Which Guitar? 800-900 Usd?
Chres
Oct 28 2009, 10:39 AM
GMC:er
Hi guys.

I am about to buy a new guitar.

I have been looking through alot of guitars, and i have been thinking of buying this one:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_sas36fmtl.htm

What do you guys think of it?

I am playing alot of Rock, Blues and some metal.

I got like 750-900 USD (500-600 Euros)

Do you guys have some other suggestions?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Oct 28 2009, 12:50 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I`ve not heard much of that guitar, good nor bad, but I`ve tried it a couple of times with my guitar guy. Very nice playability, and very nice looking! I`ve not explored to much of the sound via an amp, but I`ll presume with those pickup configurations, you should be able to get a lot of nice tones, especially for rock and blues.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 28 2009, 02:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
Try to get a used Prestige Ibanez from Ebay, sooooo much more guitar for the money!!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Oct 28 2009, 02:30 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
Agree with Zakk, unless you really fell in love with that SAS, there could be a lot of money to save regarding quality

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
AdamB
Oct 30 2009, 09:04 AM
GMC:er
I agree with the ebay route, you can get a nice second hand prestige pretty cheap. I got a 2nd hand RG1570 prestige for what is roughtly equivalent to 500 USD, it was in practically new condition and didn't even have any fret wear. If you're happy to spend more after that, you could spend the money left over and buy youself some really good pickups to fit in it.

-Adam

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:23 PM