Stuck For Riffs?, .. no problem, just nick a good one!
Artemus
Apr 11 2009, 01:43 AM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Hey there folks!
I dug out an album I hadn't listened to for a while; Burning Bridges by Arch Enemy and one of their songs grabbed me because I couldn't help think, "I've heard this riff somewhere. It sounds so familiar.."
I just couldn't think where I'd heard it and was quietly going insane for a few moments until it clicked. "Aha!.." (as in an exclamation of realisation, not the group famed for Take On Me..) "I know where I've heard this before"

Seed Of Hate by Arch Enemy:

Bark At The Moon by Ozzy Osbourne (riff in question is at 1:20):

I am not bashing Arch Enemy - I like them and I like the Amott bros. Furthermore I've done this myself on a few occassions. I really have something in my head, write the riff and then someone will tell me I've ripped off such and such a band. Or even deliberately take someones riff that I enjoy and play around with it a bit to create my own - although I try not to do this too much of course

I've had this de ja vu quite a few times but I can't think of any others at the moment. Post some more songs that have striking similarities

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Artemus: Apr 11 2009, 01:44 AM

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 05:04 PM