Makes Me So Mad, help!!!
beebo
Mar 23 2007, 01:06 AM
GMC:er
Hello everyone,
I will take any advce from anyone because......... well just anyone
Of course I'm in 8th grade 14yrs old and one of my friends (definetily not best) stole 2 of my best friends who I also might add 2 of my best friends and now they play in his bands. Ohh wait let me rephrase that.
They said they want to be in both bands! dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif yea right! His name is Tim and he think's he can cream me at the solos. The last time I heard his music it sucked. But he has new stuff so I don't mean to criticize. At the time I was good but not great. sad.gif NOw I'm more of a great guitarists than a good guitarists.
so anyway my question is What should I do??? ohmy.gif do you think I should challenge him in front of the whole band. What if I win but what if I lose. sad.gif sad.gif Pleaz help quickly sad.gif mad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
MickeM
Mar 23 2007, 10:35 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Don't bother. He can't "steal" friends, if they want to join him it's up to them, not him or you.
I belive that if you're too energic trying to break it up between them it will just come back to bite you in the a$$ leaving you without friends.
See it from the bright side. You can go there to listen at them rehearsing and you'll get invitations to any upcoming gigs. biggrin.gif

Lighten up bud, and don't bother too much, ok? It's not a shoot out, what will be will be, you'll definitly get a chanse to show off your solos in the future and by then you'll rock even harder. cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jeff
Mar 23 2007, 12:51 PM
QUOTE (beebo @ Mar 23 2007, 01:06 AM) *
Hello everyone,
I will take any advce from anyone because......... well just anyone
Of course I'm in 8th grade 14yrs old and one of my friends (definetily not best) stole 2 of my best friends who I also might add 2 of my best friends and now they play in his bands. Ohh wait let me rephrase that.
They said they want to be in both bands! dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif yea right! His name is Tim and he think's he can cream me at the solos. The last time I heard his music it sucked. But he has new stuff so I don't mean to criticize. At the time I was good but not great. sad.gif NOw I'm more of a great guitarists than a good guitarists.
so anyway my question is What should I do??? ohmy.gif do you think I should challenge him in front of the whole band. What if I win but what if I lose. sad.gif sad.gif Pleaz help quickly sad.gif mad.gif

Let your friends discover for themselves what they want to do. Don't let these things bother you because they will happen again. Take the energy that you have used for this and use it to practice instead. Your friends will come back because you will be improving and they will want to jam with you. And when they do, who knows, they just might not be good enough for you by then! So, there you have it... just keep focused on your guitar. Why? because you want it so badly. You don't need to prove anything by challanging this guy. That would be silly. Trust me on this one, in years from now when you look back at something like this you will realize that it is not as significant as it seemed at the time. I know because I have been there.

Let it go and keep practicing! wink.gif

+Quote Post
beebo
Mar 24 2007, 12:45 AM
You know I've noticed when I sit with my formal bandmembers it seems Tim keeps looking over like he's worried and it feels so good to know he's jealous and then I just rub it in by saying. "did u like my lightning fast solo and he gets so jealous so now I just go w/ the flow just like I did before but just ignore the fact of my stolen bandmembers are gone but I kind of think in a way I could take em' all (not meaning to brag but......) anyway thanks for the help

any other comments would be nice biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Rockwouldbe
Mar 24 2007, 07:59 PM
Rock Instructor
i say go to all the fast solos lessons here and study them good .

and show them all what it means to shred .

and i agree he can't steel friends, and if he can earn them back with your skill take it as chalnge to get better now .

Eyal

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez Rg2570, Pod XTL, peavey classic 30w
Guitar it is a passion

a link to the Aspiring instructor

+Quote Post
beebo
Mar 24 2007, 09:22 PM
QUOTE (Rockwouldbe @ Mar 24 2007, 10:59 AM) *
i say go to all the fast solos lessons here and study them good .

and show them all what it means to shred .

and i agree he can't steel friends, and if he can earn them back with your skill take it as chalnge to get better now .

Eyal

Ok well there's only one thing I can tell him mad.gif WELCOME TO HELL!!!!!! mad.gif

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 1 2007, 01:54 AM
lol

+Quote Post
VinceG
Apr 1 2007, 04:30 AM
you think your great? learn every instrument and make a band consisting of yourself. Stop bitching and grow up. People have the ability to form opinions, and if they dont want to be in "your" band then you cant make them even if there your friends.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
BalysLTU
Apr 1 2007, 10:44 AM
Heres what you need to do. Your going to come up to him and kick that sorry a** mother****er.

biggrin.gif LOL, april fools.

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 1 2007, 07:35 PM
QUOTE (BalysLTU @ Apr 1 2007, 01:44 AM) *
Heres what you need to do. Your going to come up to him and kick that sorry a** mother****er.

biggrin.gif LOL, april fools.

lol I think I'll take em' and do wat u said

+Quote Post
BalysLTU
Apr 1 2007, 08:44 PM
Thats the spirit! Your becoming a great member of the community biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 1 2007, 09:45 PM
QUOTE (BalysLTU @ Apr 1 2007, 11:44 AM) *
Thats the spirit! Your becoming a great member of the community biggrin.gif

LOL laugh.gif laugh.gif Yea!!! Rock n' Roll!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:25 AM