32 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > »   
Adams Bootcamp, Time to Fight Soldier!
Todd Simpson
Jan 11 2020, 07:32 PM
GMC:er
Well Fought Soldier!! Let's Debrief!
MEDALS OF HONOR
MULTI PICKING You have no trouble with the multi picking on this one. The Triple picking is well done. That one lick combines triple and double picking in the same lick which can be very confusing. Then there is a quad picking lick. Again, can be confusing for the fingers but is no trouble for you. Nice!
BACK AND FORTH The back and forth type licks don't throw you off at all. These are very tricky licks that are easy to get lost in and lose where one is meant to play next. Again no problem for you. SCORE!
BLUES LICKS EXPANDED The very long blues lick requires precision and good finger placedment. One mistake and you get to start over. No mistakes here. MEGA KILL!
Well Fought Soldiier! You are ready for the next Mission!
You just ..
LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

Sarge
QUOTE (Adam @ Jan 10 2020, 10:25 PM) *

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 14 2020, 03:54 AM
Learning Roadie

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 15 2020, 02:25 AM
This is the sister lesson to Mission 60 as you may have noticed similar bits. None of that makes it any easier though. I've come down with whatever bug/flu is going around so forgive me if I'm a pinchout of it. let's debrief!

MEDALS OF HONOR
PINKY POWER: Without pinky power, these licks fall apart. Your pinky has come a long way!

PACE: You have a good sense of timing on these which is good as so much of it is pure left hand.
PRECISION: Hitting all of these with enough power to make a note without hitting the wrong fret is not easy. You are getting better at it each time.

LEVELED UP!!!
*You are still our TOP DAWG!
Attached Image

Todd

QUOTE (Adam @ Jan 13 2020, 10:54 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 15 2020, 02:26 AM

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 17 2020, 11:19 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 18 2020, 01:39 AM
He Shoots!!! HE SCORES!!!!! Yet again another noble fight Soldier. This one is packed with tricky bits and the tricky bits no longer seem to through you of at all! This is the sister Mission to Mission 61 waaaaay back when. Just with more tricky bits added. Let's Debrief!!!
MEDALS OF HONOR
PINKY POWER: It's the least appreciated finger. Yet it's CRUCIAL to becoming a better player. One can only get so far using the first 3 fingers on the left hand. Without PINKY POWER, one simply can not be a complete player. You sir on well on your way to be a great and well rounded player.

PACE: It's almost instinctual to play easy bits faster and harder bits slower. This yields wildly uneven playing. Good news is, you don't do that. You play it nice and steady. i can hear the metronome cound going on in your head!

PRECISION: Hitting all of these with enough power to make a note without hitting the wrong fret and without adding string noise is NOT easy. You pull it off quite well!!!

Keep this Up Soldier!! You are breaking Records almost every day!! You just..

LEVELED UP!!! You remain the TOP DAAAWWWWGGG!!!!

Attached Image

Sarge
QUOTE (Adam @ Jan 17 2020, 06:19 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 18 2020, 01:40 AM

+Quote Post
Adam
Jan 18 2020, 10:38 PM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 19 2020, 12:02 AM
NICE!!! How are you digging the QUAD PICKING Soldier? Looks like you are having zero trouble at all with your MULTIPICKING these days!!! I can remember when that sort of things used to give you a bit of grief!! THOSE DAYS ARE GONE!!!! MEDALS OF HONOR

MUTE GAME IS STRONG: Your Palm Mute gets better every time Soldier!! It will serve you well once you break in to the much feared 200 PLUS section where mortal hands fail!!!!

PICK GAME IS STRONG: Precise Picking!!! Your picking technique also continues to improve. Well done.

MULTI PICK OF DEATH: A lesser man might have found his hand burning about half way through playing all of this multi picking. NOT YOU!!! You have a really good multi pick technique soldier and it's well earned.

In other words, you just ..

LEVELED UP!!

Yet again you have be awarded the HIGHGEST BADGE EVER CREATED. Nice!!!
Attached Image

Sarge

QUOTE (Adam @ Jan 18 2020, 05:38 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 1 2020, 01:33 AM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 1 2020, 11:55 PM
Great Work Soldier!!! SUPER KILL!
You knocked out every single drill in the lesson. That's a lot of patterns to memorize!!!! Nice.Let's Debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONOOR

MULTI PICKING The Multi picking of these tricky patterns can be tough. You've earned the ability to play nearly anything I throw at you! These are the really tough Lessons as they are nearly at 200. Another barrier nobody has ever broken. I think you might be the first!

MUTING Solid palm muting. With all this string traverse going on, a good mute is key! Nice.

PRECISION These licks are similar but not the same. They are built that way to trick your fingers in to playing the wrong thing. You didn't fall for the trap, well done!
This is a HARD Mission and you KRUSHED IT!!

You just....
LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image

You remain our TOP DAWG!! You bear the only active Star of Honor.

Sarge
QUOTE (Adam @ Jan 31 2020, 08:33 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 3 2020, 01:51 AM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 3 2020, 03:46 AM
Well Fought Soldier! Yet another tricky Mission that you KRUSHED!!Let's Debrief!!
MEDALS OF HONOR

OPEN STRING INSANITY You did great on some very tricky open string licks. It's very easy to mess these licks up just by hitting one wrong note. Good news is you didn't hit any wrong notes!!
MEMORY MAN This far up the food chain each Mission has several complicated bits that you have to Memorize. Well done on putting them on in your brain at once!
PRECISION You've gained a ton of precision along the way Soldier. Keep it up!!!
*COMBAT TIP: I think there is a pinch more turbo speed in your fingers than you are showing. In the next one, try to push it just a bit. Your comfort zone speed is very precise, see if you can push it to the next level and stay precise.

As for this one, you just..

LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image
[color="#FF0000"][/color]
QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 2 2020, 08:51 PM) *

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 6 2020, 12:06 AM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 6 2020, 07:59 AM
Well Fought Soldier!! Even when sick as a dog you are here to compete!! Let's Debrief!!

MEDALS OF HONOR

PINKY POWER Making very good use of the weakest finger. It's tempting to use the first three sometimes below the 5th fret, but it's always a better idea to use the pinky. Well done!SPEED I noticed that you seem to be pushing the speed a bit! Well done Soldier!!
SYNCH Despite the increase speed, you still keep good synch!! SCORE!!!
I know you don't feel well so I"m impressed that you are still pushing through!! I hope you feel better soon Soldier!! Well done on increasing speed and keeping it together! You just..

LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image
Sarge
QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 5 2020, 07:06 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 6 2020, 08:00 AM

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 7 2020, 03:20 AM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 7 2020, 04:59 AM
Another one for the books! This one is packed with tricky bits. let's Debrief!! MEDALS OF HONOR
MULTI PICKING EXTREME This one has a lot of Multipicking in it as you may have noticed. It's meant to stress the picking hand to show any flaws. You had no problems at all! Nice!!!

PINKY PROWESS Still going strong on your pinky!!! It's great to see that always use the pinky in appropriate places.

STONE COLD SYNCH LOTS of chances to lose synch in these drills. You never do!!!!

This Mission has a LOT of moving parts and you nailed all of them!!! CONGRATS!!!!! ONWARD!!!!
You just..

LEVELED UP!!!
Attached Image
QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 6 2020, 10:20 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 8 2020, 07:00 AM

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 9 2020, 04:35 AM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 10 2020, 03:25 AM
Well fought Soldier!!! I think you show an impressive amount of control and technique!! I do think you have a bit more turbo in the tank. It looks like you are playing these very casually when you could be ripping through!! I'd say turn up the aggression just a pinch.

You clearly have a good command of the essentials. This is the time to turn up the wick and see what you can do! Push yourself!! You are the highest ranking soldier we have. Show us you can shred! It's time!!
Let's Debrief!!!
MEDALS OF HONOR

JOHNNY MNEMONIC
There are a LOT of notes in this one and you got them all! You should be proud that you can remember this much stuff. It's a ton!!

MULTIPLIER There is NON STOP multi picking in this and it's using very complex tricky bits!!! You manage to do all the patterns and all the mulltipicking!
POTENTIAL I see massive potential in your playing. My goal is to get your potential out in the open. I can see the storm ready to unleash in your fingers!!
In short you got this and just..
LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 8 2020, 11:35 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 10 2020, 03:26 AM

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 18 2020, 12:12 AM
Learning Roadie
I'm pushing as hard as I can but lately I somehow lack motivation and play guitar like it was a daily chore, with no emotions nor enthusiasm. I don't think I'll ever be able to produce average or better quality stuff on my own and it's really putting me off. At this point, my Scarlett serves as a sound card and nothing else. Neither the stuff I record with it and how it turns out after processing is anywhere near acceptable.

On the bright side, I had a job interview today and seems I'll get this job. If so I'll be able to quit the one that gets me lifeless after each shift.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 18 2020, 03:23 AM
Well Played Soldier!!!!! You may be pushing yourself too hard. If you are reaching the point of "Burnout" where it's just not fun anymore, and feels more like a chore, I'd suggest that it's time to shake things up!!! The most important thing to consistent progress imho is finding
a way to make it fun. If it's not fun, it starts feeling like work and not something to look forward to. This is not a good situation as it promotes the desire to stop playing guitar and just not pick up the instrument!

I"ve got a suggestion. I think you have put in the time to learn proper technique. I think it's time to start focusing on actual MUSIC! Try to take the next Mission for example, take the licks and try to create a short guitar solo using them. They are all in E Minor. So go on youtube and select any Backing Track that's in E Minor. Then try to play the licks with the backing.

Don't worry about it not sounding perfect. It takes a lot of time and practice to be able to make a given lick work with a given backing. Putting them together is a bit like putting together a puzzle. It can be fun, it can be rewarding, it can get you out of a rut. It's way more fun than just playing drills. Some of the Bootcamp Missions have Backing Tracks that you can download. Any time you see a backing, download it and play along with it! That's the point of all of this after all. To be able to create music, not just play drills. You are ready Soldier!!!
On to the Debrief!! P.S. Todays Mission does have a Backing Track with it that would work as a backing for the licks.

MEDALS OF HONOR

PINKY PRECISION Well done on using the pinky to great effect. You have grown as a player over these Missions and your Pinky is now PRO!!!!

OPEN AND CLOSED You move between open string and fretted positions with ease. No extra string noise, no missed notes. NICE!

PACE AND GRACE You play with good pacing and don't rush or lag. You've got the foundational skills! You are ready to start playing music!!

You just..
LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image
SARGE

QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 17 2020, 07:12 PM) *
I'm pushing as hard as I can but lately I somehow lack motivation and play guitar like it was a daily chore, with no emotions nor enthusiasm. I don't think I'll ever be able to produce average or better quality stuff on my own and it's really putting me off. At this point, my Scarlett serves as a sound card and nothing else. Neither the stuff I record with it and how it turns out after processing is anywhere near acceptable.

On the bright side, I had a job interview today and seems I'll get this job. If so I'll be able to quit the one that gets me lifeless after each shift.

+Quote Post
Adam
Feb 21 2020, 02:38 AM
Learning Roadie

--------------------

+Quote Post

32 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:59 PM