Youtube's Best Cover Tunes
Todd Simpson
Feb 18 2020, 02:19 AM
GMC:er
I've seen some quite good cover tunes of late. Our on BEN/CAEL got me thinking about covers as he recently made a cover that sounded better than the original song. Here is an Iron Maiden cover that is NOT better than the original, but I was impressed that the vocalist does a good job on it. Its not easy to do a decent Bruce Vocal IMHO. I've heard many bad ones. What do you guys think? Also, please do share a cover that you were impressed with recently.
P.S. He does an VOCAL ONLY Version of the track at the end of the vid. This is pretty impressive as there are not guitars to hide behind smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 18 2020, 02:21 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Farine54
Feb 19 2020, 12:54 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

I really like covers (especially live), and appreciate them even more if they are out of the ordinary. I do not necessarily expect them to be guitar oriented, just that they give me emotion, a bit like these smile.gif :

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 20 2020, 06:50 AM
Thanks much for sharing!! Those are probably the most interesting cover tunes I've heard in quite some time. They are cover tunes, but they are doing them their own way. That's something I can really appreciate.

Speaking of which, here is the late great Chris Cornell doing an acoustic / vocal cover of BILLIE JEAN by Michael Jackson. He really made it his own thing.

This is the same song (believe it or not) done by ALIEN ANT FARM (one hit wonder and it was a cover). Goes to show how vastly different two arists can interpret a given song.

In a FAR less interpretive vibe, here is the same guy I found for the first video and here he is doing his version of TOSS A COIN TO YOUR WITCHER which has become the big tune that everyone on youtube seems to be making a cover of!

QUOTE (Farine54 @ Feb 19 2020, 07:54 AM) *
Hi,

I really like covers (especially live), and appreciate them even more if they are out of the ordinary. I do not necessarily expect them to be guitar oriented, just that they give me emotion, a bit like these smile.gif :

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 20 2020, 06:52 AM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 20 2020, 01:57 PM

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 21 2020, 07:27 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
This one is pretty old but I've always thought that this was a great cover by a former instructor here at GMC. Marcus Lavendell's cover of Amberdawn by Yngwie Malmsteen.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 22 2020, 04:12 AM
Some great shares so far! I really dig the lounge version of Cannibal Corpse smile.gif Reminds me a bit of a band called BLACK VELVET FLAG that did BLACK FLAG (punk band from long ago) covers in a Lounge format. I actually worked on a documentary that the band put out called "THE RISE AND FALL OF BLACK VELVET FLAG"

+Quote Post
Farine54
Feb 22 2020, 06:45 PM
Learning Roadie
that wonderful covers, it's very good to listen to all this rolleyes.gif

I was very surprised to hear the voice of Dan Owen (for his young age)

This is a nice evening at the pizzeria

I think you already know Leo, otherwise it's a good one to prepare to go to a disco

And if like me you don't like dancing, I wish you a good evening with your children in the company of Mary

smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 22 2020, 09:35 PM
FARINE 54:

That Marry Poppins clip is the best smile.gif Love all these shares! I hope more people share their faves!
Todd

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 24 2020, 05:39 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Love the Cannibal Corpse Lounge Music! biggrin.gif Here are few more comedy covers. And then Zappa does the Allman Bros.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 24 2020, 05:06 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 24 2020, 12:39 AM) *
Love the Cannibal Corpse Lounge Music! biggrin.gif Here are few more comedy covers. And then

Thanks for the share! The Bluegrass version of WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN is priceless. Instant fan!
Todd

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 24 2020, 07:01 PM

I absolutely love this one!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 25 2020, 01:58 AM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Feb 24 2020, 02:01 PM) *

THANKS FOR SHARING!!! The Trooper done in Bluegrass is awesome. Also Ace of Spaces is killer. They are all cool. It's amazing to see Bluegrass bands doing Metal/Rock tunes in a very blue grass way.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 1 2020, 10:08 PM
Check out this Japanese gal shredding it up to a classic Judas Priest tune. She RAWKS!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Mar 1 2020, 10:10 PM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 2 2020, 01:25 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 25 2020, 01:58 AM) *
THANKS FOR SHARING!!! The Trooper done in Bluegrass is awesome. Also Ace of Spaces is killer. They are all cool. It's amazing to see Bluegrass bands doing Metal/Rock tunes in a very blue grass way.

No probs Todd!
Hayseed Dixie started out by playing Bluegrass covers of AC/DC, hence the name!!
wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 5 2020, 01:06 AM
One of the best classic Judas Priest Covers I've seen. Unique choice of wardrobe but to each his own. The playing is top notch. I've seen lots of bad versions of this song that really don't quite get the solo. This one is pretty awesome.

+Quote Post
Potsau
Mar 5 2020, 01:55 AM

This one is sick

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 08:55 AM