back on the gallop lesson eventually though! biggrin.gif Have a great day my friend!! Jon

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 28 2013, 07:52 AM
Instructor
Hey Jon, thanks for writing me man smile.gif Listen, keep your hands warm with playing it daily, for 15-20 minutes if you can. It'll be worth it, trust me!

I am trying to figure out how to build a practice pad for my sword fencing training at home so that I can place it in the garden and train there in from April to October - guess I can say I have a house project too tongue.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:49 AM