> Quick Licks # 78 - Pedal Point Blues Lick
Todd Simpson
post May 4 2019, 08:41 PM
Post #1

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Let's combine the Neoclassical Pedal Pointe technique with a blues lick. This will require you to do a "finger roll" in order to to play notes on the same fret on two different strings. It's a very unique way to run a blues scale lick that I"ve not heard anyone else do. Combining things like neoclassical techniques and traditional blues licks, is a good way to help you define your own "sound". The more that is unique about your sound the better! Give it a whirl smile.gif

Attached File  78.gp5 ( 1.63K ) Number of downloads: 5882

Attached Image

Hit me up with any questions!!

Todd

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
onetabmat
post May 17 2019, 09:57 PM
Post #2

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 23.212

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post May 17 2019, 11:03 PM
Post #3

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 8.794

Tricky eh? smile.gif This one sounds really simple until you go to play it. Its more tricky than i it first seems. Doing a pedal point with a blues scale is something I've not heard done much which is great as it is something that sound somewhat new. You've got a good handle on it! The last few notes could use a polish but it's the first descending bit with the chromatic descending pattern that I'm most concerned about and you got it down. Try using this ins a solo!!
BTW well done on that guitar! She looks great and sounds great. It came together really well. Congrats!

You just...LEVELED UP!!! *Also you are still our TOP DAWG having done more Quick Licks than anybody else EVER. Congrats! Start of Honor AWARDED!!!
Attached Image

Todd
QUOTE (onetabmat @ May 17 2019, 04:57 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: May 17 2019, 11:04 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 06:11 PM