4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
The Gmc Name Calling Collab
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 21 2021, 05:31 PM
GMC Founder
Welcome to the...
The GMC name calling collab

As you guys might know I am a big fan of 'call & response' in music - and with this collab I felt like taking it a step further!

The idea is that I do some vocals around your name, and you answer me with some blues licks! 😎

I took the liberty to call out some students & instructors - just to get the ball rolling. But anyone who wants to can join, just give me a shout and I will record something for you. Likewise if you don't want to/have the time to join you may of course opt out 😁

This is just an audio collab, so feel free to share your "guitar only" (with no reverb or delay) audio file and audio file with backing.

There is no deadline, we will keep going for as long as this one is active.

The backing is taken from the Slow Blues Triads lesson and you can play C minor pentatonic. Tempo is 80 Bpm.

Attached File  GMC_name_calling_collab.mp3 ( 7.56MB ) Number of downloads: 1244

-------------

>>> LISTEN TO THE FINAL RESULT HERE <<<<

We can hear several different approaches: we have some super obvious examples of call-and-response where the guitar lead is paying 110% attention to the vocals. On the other side of the spectrum we have some full on shred playing - where the guitar lead is taking space above the vocals. And then we have everything in between 😎

This allows us - as listeners - to form an opinion on what we prefer hearing. Then we can - as guitarists - try to adapt our playing accordingly.

Now, what do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Feb 17 2021, 10:42 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 21 2021, 05:46 PM
Instructor
Oh yeah!! GREAT concept! I heard the call. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 21 2021, 05:48 PM
GMC Founder
😁Looking forward to hear your jam!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 21 2021, 05:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Brilliant, I'll get my take in very soon buddy. I won't put any effects on it.

Looking forward to this one, thanks Kris.

cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

β€œSuccess is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 21 2021, 10:01 PM
There you go Kris, I hope it's okay.

I don't mind if you call me again wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/call-jam-take-1-mix

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/call-jam-take-1-dry-guitar-only

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/call-jam-take-1-c-minor-mix

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/call-jam-take-1-c-minor-guitar-only

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jan 28 2021, 08:39 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

β€œSuccess is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 21 2021, 10:28 PM
GMC Founder
Very cool Phil - love it!! 😎😎😎

This will be awesome!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2021, 05:14 AM
GMC:er
Very creative idea! I love call and response stuff. I'll have to restrain myself from drowning my take in effects per usual but I think I can manage something fairly soon. Still color grading my arkasa vid but hopefully that will be wrapped up soon.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 22 2021, 08:43 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 22 2021, 05:14 AM) *
Very creative idea! I love call and response stuff. I'll have to restrain myself from drowning my take in effects per usual but I think I can manage something fairly soon. Still color grading my arkasa vid but hopefully that will be wrapped up soon.

You can absolutely drown your take in effects and share with us! I am just referring to the "guitar only" file you will send me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 22 2021, 10:45 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hello Kris.
I would love to join also.
You can call me Tim if you want.

Greetz

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 22 2021, 10:52 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (tflava @ Jan 22 2021, 10:45 AM) *
Hello Kris.
I would love to join also.
You can call me Tim if you want.

Greetz

Awesome - an updated backing track is coming! 😁

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 22 2021, 08:59 PM
I initially went straight to look at the lesson this was based on and Javier just says the tonality is "C" so I took it as C Major, after recording my take I noticed that Kris said C Minor so I've re-done it in C minor. I've left both keys so you can choose which you prefer Kris wink.gif

Sorry for the mistake rolleyes.gif

Cheers

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 22 2021, 09:57 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Allright thanks. Cant wait 😁

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2021, 10:30 PM
GMC:er
Got it!!

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 22 2021, 03:43 AM) *
You can absolutely drown your take in effects and share with us! I am just referring to the "guitar only" file you will send me.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 23 2021, 01:23 AM
Instructor
Here I go!! I really enjoyed jamming over this one! Kris' call made want to do lots of screamy bends! laugh.gif

Attached File  Gab_Solo_Mix___The_Gmc_Name_Calling_Collab.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 242

Attached File  Gab_Solo_GTR_only_fxs___The_Gmc_Name_Calling_Collab.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 221

Attached File  Gab_Solo_GTR_only_dry___The_Gmc_Name_Calling_Collab.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 184

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jan 23 2021, 11:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
Here is my answer to your call Kris biggrin.gif

Attached File  name_calling__full_mix_.mp3 ( 1.12MB ) Number of downloads: 205

Attached File  name_calling__guitar_with_no_fx_.mp3 ( 1.51MB ) Number of downloads: 199

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 24 2021, 03:46 PM
GMC Founder
@ Phil and Steve - your "guitar only" files sound like there is no amp or speaker. I think it's best if you disregard my comment about not including and reverb / delay and just send me the "guitar only" file with effects like you would normally do ( I edited my opening post).

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 21 2021, 10:01 PM) *

AWESOME! I prefer the C minor version! Watch this space wink.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jan 23 2021, 01:23 AM) *
Here I go!! I really enjoyed jamming over this one! Kris' call made want to do lots of screamy bends! laugh.gif

Attached File  Gab_Solo_Mix___The_Gmc_Name_Calling_Collab.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 242

Attached File  Gab_Solo_GTR_only_fxs___The_Gmc_Name_Calling_Collab.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 221

Attached File  Gab_Solo_GTR_only_dry___The_Gmc_Name_Calling_Collab.mp3 ( 1.06MB ) Number of downloads: 184

Killer jam, thanks Gab!! I think this created a great call & response effect!

QUOTE (Steve Gilfield @ Jan 23 2021, 11:29 PM) *
Here is my answer to your call Kris biggrin.gif

Attached File  name_calling__full_mix_.mp3 ( 1.12MB ) Number of downloads: 205

Attached File  name_calling__guitar_with_no_fx_.mp3 ( 1.51MB ) Number of downloads: 199

AWESOME - I knew you'd answer - great lines mate πŸ‘Š

Here are two more 'name callings' 😁

TFlava/ Tim: Attached File  GMC_name_calling_TIM.mp3 ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 261

Phil 2nd repsonse: Attached File  GMC_name_calling_PHIL2.mp3 ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 248

Anyone else want one? πŸ€—

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 24 2021, 03:47 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 24 2021, 02:28 PM) *
@ Phil and Steve - your "guitar only" files sound like there is no amp or speaker. I think it's best if you disregard my comment about not including and reverb / delay and just send me the "guitar only" file with effects like you would normally do ( I edited my opening post).

Strange, I went through a Marshall and 4x12 with two mics in TH-U, I'll check it out later wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 24 2021, 03:56 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 24 2021, 03:47 PM) *
Strange, I went through a Marshall and 4x12 with two mics in TH-U, I'll check it out later wink.gif

My bad then, that will work great! Looking forward to your next reply 😁

--------------------

+Quote Post
Timmez
Jan 24 2021, 08:24 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Thanks man!

Here is my mix and guitar only file wink.gif

Attached File  Naming_colab_TIM_mix.mp3 ( 1.66MB ) Number of downloads: 200

Attached File  Naming_colab_TIM_guitar_only.mp3 ( 1.15MB ) Number of downloads: 207

Greetz Tim

+Quote Post
Steve Gilfield
Jan 24 2021, 10:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
Kris here is my part but with reverb and delay.

Attached File  bluuuu.mp3 ( 617.14K ) Number of downloads: 155

The one I sent you before was just the Fender tweed amp with its cabinet, but it is VERY dry.
So if you will use the dry recording then add reverb/delay or whatever you think would make it more alive.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:36 PM