7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Opeth.db Mtp, Uploads and Discussion
lcsdds
Mar 5 2009, 11:52 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Dan....I tried to call in that prescription for you but apparently there is no "Yo Mama's House Pharmacy" in your area.....are you sure you gave me the right name of the Pharmacy?.....Let me know. tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jer
Mar 6 2009, 01:00 AM
GMC:er
There is one. That's just what they tell dentists....

Calling in prescriptions...... Sheesh. Just hand out the toothbrushes and be happy.

wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 6 2009, 02:12 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
happy.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 6 2009, 09:58 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Alright Dan. Check out the pictures. When you go to analyze a lick pull up the GP file of the lick you are gonna check out and pull of the picture up the fretboard. If you click the little scales button you can select the Key and scale you want. You'll see from the picture that I selected E lydian. When I do this the E lydian scale pops onto the fretboard. Now it will make it easier to analyze the lick we are wanting to check out.

Follow me so far.....

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Mar 6 2009, 10:06 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 6 2009, 10:09 PM
Didn't know I was supposed to use GP. tongue.gif

BRB.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 6 2009, 10:10 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Mar 6 2009, 10:09 PM) *
Didn't know I was supposed to use GP. tongue.gif

BRB.

Seriously dude!!.....You need to work on your telepathy skills! laugh.gif tongue.gif

+Quote Post
jer
Mar 6 2009, 10:20 PM
you dont have to.

Its just a tip.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 7 2009, 04:47 AM
Ok. Here is my attempt at the Lydian Serial. I did it twice in a row.

I definately still have some work to do after watching this.

This post has been edited by opeth.db: Mar 7 2009, 04:47 AM

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 7 2009, 05:30 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Dan......Pretty Cool!!!! Looks like you've been working with the Kaz-Box, your timing looked really good. Can you tell that the Kaz-box work has paid off?

2 things:

1)You played the licks that were supposed to be alternate picked with legato......Never done that myself. tongue.gif
-I want you to take those AP licks from the lesson and use them for your AP licks in your technique tab instead of the current ones. Practice them like we have talked about until you can get them up to speeed. Take if from me....DON'T NEGLECT YOUR AP!!!. It's OK because you wanted to get the lesson posted and it sounded fine, Just add the licks to your routine and work on it.

2)I want you to really try and work on your vibrato. Watch the video of the Ninja master and try to replicate.
-Good job, your timing could be cleaned up a little, but for the most part is was spot on. So, before you move on to the next level I have a little assignment for you. tongue.gif

I want you to take the tapping lick and mutate it. I want you to come up with a lick using basically the same notes but phrase it in quintuplets. Same with the string skipping lick right before the tapping lick. Phrase something in either 16th triplets or quintuplets, better yet do a combination of the two. Should be fun for you.

After you are done with it post a new take with the Opeth.db awesomeness and I'll give you the green light to move onto the next level... smile.gif

I don't know if you have noticed the improvemet in your timing.....But I DEFINITELY have.....Good Job dude!!

OH JEEEERRRRR!!!........GUESS WHAT DAN JUST POSTED........... smile.gif

+Quote Post
jer
Mar 7 2009, 01:43 PM
nicely done Dan!!!!!!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 Floor Board
Nady UHF Wireless

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 7 2009, 03:48 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Dan if you have problems with my little assignment of changing some of those licks let me know and I'll post an example of what I am talking about. I think you will really enjoy creating some licks for this lesson. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Mar 7 2009, 05:20 PM
Hey dan,

Nice job on the lydian lesson..

Monte told me to get with you on using the kazbox.. Ive never really used it much, so i was
wondering if you had any tips on using it?.. Im gonna post a video on sunday night with me using
it..

Are you having any problems using it?

John

--------------------

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 7 2009, 09:09 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Mar 7 2009, 04:47 AM) *
Ok. Here is my attempt at the Lydian Serial. I did it twice in a row.

I definately still have some work to do after watching this.

Dan the lick I am talking about is at about 0:36. It should be played with AP and you are using legato. Nothing wrong with playing it using legato.....But you should practice it with AP as well. We should get on skype sometime soon as well....I'd like to show you a few things to help with your phrasing. I want you to keep practicing this lesson and post a new take next week...after we talk on skype.

You did a great job Dan...You should be proud!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 8 2009, 02:10 AM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 7 2009, 03:09 PM) *
Dan the lick I am talking about is at about 0:36. It should be played with AP and you are using legato. Nothing wrong with playing it using legato.....But you should practice it with AP as well. We should get on skype sometime soon as well....I'd like to show you a few things to help with your phrasing. I want you to keep practicing this lesson and post a new take next week...after we talk on skype.

You did a great job Dan...You should be proud!! smile.gif

Gotcha.. Ill work on doing another take and try to do that correctly.

As soon as I figure what to analyze on that lick. What you showed me in GP is one thing I just dont get how I should explain it. Im gonna review Jer's answer on his first lick. I felt stupid. sad.gif

QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Mar 7 2009, 11:20 AM) *
Hey dan,

Nice job on the lydian lesson..

Monte told me to get with you on using the kazbox.. Ive never really used it much, so i was
wondering if you had any tips on using it?.. Im gonna post a video on sunday night with me using
it..

Are you having any problems using it?

John

Thanks John. smile.gif

Whatever you need to know. Im usually on Skype during the week around 9-11pm est. Although I think im gonna switch to getting up earlier in the mornings.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 8 2009, 02:25 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
No need to feel stupid Dan. I'm just trying to get you to think....that's all. Let me do the lick and I'll walk you through it. Do you understand how to pull the fretboard up on GP? That is why I didn't continue on. Post again and I'll post more pics and show you what I want you to look at.

You are doing great!! I just want you to know why Muris played what he played and why it works with the chord he is playing over. That way when you go to write your own solo you can use some intelligence along with your ear to come up with something FACEMELTING!!! \m/\m/. smile.gif

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 8 2009, 03:23 PM
Ok. THis is wat I learned all about these and the final lick.

E Lydian = E F# G# A# B C# D#
Emaj = E G# B
E Ionain = E F# G# A B C# D# E F# G# A B C#
E11+ = E G# B A#

The reason why this works is because all the notes present in this lick reflects the Lydian chord progression.
E11+ works because of the Sharped A.
E Maj works because of the E G# B present in E Lydian.
F# works because its present in E Ionian and E Lydian.

Hope this is right...

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Mar 5 2009, 04:14 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif You are doing fine Dan!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Sorry, I think we are all posting at the same time and I didn't see post #86. tongue.gif

Alright good job Dan........and Jer!!

So Dan....Armed with what you just learned about E+11...I want you to analyze what Muris is doing in Lick 6 from the Lydian Phrasing Beginner lesson that we are working on. Check it out at the bottom of the page. Tell me what chords he is soloing over and why they are Lydian.......F#/E is F#major with an E for the bass note.....don't want you going postal at work so I'm gonna throw you a bone on that one!!! tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Analyze the lick for us like Jer did in his post in his thread about Lick 5, you can find this in the Lydian serial thread as well. I'm gonna give you a little hint.....He is using a 6 note pattern and changing the 6th note of the pattern every time he plays it......I know you could figure this out yourself....but I am worried about the safety of your co-workers so I'm giving you that for their sake!! tongue.gif laugh.gif

Post your answer in this thread and I will post it in the Lydian thread. Now get to work......

This post has been edited by opeth.db: Mar 8 2009, 03:24 PM

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 8 2009, 04:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Mar 8 2009, 03:23 PM) *
Ok. THis is wat I learned all about these and the final lick.

E Lydian = E F# G# A# B C# D#
Emaj = E G# B
E Ionain = E F# G# A B C# D# E F# G# A B C#
E11+ = E G# B A#

The reason why this works is because all the notes present in this lick reflects the Lydian chord progression.
E11+ works because of the Sharped A.
E Maj works because of the E G# B present in E Lydian.
F# works because its present in E Ionian and E Lydian.

Hope this is right...

Good Job Dan!! The main thing that I wanted you to see was that Muris was basically outlining the E+11 chord....Your favorite chord. tongue.gif He ends the lick on a bend up to E. I am just wanting you to see that when soloing you need to take into consideration what chord you are soloing over and note just play random notes. Especially if you want your solos to be more melodic.

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 9 2009, 02:11 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Dan,
Here is an example of an alternative tapping lick in the Lydian lesson. It's phrased in your favorite grouping....quintuplets. tongue.gif Apparently, it is Kaz's favorite grouping as well. Try it out and see if you like it. It is all played with left and right hand hammer-ons....no picking at all. I'm gonna upload another take of this lesson and I'll play it with this lick so you can see how it sounds. Just an idea of how you can change the licks up and create your own part. All I did was add in an extra beat....The original lick starts on beat 2 as you can see from the pick. Then I put the D# and E on the B-string. Give it a shot....it will help you with your quintuplets as well. smile.gif

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Mar 9 2009, 02:23 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Mar 9 2009, 03:40 PM
Ok. Ill give it a go.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Mitchell Acoustic
Line 6 MKII

My Site
www.shredwork.com

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Mar 9 2009, 04:16 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Mar 9 2009, 03:40 PM) *
Ok. Ill give it a go.

I'm gonna try and do another take on this lesson today with that tapping lick so you can hear the difference. I'm gonna try and play in tune this tme too. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Mar 9 2009, 04:17 PM

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:07 AM