Need Help With Learning How To Shred
Vulpine
May 18 2012, 10:42 AM
GMC:er
Natural minor n minor pent. are my most used scales prolly(my fav atm). could someone point me in the right direction regarding video on learning shred in the Natural minor or Pentatonic scale?>

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
May 18 2012, 10:58 AM
Learning Roadie
Modal Madness for natural minor (don't get intimidated by the speed, there's plenty of slower backing tracks) and for example Gabriel's lesson on pentatonic shred for the pentatonics... for example. There's plenty of fish in the sea, I mean, plenty of lessons at GMC. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristian Hyvarinen: May 18 2012, 10:58 AM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 18 2012, 11:03 AM
Instructor
Here's some brutal penta patterns

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Killer...kk-Wylde-Style/

Here's some useful shapes (bear in mind Zsolt tunes to D so just shift the shapes down a whole tone to be in tune with him or the backing)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/modal_...xtended_scales/

When you've got your head around the basic 3 note per string shapes that are univeral, you can apply the to any scale and they'll work. It's only when you break from the normal interval pattern in modes like Phrygian, harmonic minor etc that you'll have to adapt the shapes to account for the stretch from the flattened second to major 3rd (but don't worry about that now if you're jut concentrating on minor & pentatonic)

QUOTE (Kristian Hyvarinen @ May 18 2012, 10:58 AM) *
Modal Madness for natural minor (don't get intimidated by the speed, there's plenty of slower backing tracks)

Ah, you beat me to it wink.gif

P.S. SHred is just a term that encompasses any really fast playing. Don't forget it doesn't all have to be alternate picking either.. legato is also useful and you can often nail even quicker runs that way if your fretting hand is quicker than your picking hand smile.gif

+Quote Post
Vulpine
May 18 2012, 11:06 AM
Thanks you guys = )

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2012, 07:06 PM
Instructor
Hi Vulpine! Ben gave you really good stuff. Let me know if you need some help or assistance. I'm working on a mentoring program called Gab's Army. Let me know if you want to join! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Vulpine
May 19 2012, 12:52 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 18 2012, 06:06 PM) *
Hi Vulpine! Ben gave you really good stuff. Let me know if you need some help or assistance. I'm working on a mentoring program called Gab's Army. Let me know if you want to join! smile.gif

yes definately

QUOTE (Vulpine @ May 18 2012, 11:44 PM) *
yes definately

your Bucketheadstyle lesson was the reason I subscribed for the first time and am glad I did

+Quote Post
Vulpine
May 19 2012, 06:29 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 18 2012, 06:06 PM) *

question about the Modal Madness
for 3 notes for string should I use 1,2,4 or 1,3,4 fingering , i normally go for 124 but sometimes the ring finger is right there n sometimes it wants to use the ring finger

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 19 2012, 10:25 AM
Instructor
Hey man smile.gif I personally tend to use whatever feels natural in a certain position, but I never avoid using the pinkie wink.gif try it and see what fits you best.

+Quote Post
Vulpine
May 19 2012, 08:37 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 19 2012, 09:25 AM) *
Hey man smile.gif I personally tend to use whatever feels natural in a certain position, but I never avoid using the pinkie wink.gif try it and see what fits you best.

thanx

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 19 2012, 09:47 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 19 2012, 05:25 AM) *

This is a GREAT point. Listen to your hands as you go and they will try to tell you what they want to do. Sometimes, you have to force them to do something a certain way for their own good, but many things come down to personal feel. Does it feel right to play it this way? Then it's probably ok unless it's something seriously bad in terms of form.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2012, 03:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 19 2012, 08:47 PM) *
This is a GREAT point. Listen to your hands as you go and they will try to tell you what they want to do. Sometimes, you have to force them to do something a certain way for their own good, but many things come down to personal feel. Does it feel right to play it this way? Then it's probably ok unless it's something seriously bad in terms of form.

EXACTLY biggrin.gif the body usually tells us things that we almost always tend to ignore in our pursuit of succeed smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: May 20 2012, 03:39 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 20 2012, 09:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vulpine @ May 18 2012, 08:52 PM) *
yes definately

your Bucketheadstyle lesson was the reason I subscribed for the first time and am glad I did

I feel so proud about this mate! smile.gif

I'll start your personal thread and send you a message to start working! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:08 PM